Did tonight prove Lee Wallace Rangers career is over?

GOAT

Not that long ago I'm sure SG said that when he is fit he will play his part in the squad ..... whatever the outcome of the tribunal  .... although with the arrival of Flanagan and Barasic and the resurgence in form of Halliday, it doesn't look too good for him right now.

So the only reason he will be kept in the first team squad will be for the odd cameo until the next window where he will be up for sale .... If this is what happens I will wish him all the very best wherever he goes .....  and despite some of the snide remarks of some of the amnesiacs in this thread (who must have been some fucking players in their day) I will always remember his goal against the scum as one of his highlights playing for us.

Not forgetting his staying fully committed and loyal to us at our lowest time ever in all of our footballing history .... when others bolted faster than Usain himself at the Olympics ...... that still deserves some respect from our support.

:UK:

4 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I know this will be going against the grain with a lot of the support, but I never liked him because I never rated him. Even although I didn't think much of him, I still expected far more than he gave us when we went down the leagues. Just like I never took to players like broadfoot or boab malcolm, they have mediocrity written all over them. A bit mean I know, but when people talk of legend status and all this, I just don't understand it one bit.

Never heard anyone call Wallace, Broadfoot or Malcom (except from when he wrote "FTP" Legends. Tbf. 

2 hours ago, docspiderman said:

I agree. Never rated him at Hearts and with us he looked decent playing part timers but as soon as he was back playing against professional teams his weaknesses were shown up; always very poor defensively and going forward seemed unable or unwilling to try to cross the ball. I think he is intelligent enough to know he is earning, with us,  far more than he ever thought possible and has been happy to stay and have a good life.

Might be spot on with that one mate

26 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Never heard anyone call Wallace, Broadfoot or Malcom (except from when he wrote "FTP" Legends. Tbf. 

lol, there's been plenty calling Wallace a legend because a lot have rated him and he stayed with us as we dropped down the leagues. Broadfoot and Malcolm  as far as I know have never been called legends, but do see all three as having about the same ability.

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

lol, there's been plenty calling Wallace a legend because a lot have rated him and he stayed with us as we dropped down the leagues. Broadfoot and Malcolm  as far as I know have never been called legends, but do see all three as having about the same ability.

Broadfoot and Malcolm don’t get called legends because they never done what Wallace done, Broadfoot done good at that time but he’s a wank. 

44 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Not that long ago I'm sure SG said that when he is fit he will play his part in the squad ..... whatever the outcome of the tribunal  .... although with the arrival of Flanagan and Barasic and the resurgence in form of Halliday, it doesn't look too good for him right now.

So the only reason he will be kept in the first team squad will be for the odd cameo until the next window where he will be up for sale .... If this is what happens I will wish him all the very best wherever he goes .....  and despite some of the snide remarks of some of the amnesiacs in this thread (who must have been some fucking players in their day) I will always remember his goal against the scum as one of his highlights playing for us.

Not forgetting his staying fully committed and loyal to us at our lowest time ever in all of our footballing history .... when others bolted faster than Usain himself at the Olympics ...... that still deserves some respect from our support.

I know I'm probably one of the ones you're talking about mate, but I've never rated Wallace and always failed to see why he got such praise from some. It's nice he stayed with us, but that was his job really. If he took a pay cut then fair play to him - that's different, but a player with limited ability as another poster touched on may well not have gotten a better deal than dropping down the leagues with us. I've always seen him as being a terrible leader on the pitch and never understood why he was given the captaincy.

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Broadfoot and Malcolm don’t get called legends because they never done what Wallace done, Broadfoot done good at that time but he’s a wank. 

Those names were mentioned but with nothing to do with legend status mate, was simply comparing ability.

But you're 200% spot on in saying Broadfoot is a wank

If the squad maintains to be relatively injury free he ain't getting a look in. Along with him losing his place in the hierarchy within the squad now, replaced by captain on the pitch by Tav and off by Halliday, there's no real need for him to be around. Move along in the January window if possible or let his contract run out, either way he ain't going to play for us again.

49 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I know I'm probably one of the ones you're talking about mate, but I've never rated Wallace and always failed to see why he got such praise from some. It's nice he stayed with us, but that was his job really. If he took a pay cut then fair play to him - that's different, but a player with limited ability as another poster touched on may well not have gotten a better deal than dropping down the leagues with us. I've always seen him as being a terrible leader on the pitch and never understood why he was given the captaincy.

?

No way Jack mate .... you were giving valid input as to why he has never been a favourite of yours .... that I can relate to as there have been a few in the last ± 6 years who did not deserve to wear a replica Rangers top never mind step onto Ibrox Park wearing the genuine article.

The ones I refer to about making snide remarks need to look no further than their own posts ..... it's one thing to criticise a player but to ridicule them is another story without taking into consideration the good they did off and on the field .... as you highlighted.

Granted limited ability is not what's required for success at our Club .... but in Wallace's defence .... in the period just before admin he was playing well in a team who only the season previously had won their third league title ..... when we went down the divisions we had no players of that quality left as they had all "shot the craw" thinking we were not the same Rangers and terrified about their careers.

It was a very emotional time as you know and any who stayed to fight the good fight like Wallace still deserve credit for their loyalty as very few players of standing would touch us with a shitty stick .... so although his star is now on a lower trajectory due to better players in his old position it may be time he was moved on ... but we should not forget his decision to stay was ..... along with the others at that time welcomed by the majority and should be respected for this.

As for him being given the captaincy ... I agree he was not what we usually expect from a leader of our team ... but there wasn't really that many players to choose from for the position at that time.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

?

No way Jack mate .... you were giving valid input as to why he has never been a favourite of yours .... that I can relate to as there have been a few in the last ± 6 years who did not deserve to wear a replica Rangers top never mind step onto Ibrox Park wearing the genuine article.

The ones I refer to about making snide remarks need to look no further than their own posts ..... it's one thing to criticise a player but to ridicule them is another story without taking into consideration the good they did off and on the field .... as you highlighted.

Granted limited ability is not what's required for success at our Club .... but in Wallace's defence .... in the period just before admin he was playing well in a team who only the season previously had won their third league title ..... when we went down the divisions we had no players of that quality left as they had all "shot the craw" thinking we were not the same Rangers and terrified about their careers.

It was a very emotional time as you know and any who stayed to fight the good fight like Wallace still deserve credit for their loyalty as very few players of standing would touch us with a shitty stick .... so although his star is now on a lower trajectory due to better players in his old position it may be time he was moved on ... but we should not forget his decision to stay was ..... along with the others at that time welcomed by the majority and should be respected for this.

As for him being given the captaincy ... I agree he was not what we usually expect from a leader of our team ... but there wasn't really that many players to choose from for the position at that time.

That's a valid point actually, there wasn't much to choose from at all. 

All it takes is 2-3 little injuries or red cards and any of our squad will be asked to step up. Also fully expect SG to rotate the squad as we progress through European games and Cup games, as well as when it is required in the main event, the league.

We have seen Halliday rehabilitation, a rare glimpse of Rossiter, improvement in Tav, why would LW not want to impress the new manager and show what he can do if he gets the chance. Of course if someone want to make an offer...