Steven Gerrard warns Rangers flops they’ll be bombed out

Ace

16 minutes ago, pcbear said:

We need a skip at Ibrox every season for the duds, this is expensive and the homework on potential signings does not appear to be forensic enough as we seem to have a much higher % of players not made of the right stuff to cut it.

Any new manager has to deal with players he didnt sign. Unfortunately Gerrard has about 3 other failing managers often failure signings in his squad. He's made his own signings, some have succeeded others havent. Again, that's fairly typical.

I'd agree we could do with the % being higher, who wouldnt want that, but for us its equally important to move on the costly contracted players he doesn't want, which is no easy task considering they're contracted and on good money. Which brings us to this thread and how managers can go about moving them on yet here we have some on here apparently unhappy with SG in using one tactic available to him.

32 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

It's from the Sun ffs, doubt SG would cosy up to them alone with that story ..

So you think they just made it up and he never said those things? 

Barisic we would at least break even on due to his international status more than anything else. 

Grezda just hasn’t worked so probably be sold or used in swap type deal.

Lafferty, I’d imagine will dig his heels in but if push comes, he will end up with a termination or sold at a loss to hearts as he was happy there.

1 hour ago, backup said:

If these statements are true and indeed  made by SG, they show an alarming lack of man management skills, PR too.

When  I see these I wonder if he is hinting that the players slated..were not his choices or signings, would be strange for him to be calling his own judgement into question so publicly 🤔

Which statements?

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I've read this article.

Nothing for me in any way close to an alarming lack of man management skills, PR too. Which is why I'm asking which statements. 

We agree to differ.

42 minutes ago, OhW said:

So you think they just made it up and he never said those things? 

I think even Jock Wallace would say the same thing, make sure everyone (players included) knew, if you didn't do the business then you're out.

SG hasn't mentioned names after all, so a lot of there article is conjecture

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You seem reluctant to answer the question.

You seem to be looking for an argument where there is none, SG has  a habit of throwing players under the bus, that you fail to recognise that trait is your prerogative.

3 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

I think even Jock Wallace would say the same thing, make sure everyone (players included) knew, if you didn't do the business then you're out.

Fuck are you on about?

3 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

Jock never threw his and our players under any bus, class personified.

5 minutes ago, backup said:

You seem to be looking for an argument where there is none, SG has  a habit of throwing players under the bus, that you fail to recognise that trait is your prerogative.

No, on this thread you said his statements have been alarming on a man management and PR level. I disagree and have asked what comments make you believe that to be the case. That you're not clarifying suggests that theres actually no substance to your initial remark, which I believe is the reason you'll not clarify. 

The trait I'm seeing is someone being asked a simple direct question which you fail to answer.

Under the bus? Looks like you've fallen for the journalistic narrative rather than actual quotes. Oops.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

No, on this thread you said his statements have been alarming on a man management and PR level. I disagree and have asked what comments make you believe that to be the case. That you're not clarifying suggests that theres actually no substance to your initial remark, which I believe is the reason you'll not clarify. 

The trait I'm seeing is someone being asked a simple direct question which you fail to answer.

I will leave it with you, your prerogative to be star struck.

Just now, backup said:

I will leave it with you, your prerogative to be star struck.

I'll take your lack of reply to a simple question as evidence of your embarrassment at the initial remark you made having fell for the journo narrative rather than quotes. 👍

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'll take your lack of reply to a simple question as evidence of your embarrassment at the initial remark you made having fell for the journo narrative rather than quotes. 👍

Take it whatever way you like that makes you happy, not important in the grand scheme of things.

no need to mention this. tell the players privately this stuff. tell them if they aren't good enough then they're gone. 

hopefully he is true to his word and gets rid of some of the donkeys we have. if they think they can just sit collecting wages while doing he fuck haw then get them tae fuck. 

1 minute ago, backup said:

I have a stuck record joining in now, it can stay stuck...😇

Just another poster aware that not only are you full of shit but you dont even have the conviction to debate your pov, instead deflecting or being evasive and not even realising how weak that comes across.

2 minutes ago, backup said:

I have a stuck record joining in now, it can stay stuck...😇

If that’s me your referring to I’m only interested in what you said about “Gerrard throwing players under a bus” I’m keen you expand a little by naming the players. 

It makes for a far better discussion 

23 minutes ago, OhW said:

Fuck are you on about?

Obviously not this bus.....

"Gerrard admitted the display had confirmed some of his worst fears about certain members of his squad. “I already knew about them before the game,” he said “But sometimes it takes a game like that to confirm that certain people don’t fancy this challenge. They don’t want to come along with me. So it’s pretty easy to work out who you trust and who you want around you. You realise who’s going to give you a better chance of success moving forward.”

Asked specifically about Grezda and Barisic, he said: “I’m not here to speak about individual players but I’ve already spoken about them a while ago. Have I seen anything in the interim to show me they’ve taken it on board? Well, one’s been injured but have they played in the starting 11? Not much, so that’s the answer to your question. Unfortunately, there were a lot of players when I came into the club who were holding Rangers back. And there’s still some around. At the right time, I’ll address that.”