Gerrard, we have made progress

backup

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We've obviously improved since last season, id argue that both warburton and pedro improved on the season before them as well, but for value for money gerrard was saved purely down to europe, domestically for the money spent we have failed, no ifs or buts, we have failed, not to make a cup final nevermind keeping the league going till the last few games would have had other managers chased out of Govan 

You can’t just disregard Europe because us getting into Europe was massive for our club,we would probably have more points if we didn’t get into Europe but we will never know.

i would argue Pedro improved absolutely fuck all and signed a load of shite.

i will say I expect a influx of quality this summer and therefore a trophy.

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

You can’t just disregard Europe because us getting into Europe was massive for our club,we would probably have more points if we didn’t get into Europe but we will never know.

i would argue Pedro improved absolutely fuck all and signed a load of shite.

i will say I expect a influx of quality this summer and therefore a trophy.

Pedro signed morelos ?

Some of our fans are worse than celtic supporters and will go out their way to see the bad in any situation regarding Rangers tbh, if i was like that, i would genuinely give it up. What's the point following something that pisses you off so much. 

Even Gerrard using previous managers signings as part of his starting 11 is used as a stick to beat him with for some reason. The fact that all managers do this and even Walter Smith done this- after spending a fortune, is forgotten.

The money he's spent argument gets mentioned a lot as well, but the fact he's earned around twice as much as he's spent, gets forgotten.

We've made progress this year, to deny that, is just stupid. 

5 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Even Gerrard using previous managers signings as part of his starting 11 is used as a stick to beat him with for some reason. The fact that all managers do this and even Walter Smith done this- after spending a fortune, is forgotten.

The money he's spent argument gets mentioned a lot as well, but the fact he's earned around twice as much as he's spent, gets forgotten.

We've made progress this year, to deny that, is just stupid. 

Who has used it as a stick too beat him with?  , it's been used as a counter argument to people saying he inherited a complete clusterfuck of a squad or people telling lies with statements like we didn't have a team in may , 

Has anyone really forgot how much we earned in Europe? Does making that money excuse the domestic stuff ? 

Again this nonsense about people denying any progress , the only argument I have seen is whether there was enough progress for the money spent 

17 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Who has used it as a stick too beat him with?  , it's been used as a counter argument to people saying he inherited a complete clusterfuck of a squad or people telling lies with statements like we didn't have a team in may , 

Has anyone really forgot how much we earned in Europe? Does making that money excuse the domestic stuff ? 

Again this nonsense about people denying any progress , the only argument I have seen is whether there was enough progress for the money spent 

It's been said by the same people, saying basically the same thing's, over and over again. 

Excuse what domestic stuff? The cup results? That was poor, but far better teams than this have lost in cup competitions and in one off games, it happens. I'm ready to move on now, even if others aren't ready yet.

Second in the league is progress, getting to the groups of the Europa league when we spent around £8m when others in the group were spending 10 times that amount, is definitely progress.

I'm not sure what it is that people are expecting here? It's obvious to everyone,  including Gerrard, that we need to add quality to our team. Adding quality will help with the consistency we need and hopefully turn all these draws into wins.

5 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

It's been said by the same people, saying basically the same thing's, over and over again. 

Excuse what domestic stuff? The cup results? That was poor, but far better teams than this have lost in cup competitions and in one off games, it happens. I'm ready to move on now, even if others aren't ready yet.

Second in the league is progress, getting to the groups of the Europa league when we spent around £8m when others in the group were spending 10 times that amount, is definitely progress.

I'm not sure what it is that people are expecting here? It's obvious to everyone,  including Gerrard, that we need to add quality to our team. Adding quality will help with the consistency we need and hopefully turn all these draws into wins.

Cool so nobody actually said it then , but keep repeating it means the actual points don't need discussed , 

The cup results , our record against the top 6 , livi defeat , draw with Dundee , it's not just one off / it can happen when its consistent 

49 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Ah that old chestnut ,so anything bad under pedro was his fault , any good was someone else's doing , 

Anything bad under Gerrard is somebody else's fault , anything good is down too him ? 

Here piss off will ya I’m not having a argument about how pedro is good because he signed Morelos.

2 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Cool so nobody actually said it then , but keep repeating it means the actual points don't need discussed , 

The cup results , our record against the top 6 , livi defeat , draw with Dundee , it's not just one off / it can happen when its consistent 

What is actually your point or you just trying to argue with everyone who is pro gerrard?

Just now, Laudrup1690 said:

What is actually your point or you just trying to argue with everyone who is pro gerrard?

😂 I've already said I'm in the Gerrard camp stupid , I wont pretend everything is great for the sake of it though , or tell lies like you to try make Gerrard look better

21 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

It has been said, you literally agreed with that in your last post. The context in which it's been used is where we're disagreeing. 

We've lost one game less than celtic and drawn games we've been very unlucky not to win. We've also deserved to lose a few games, so what? If we should be beating teams like Livingston based on budget, then using that logic, we shouldn't beating celtic or getting near the groups of the Europa league either, again, what are you expecting? 

Before the season began, i would've taken second and the groups of the Europa league, then pushed on for the league next season, you?

3 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

It has been said, you literally agreed with that in your last post. The context in which it's been used is where we're disagreeing. 

We've lost one game less than celtic and drawn games we've been very unlucky not to win. We've also deserved to lose a few games, so what? If we should be beating teams like Livingston based on budget, then using that logic, we shouldn't beating celtic or getting near the groups of the Europa league either, again, what are you expecting? 

Before the seasons began, i would've taken second and the groups of the Europa league, then pushed on next season again, you?

I expected atleast finals of the cups and to be within 10 points at the split , the tarriers have been worse than expected though which makes it even more frustrating 

Just now, ger4life_1872 said:

I expected atleast finals of the cups and to be within 10 points at the split , the tarriers have been worse than expected though which makes it even more frustrating 

I expected to be in a cup final as well tbh, but didn't expect the Europa league groups, so that makes up for that, imo.

They have been pish, definitely. We've also been very unlucky at times, and the officials have fucked us more than once as well. The league table could and probably should look completely different tbh.

7 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

It’s actually quite similar to Celtics situation during our 8th title in a row. They improved on their previous seasons, drew far too many games and as much as they improved they couldn’t get the better of our more experienced team over the course of a season. The huge difference between both teams this season has been last few minute goals. We have conceded far too many while they score one most times when it’s required. 

Fully believe we are only a couple signings off winning the title. 

Last season we got pumped by them several times, after 1 window and Stevie we built a team that could not only compete in OF games, but had the ability to blow them away when we played to our potential. Just need to learn to grind out wins against the lesser teams

Turn our draws against Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hibs, Dundee, Kilmarnock into wins and take away their last minute winners, and the league looks completely different. 

It's all hypothetical now obviously, but if we had the quality in our team now, that i think we'll add in the summer, those draws would've been wins imo.

Not adding a quality attacking midfielder during the last window was a mistake.

7 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Turn our draws against Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hibs, Dundee, Kilmarnock into wins and take away their last minute winners, and the league looks completely different. 

It's all hypothetical now obviously, but if we had the quality in our team now, that i think we'll add in the summer, those draws would've been wins imo.

Agree with all of your post. 

The last bit was apparent in the first game back after the break

34 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Before the season began, i would've taken second and the groups of the Europa league, then pushed on for the league next season, you?

If it meant another season of trophy less failure then absolutely not, anybody that would take second, a group appearance and no trophies is a moron.

7 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Same was said last season, and it’s still embarrassing 

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If it meant another season of trophy less failure then absolutely not, anybody that would take second, a group appearance and no trophies is a moron.

Same was said last season, and it’s still embarrassing 

So you would rather have a domestic cup and earn about £100k or whatever, before earning around £15m from the European groups? You're clearly not qualified to call anyone a moron.

The same probably was said last season, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Archived