Edmunson interview.

20 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Goldson deserves to sit on the bench on Saturday for me. But we all know he won’t as he’s a gaffers favourite. 

It does seem strange with all the talk of rotation and using the squad that Goldson never gets rested (not dropped) having said that I.m a great believer in keeping the central defence pretty much intact as it's important to keep the pairing intact as often as possible. 

27 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Minus goldsons bad pass, the performance was poor but no bad pass no goal

Both CBs should have done better really.

Can’t fault them too much so far this season, apart from a couple of wobbly spells though.

That said, if you’re Helander or Edmundson and you see such a big mistake you’d expect to get your chance now (if your doing well in training). 

4 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

No more than any other - he has also been one of our most consistent  top performers over the piece 

He’s pretty steady. 

Think some oddly appreciate him less because he’s a managers ‘favourite’, whereas Katic gets a bit more slack for some of his mistakes because it’s perceived he was wronged by the manager when he was dropped him for that big diddy farmer. 

Wouldn’t object to Helander coming in at the weekend. 

4 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

That’s how Belgium always play.

Take your word for that as I don't watch a lot of international football. 

Point still stands though, with what appears to be a strong back four to select from, could a back 3 make sense in certain fixtures?

8 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

He’s pretty steady. 

Think some oddly appreciate him less because he’s a managers ‘favourite’, whereas Katic gets a bit more slack for some of his mistakes because it’s perceived he was wronged by the manager when he was dropped him for that big diddy farmer. 

Wouldn’t object to Helander coming in at the weekend. 

It’s great to have competition but partnerships and the team are important too - Goldson plays a leadership role as well - the time to test new partnerships are cup games ( early rounds) not the first league game after our first loss of the season ( imho ) 

On 12/09/2019 at 22:53, Bluepeter9 said:

Goldson made a mistake in the OF game - it happens - but his play this season has been really good and folks want to drop him - place makes me laugh sometimes. 

He’s been shaky this season for me. Katic is towering above him imo and he shouldn’t be.