The manager speaks

No offence but we’ve heard all this talk before and recently 

I’m optimistic and can’t wait for him to get started but those types of sound bytes got old towards the end of Warburton’s first season.

Im worried reading between the lines he will be trusting a few of them to up their game and buy into his philosophy - they shouldn’t get the chance to !!

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

From the express 

The new Ibrox boss has seen the telling footage of the 4-0 capitulation in the Scottish Cup semi-final and the 5-0 thrashing last week as celtic clinched seven-in-a-row.

He said: “I can’t have that. That’s got to stop now.”

And he has made it clear he won’t tolerate anyone who does not fit his model of desire, passion and a fear of no one.

Gerrard – who wasn’t at Ibrox on Saturday as the Gers beat Kilmarnock 1-0 thanks to a David Bates goal – said: “These players will know – when I get a chance to speak to those that are currently here and those that we add – what myself and my staff are about and what we demand.

“It’s very important from the off that they really buy into what we are trying to do here, and there’s a lot of areas where we need to improve.

“I need players that are willing to adapt, that are going to believe in what we are trying to do.

“But I have been around footballers for a long time – I’ll work out very quickly who fancies this challenge and who wants to come with me.

“And if there are people who don’t fancy it and want to be somewhere else, good luck to them.

“I want players who want to come with me on this journey, who want to take the challenge to everyone that’s in this league and are willing to give everything they’ve got. I’ll work out these people very quickly.”

He'll do just fine  IMO

Virtually every player at the club then :lol: 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I’m optimistic and can’t wait to get started but those types of sound bytes got old towards the end of Warburton’s first season.

Im worried reading between the lines he will be trusting a few of them to up their game and buy into his philosophy - they shouldn’t get the chance to !!

4/5 will IMO I think we will see a massive turnover of players but think its unrealistic to think come the first day of next season we will have a complete new starting 11.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We need to see a massive turnover of players - I can’t stress that enough - even if we have to spend a few bob getting about 15 out the door 

if we don’t then we won’t progress - that’s legitimate as far as I’m concerned 

In ma head I'd ship the lot oot mate. I just know thats no gonna happen :lol: So am with you on it 100%

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Not trying to be funny but who have we heard it off of?

I can only remember managers coming in and praising or paying lip service to the players already here.

Every manager stand in and otherwise past few years - not verbatim obviously but the stuff about players being on board with what we want to do etc 

what he’s saying is not wrong or anything but I don’t get moved by good points and nice sound bytes - and neither should anyone else - it’s results and players with mental strength/winners we need - there’s none here so his sound bytes are doomed from the off in this instance 

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I’m optimistic and can’t wait for him to get started but those types of sound bytes got old towards the end of Warburton’s first season.

Have to agree, fine words but they have to be put into practice on the pitch, time will tell.

24 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Don't let Warburtons sales pitch deter you from every Rangers Manager. Things are looking up for us, let's be positive.

18 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Me too 

Alnwick as back up, McCrorie, Murphy and maybe Dorrans, Cummings and Candaies are the only ones I’d be unhappy to see go. 

The rest if we can cash in on or just find new clubs for I’d be happy 

I agree we can't expect him to buy a whole new squad of 20 odd players so some of the current squad will need to step up and be at least back up players for next season.  On top of the players mentioned I would expect Docherty, John, Jack and Morelos (if we don't get a big money bid for him) to be squad members next season.

21 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Thing is, those sound bytes came from managers who just said it because they had to say it, and me personally didnt really believe fully in the words that came out their mouth.  For me, what Gerrard says he means and believes and that's what i think will make the difference next year.

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Every manager stand in and otherwise past few years - not verbatim obviously but the stuff about players being on board with what we want to do etc 

what he’s saying is not wrong or anything but I don’t get moved by good points and nice sound bytes - and neither should anyone else - it’s results and players with mental strength/winners we need - there’s none here so his sound bytes are doomed from the off in this instance 

Aye the stuff about being on board etc fair enough.

Not many managers come in and say the rest of what he said though, warning them that it is not good enough and he won't be having it.

Most managers will come in and say it's a clean slate and go on record as saying players have the chance to impress them.

I don't get moved by soundbites either, this squad are fucking useless and the only one out there starting today i would keep is off to Germany in the summer, i'm glad he will hopefully see through these mugs and get rid of them.

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Me too 

Alnwick as back up, McCrorie, Murphy and maybe Dorrans, Cummings and Candaies are the only ones I’d be unhappy to see go. 

The rest if we can cash in on or just find new clubs for I’d be happy 

I canny wait until he leaves, don't rate him, or like him and the fact near enough every other person loves him makes me dislike him even more