Steven Gerrard warns Rangers flops they’ll be bombed out

Ace

2 minutes ago, backup said:

Obviously not this bus.....

"Gerrard admitted the display had confirmed some of his worst fears about certain members of his squad. “I already knew about them before the game,” he said “But sometimes it takes a game like that to confirm that certain people don’t fancy this challenge. They don’t want to come along with me. So it’s pretty easy to work out who you trust and who you want around you. You realise who’s going to give you a better chance of success moving forward.”

Asked specifically about Grezda and Barisic, he said: “I’m not here to speak about individual players but I’ve already spoken about them a while ago. Have I seen anything in the interim to show me they’ve taken it on board? Well, one’s been injured but have they played in the starting 11? Not much, so that’s the answer to your question. Unfortunately, there were a lot of players when I came into the club who were holding Rangers back. And there’s still some around. At the right time, I’ll address that.”

why are you saying that to me?

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Why dont  you copy paste full articles? 

Because I'm on my phone, if you want the full article, hit the link 🤷🏼‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Ace said:

Because I'm on my phone, if you want the full article, hit the link 🤷🏼‍♂️

I'm on my phone and copy pasted. Just prefer not having everyone have to give these rags hits and you'd done half the copy paste job anyways👍

Was in cooper for sheep game lafferty was speaking there and to me he came across as bitter at not playing.sounds more like he had been told before he was being horsed.that would account for the hump

6 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

He allows them to sit in press conferences etc no problem so why wouldn't he 

The club allow the Scottish Sun in, as to why wouldn't he you never saw the reporting on Hillsborourgh, I would ban the cunts straight away.

1 hour ago, Malvern said:

The club allow the Scottish Sun in, as to why wouldn't he you never saw the reporting on Hillsborourgh, I would ban the cunts straight away.

Gerrard could put a stop too it if he really wanted , but like most scousers involved in the game they all claim too hate the sun but are quite happy to deal with Murdoch thru sky etc when it suits them , colin Murray is the only person I know of who's action of quitting talksport matches the scousers hating the sun / Murdoch

17 hours ago, Tommy WATP said:

While I understand his thinking it’s a conversation that doesn’t need to be made public. Devalues the player when it comes to negotiating fees etc

Is this our manager admitting to. Mistakes 

Thought not. 

Maybe its more than just bombing out flops (again) that's needed.    Below is an extract from a Twitter posting by David Conn who is a writer for the Guardian on football and other stuff:...……….

" Liverpool revival under US owners FSG: Taken no money out, loaned in £110m to rebuild main stand, hired top coach with modern structure, recruited fine players. Man United under US owners the Glazers: Taken £1bn out and more every year, put no money in, etc etc...."

I know the comparison is between Liverpool and Manchester United but it maybe begs the question for Rangers about the extent to which King and the Board have done enough to generate the funding needed to get 'fine players recruited'.    

My current belief is that to get anywhere quickly ie within a few seasons and certainly for the 150th anniversary annual 'bombings out of flops' should have as its flipside the funds to make sure that whoever replaces them are materially better replacements and not just some sort of minor incremental improvement on a sort of hope-it-works-out basis.     Seems to me the challenge on King and the Board to get their shoe leather worn out by working to generate materially more cash has slipped into the background with tacit expectation that the only transfer money to be spent is money generated from selling the flops and selling our better player-assets plus whatever is allocated from ST sales.   

Going back to the Twiiter message from Conn it leaves the question open as far as I'm concerned as to whether King and the Board are doing enough to generate cash and whether there are any Liverpool lessons they should be learning.     It'd be interesting to hear King's views on the model Liverpool have adopted to generate football success and to contrast that with the model he is applying for Rangers......and if there are differences to explain why what works for Liverpool is not going to work for Rangers.

18 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

..and if there are differences to explain why what works for Liverpool is not going to work for Rangers.

king is our glaser 👍

Becoming obvious that Lafferty was told and instructed to say the right things for one last big paycheck in Scotland, fake interest and commitment, play a few games, get feet under the table and more wages, then sit around.

Sooner he fucks off the better dont have time for the guy tbh. 

54 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Is that what you actually think or are you just going along with what your BF1 pals are saying here too?

I think we should give him pre-season and until Christmas, he's shown moments of real quality but in equal measure real shit. It does take some players longer to adjust, Papac probably being the most relevant example given position and nationality (I know different countries, but same region).