*** Official Rangers V Accies (Away) Thread ***

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We played pish, not that we wre that bad, on a shitey surface and won 4-1 away from home.

Title winning form in my book.

We've already witnessed just how good we are when we step up a gear. We played for about 15 mins yesterday and battered them. A cricket score if we had actually played the full 90 mins.

The knee jerkers anonymous in full flow I see. We do love a good moan.

22 hours ago, Yonner said:

The past two home games have seen two fantastic results that have helped to paper over quite a few cracks. Against Vienna, we were very poor in the first half and exceptional in the second. Against the Jammies, we were exceptional in the first half and very poor in the second. Today, we were very poor all day and but for a lucky and dubious penalty would likely have come away with another Aberdeen and Motherwell result. Frankly, in my opinion, we deserved nothing better. We had one moment of class in the entire first half, which resulted in a goal. They had a better moment of better class in the second half which resulted in an equaliser. At that point, we were headed for a draw and to be fair to the Accies, a desrved draw. We got a bit of luck, converted it and then naturally, their heads dropped and we capitalised. Fair play, the ruthlessness with which we dispatched them was great to see but anyone who thinks we are serious challengers (either in the league or Europe) is deluded on the basis of the last three games. The Taigs have had their worst run of form for five years and we are still well behind!

Agree with some of what you say but take issue with us getting lucky with the first penalty. It is a wonderful ball in behind the defence but far enough out for the keeper to not come for it. Has good pace on it. If Penny doesn't mean into it with his arm, which he clearly does, then Alfredo has a tap in and we are discussing a very good goal from open play. Also don't agree we are still "well" behind the taigs. All still to play for on the domestic front and Europe is just a case of keeping the run going as far as possible.

On 22/10/2018 at 19:38, Brubear said:

Agree with some of what you say but take issue with us getting lucky with the first penalty. It is a wonderful ball in behind the defence but far enough out for the keeper to not come for it. Has good pace on it. If Penny doesn't mean into it with his arm, which he clearly does, then Alfredo has a tap in and we are discussing a very good goal from open play. Also don't agree we are still "well" behind the taigs. All still to play for on the domestic front and Europe is just a case of keeping the run going as far as possible.

Fair points on the penalty BB.....but what i meant about being well behind the Taigs is not necesarily related to the points in the table but in where we are as a work in progress. Like most others on here, i want to get carried away with the excitement but i feel we are getting some pretty lucky outcomes here and there. They say luck balances itself out over the long haul, so we'll see come the end of the season. Personally, i'd settle for second place in the league, a cup final and getting out of the group stages in europe. A cup win would be the icing on the cake but i don't believe we are anywhere near winning the league, playing the way we do away from home.

7 minutes ago, Yonner said:

Fair points on the penalty BB.....but what i meant about being well behind the Taigs is not necesarily related to the points in the table but in where we are as a work in progress. Like most others on here, i want to get carried away with the excitement but i feel we are getting some pretty lucky outcomes here and there. They say luck balances itself out over the long haul, so we'll see come the end of the season. Personally, i'd settle for second place in the league, a cup final and getting out of the group stages in europe. A cup win would be the icing on the cake but i don't believe we are anywhere near winning the league, playing the way we do away from home.

Of course you’d settle for us to come second in the league cos you’re a taig. 

Archived