***** The Official Ryder Cup 2018 Thread *****

How do you think the morning 4balls will line up on Friday?

Rose/Stenson

Casey/Poulter 

Rahm/McIlroy

Fleetwood/Hatton

Garcia, Molinari, Olesen & Noren 

Thats my guess and order.

Americans:

Spieth/ Reed

Tiger/ DeChambeau 

DJ / Thomas

Finau / Bubba 

Again best guesses.

Personally I would play Noren from Ulf start. He's great at match play, solid and cool as fuck, and has won in Paris. I'm not so sure he will though.

Both teams are so strong I almost wished they'd change the format slightly and have 3 foursomes and 3 four balls. Always a bit shit for someone who barely plays or doesn't play at all in the first day.

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Personally I would play Noren from Ulf start. He's great at match play, solid and cool as fuck, and has won in Paris. I'm not so sure he will though.

Both teams are so strong I almost wished they'd change the format slightly and have 3 foursomes and 3 four balls. Always a bit shit for someone who barely plays or doesn't play at all in the first day.

The selection or non-selection of players does add some intrigue but can see the benefit of everybody playing an having a real chance to contribute from the outset. Must be a little bit sh1t you've worked for two years to get there and only get 1/2 games (only one of which being actually picked to play). I think everybody plays the 3 days of Presidents Cup?

I think Yanks line up Speith/Reed, Tiger/JT, DJ/Koepka, DeChambeau/Fowler.

Europe Rose/Stenson, Fleetwood/Molinari, McIlroy/Rahm, Casey/Noren.

Wouldn't surprise to see Garcia/Rahm & McIlroy/Poulter together at some point.

6 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Rose/Stenson

Casey/Poulter 

Rahm/McIlroy

Fleetwood/Hatton

Americans:

Spieth/ Reed

Tiger/ DeChambeau 

DJ / Thomas

Finau / Bubba 

Again best guesses.

I have sneaky feeling poulter will be paired with Rory on the opening day and also don't rule out Rose & Garcia, Rahm is slightly off the boil just now, I know you can't play everyone but their is a case for molinari or olesen to play on the opening day fourballs 

12 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I have sneaky feeling poulter will be paired with Rory on the opening day and also don't rule out Rose & Garcia, Rahm is slightly off the boil just now, I know you can't play everyone but their is a case for molinari or olesen to play on the opening day fourballs 

I think our 3 most solid, reliable players are Rose, Noren and Molinari. I think they play a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 more often than not.

The other 9, on their day can easily be 10s as can the 3 above, but the likes of Rory, Rahm, Garcia, Olesen, Hatton etc can be quite fiery and go the other way. It's gonna be very interesting.

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think our 3 most solid, reliable players are Rose, Noren and Molinari. I think they play a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 more often than not.

The other 9, on their day can easily be 10s as can the 3 above, but the likes of Rory, Rahm, Garcia, Olesen, Hatton etc can be quite fiery and go the other way. It's gonna be very interesting.

Yeah both teams are strong,  looking at bigsasasfloopyhair yank team he may be not far off but I can't see Bubba playing and koepka not....that would be insane if they bench the guy who is holding 2/4 majors....also worth noting that mickleson & reed always teamed up well but big Phil is just so erratic just now it would be hard for furyk to justify giving him an opening slot.

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Yeah both teams are strong,  looking at bigsasasfloopyhair yank team he may be not far off but I can't see Bubba playing and koepka not....that would be insane if they bench the guy who is holding 2/4 majors....also worth noting that mickleson & reed always teamed up well but big Phil is just so erratic just now it would be hard for furyk to justify giving him an opening slot.

Yeah big Phil and hopefully a few others should hopefully struggle on the tighter fairways they don't quite experience in America! Hopefully Rory sorts his driving out though!

Agree with both you boys. 

Fourballs you want birdies and need them to win holes so arguably Olesen and Noren could play as they make a lot, could also argue Garcia to play gear as withnhim not having a great season foursomes might not be his thing.

Molinari is first on the sheet for foursomes and bet everyone wants to be his partner. 

Just had an email from my club, out head pro Alan White is chair of the PGA and on Thursday at the opening ceremony is delivering the opening speech.

Superb exposure for Lanark and well done to him. Also fitted me for my driver earlier in the year, so in my eyes he is a good cunt.

17 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Rose/Stenson

Casey/Poulter 

Rahm/McIlroy

Fleetwood/Hatton

Americans:

Spieth/ Reed

Tiger/ DeChambeau 

DJ / Thomas

Finau / Bubba 

Again best guesses.

Molinari/fleetwood is the only change I'd make mate.  All 12 will play on day one imo

8 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Not sure how accurate the last post is. Some reports are saying Rory and Rahm have been playing together. Think the 4s below are accurate but not quite clear which 2 have been playing together.

I think Rory Rahm is a stick on.

Think Fleetwoood Poulter could be electric too if they are on a game.