Rangers Vs Morton

The Lad

MORTON manager Jim McInally will use a closed doors game with Rangers on Thursday morning to run the rule over Slovenian trialist Jani Sturm.

The Ton had last night's scheduled pre-season friendly with Lancaster City at the Giant Axe cancelled after a flash flood turned the pitch into a lake.

But Macca is confident that the Murray Park run-out will prove to be an ideal replacement.

He said: "Rangers had been in touch for a closed doors game and, to be honest, I was swithering.

advertisement"At that stage, with the Lancaster game on, and Saturday's Renfrewshire Cup Final with St Mirren also looming, I thought it may have been too much.

"However, I am just relieved we went for it now. The weather in Lancaster was fine all day up until 6.30; then it turned into a monsoon.

"There was just no way the game was playable and that was only after a 45-minute downpour."

Now McInally will continue to assess 25-year-old striker Sturm in training before pitching the former ND Gorica player in against the Gers.

Macca said: "Jani has looked good in training, but we need to see him in a match situation.

"That would have happened at Lancaster last night, but now he will feature at Murray Park.

"I know he was at Dundee United before us and Craig Levein had a long, hard look at him before deciding not to pursue his interest.

"Hopefully Craig's loss will be our gain. Jani is the type of player who likes to slot in behind a front two and he has a good touch."

Must be our youngsters that are playing.

MORTON manager Jim McInally will use a closed doors game with Rangers on Thursday morning to run the rule over Slovenian trialist Jani Sturm.

The Ton had last night's scheduled pre-season friendly with Lancaster City at the Giant Axe cancelled after a flash flood turned the pitch into a lake.

But Macca is confident that the Murray Park run-out will prove to be an ideal replacement.

He said: "Rangers had been in touch for a closed doors game and, to be honest, I was swithering.

advertisement"At that stage, with the Lancaster game on, and Saturday's Renfrewshire Cup Final with St Mirren also looming, I thought it may have been too much.

"However, I am just relieved we went for it now. The weather in Lancaster was fine all day up until 6.30; then it turned into a monsoon.

"There was just no way the game was playable and that was only after a 45-minute downpour."

Now McInally will continue to assess 25-year-old striker Sturm in training before pitching the former ND Gorica player in against the Gers.

Macca said: "Jani has looked good in training, but we need to see him in a match situation.

"That would have happened at Lancaster last night, but now he will feature at Murray Park.

"I know he was at Dundee United before us and Craig Levein had a long, hard look at him before deciding not to pursue his interest.

"Hopefully Craig's loss will be our gain. Jani is the type of player who likes to slot in behind a front two and he has a good touch."

Must be our youngsters that are playing.

and probably that donkey sionko as he doesnt look like getting a game...the game may also be a good way for some players who didnt feature against ajax and get some sharpness before the chelsea and qualifers- the likes of novo, gow etc

Yeah, im kinda of the same, best mates a big Morton fan so I make it over to Cappelow 5 or 6 times a season, they had a few trialists who impressed,hopefully they can hold their own this season.

Smith also sipped the two goals in the second half :(

Lost 2-0

first half team

Carroll

Murray

Webster

Broadfoot

McMillan

Sionko

Gow

Beasley

Novo

Burke

Sebo

Farly strong team to be getting beat by Morton 2-0 :ohmy:

Exactly my thoughts Bazza. That's not a kick in the arse off our 'B' team, so to speak.

Unhappy with that result.

Well to bring you back down...I heard beasley was pish and Smith cocked up for both our goals....and Sebo still can't score.

:)

Sebo - 1 start, 1 goal from play.

Boyd - 4 starts? 1 goal from a penalty.

So we have 4 attacking minded players with no holding player. Beasley isn't a centre mid, and gow should be working off a holding midfielder.

N why bother with murray on the right, just get a fucking right back.

Sebo must be saving himself for the SPL <Good King Good King CR of RM of RM>

Sebo didnt score, So what?! Neither did the rest of the team.

Put Kris Boyd in that team and he wouldnt have gotten any service either.

When Boyd plays he has Ferguson and everyone else supplying him, Yet when Sebo gets a chance he always plays with the reserves and gets judged because of it.

Not saying he would score in a better team, but he would have a better chance.