Backroom Staff

STEVEH

This is not a knee jerk reaction as I have had this concern for a while now, but I would question the calibre of the backroom staff that Steven Gerrard has assembled around him. 

Souness had the vastly experienced Walter Smith to bounce ideas off, but Gerrard  has brought up former academy coaches with him in the likes of Michael Beale, Tom Culshaw and Jordan Milsom who have no experience of coaching senior pros. I have a great deal of respect for Gary McAllister but he has failed as a coach and a manager in previous roles.

Gerrard still has my full support but I question the capabilities of those around him. 

6 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Were you questioning their appointments after the two OF victories last year? Questioning their appointments after 2 defeats in 22 European games? Let’s not be to knee jerk, we’ve been horrific today but we’ll take our medicine and go again. 

Agree, we were pish end off 

I

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

The problem is characters like Beale and co that he’s brought up fancy themselves as tactics geniuses so they’d have probably been behind the changes for today but Gerrard should never have gone ahead with that 

He is the biggest spoofer going. 

3 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

The problem is characters like Beale and co that he’s brought up fancy themselves as tactics geniuses so they’d have probably been behind the changes for today but Gerrard should never have gone ahead with that 

The problem is those guys came from clubs where finishing 2nd was acceptable. 

I'm not saying they have a losing mentality but with us 2nd place is a loser