***The Official Rangers v Zeta Thread***

Muff

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope so, Danny, but God in Heaven how many times has overconfidence come back to bite Scottish fans in the arse? Take nothing for granted - EVER - or have we learned nowt from Ally MacLeod's World Cup debacle those many years ago? Let's just keep our mouths tightly clamped and treat this team with respect, but still come out with all guns blazing.

I am treating this team with respect. I treat any opponent with respect from Chelsea to Chelsea Pensioners FC.

The point is we'd be unspeakably gutted with anything other than a good win, and that gives you some idea of the vast superiority we have over this team.

Anything less than a good win just isn't acceptable, and I guarantee you if that happens, everyone will come on here saying that all the hope is gone, we're crap, everything's dreadful and Celtic will win the SPL easily etc.

Just realised something about Zeta, I thought they played in the Serbian League and finished 1st ahead of the likes of Partizan, but they play in a crappy Montenegran league which is completely different and of a much poorer quality. I though Serbia and Montenegro where of the same country but hey.

What sort of attendance can we be expecting the morra?

quite frankly we need to be wary of the threat that this team poses. Whilst i appreciate that rangers SHOULD have the class to completely overpower their opponents, one thing this outfit have is nothing to lose. They literally are playing the game of their lives, and they will leave everything out on the pitch, so rangers need to match their hunger and desire with gusto and then let their superior skill do the talking. Whichever way you see it, it should make for a very free flowing open match with plenty of goals.

The problem last season was a lack of fight and we have that back now in abundance. CL qualifiers are never easy and it will be intersting to hear the crowd tomorrow night, this is no Chelsea after all. And if after 20 minutes we are 0-0 and seem to be struggling, well we all know what may happen.

We definately have the players to beat this team hands down tomorrow night. I wont be surprised if Boyd doesnt start. We look fit and up for it, this is important. We wont underestimate them and if we play half as good against them as we did against Chelsea I think wel storm it 4-0. Or is this just hope ?

Just realised something about Zeta, I thought they played in the Serbian League and finished 1st ahead of the likes of Partizan, but they play in a crappy Montenegran league which is completely different and of a much poorer quality. I though Serbia and Montenegro where of the same country but hey.

No, Red Star Belgrade are Serbian champs. This Zeta side are absolute backwater pub team standard in comparison who are champions of a pathetic league in Montenegro - they're barely any better than a Scottish junior team if that good indeed. A convincing victory is a bloody minimum.

What sort of attendance can we be expecting the morra?

FH I think.

This Zeta side are absolute backwater pub team standard in comparison who are champions of a pathetic league in Montenegro - they're barely any better than a Scottish junior team if that good indeed. A convincing victory is a bloody minimum.

even so... they are here for a reason. They dont let junior teams into the CL. they may well be rank rotten but they are there on merit, we have to respect that, and treat this game as we would a CL group stage game.

I dont know why..but i have a bad feeling in my gut..

There is a fine line between treating a team with respect and defending.

Thats why I say we got all out attack and finish these mugs in the first leg.

There is a fine line between treating a team with respect and defending.

Thats why I say we got all out attack and finish these mugs in the first leg.

No no, of course, i dont mean we should treat them like we are playing R.Madrid. We ARE a better side than them by a mammoth distance, but this is a potential banana skin as its so early in the season and we have signed a lot of players who need to gel.

This Zeta side are absolute backwater pub team standard in comparison who are champions of a pathetic league in Montenegro - they're barely any better than a Scottish junior team if that good indeed. A convincing victory is a bloody minimum.

even so... they are here for a reason. They dont let junior teams into the CL. they may well be rank rotten but they are there on merit, we have to respect that, and treat this game as we would a CL group stage game.

You really are horribly pessimistic. This is like going up against something slightly above a pub team.

It would be a travesty if we didn't convincingly win.

You really are horribly pessimistic. This is like going up against something slightly above a pub team.

It would be a travesty if we didn't convincingly win.

It would indeed, but remember "any given day" (Berwick Rangers, or a number of Euro "minnows" that we've ended up tripping over). I hope we leave them in ruins, but I also refuse to take anything for granted.

i know..iv just seen it all go horribly wrong too many times.

When it comes to 10 minutes before the game, believe me , i'll be posting on here saying ' lets stick 5 past this mob and get it done with'

:craphead:

Is Watty thinking about going 4-2-3-1? He says on the Rangers website that Thomson is a doubt but he will be given time to see if he is fine. He wont drop Ferguson and Hemdani will start.

Is Watty thinking about going 4-2-3-1? He says on the Rangers website that Thomson is a doubt but he will be given time to see if he is fine. He wont drop Ferguson and Hemdani will start.

Who would play "in the hole," if we went with that formation though ?

With Thomson a doubt, I would think we will go with a 4-4-2, with Hemdani and Fergie in the middle.

i firmly believe the team that started v chelsea will start this match

------------McGregor---------

--Hutton--Cuellar--Weir--Papac

--McCulloch-Hemdani-Ferguson-Adam--

---------Boyd----JCD

I hope dont, the lack of drive and creativity is shocking in that team which may lead us into a frustrating evening.

IMO...the team should be...IF Thomson is fit....

---------------McGregor--------------

--Hutton---Weir-----Cuellar----Murray---

--------------Thomson----------------

--McCulloch--Ferguson---Beasley----

------------JCD----------------------

-------------------Boyd-------------

It wont be like that though unfortunatly in my eyes

I think Novo has all but demanded a starting place after the Chelsea game, so I think he will start on the right, with McCulloch on the left.

Novo just wont go away will he? Everytime his time appears to be up he manages to battle back into contention :pipegreen:

An absolutely indomitable spirit Dado - you can criticise aspects of his play - but never his spirit or attitude.