Stevie & Flanagan Press Conference

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Spliffy said:

I hold the belief that if it weren't for the fact we are in need of decent quality players at low cost then he wouldn't be here. A necessary evil, but it does contribute to the feeling of a loss of standards at the club. And, he is just so disturbingly ugly. Like an inbred Jon Cryer.

No everybody can be as handsome as your fine self sir ?

2 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Russian version (18 mins)

?

Many thanks mate .... the RTV version was as if it was being transmitted in a language foreign to Earth ... sound was horrific.

It was also like SG & JF were being held captive in a ship container against their will, and were arranging their release from captivity .....:p:

:UK: 

19 hours ago, Spliffy said:

Rightly or wrongly, it's way harder to hate Gascoigne and hold anything like that against him all things considered. He was a troubled genius with a life time of demons while simultaneously being the best British footballer of his generation, and he was ours. Flanagan has not an iota of talent by comparison and is not in anyway likeable. Though I don't know for certain, I highly doubt his life was as tragic as Gascoignes. I am aware of the hypocrisy.

On a side note, I think there can be a generational angle applied. Not saying it's ever been right, but Gascoigne came from a time when it was probably far more common. I'd argue it's probably what makes Flanagans assault slightly more shocking due to it being in this day and age.

I'm not comfortable making it seem like I'm defending his actions, because I'm not. I'm also not content to have it as black and white, but that may simply be put down to an overriding affection for Gascoigne the footballer versus the human being

So our saying it’s ok for gazza to batter his missus on more than one occasion becuse he was a better player than flannagan 

sorry mate but your a fanny

flannagan has gave us everything in every game