Miserly Defence

Jamie0202

Another clean sheet tonight with very little chances against us.

We've chopped and changed at the back at times this season but I'm a great believer in keeping a consistant back 4 if we can. We're doing that now and seeing the benefits.

At times we weren't pretty but very well organised. 

Individual errors but the other team members worked hard enough to close down the opposition and mitigate any threat.

As much as I love watching us score goals, not conceding will be key to winning the league this season.

A clean sheet against one of the best teams in Europe speaks volumes for our defence tonight......thought our back 4 and Alan McGregor were magnificent to a man...... although they had great support from the midfield too it must be said.

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I'm oot my tits mate and don't make many threads but I've looked at it again and think it's spot on. I could put strong or solid but naw miserly is bang on.

Hahaha! Fair do’s ma man WATP 🇬🇧👍🏻

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

A clean sheet against one of the best teams in Europe speaks volumes for our defence tonight......thought our back 4 and Alan McGregor were magnificent to a man...... although they had great support from the midfield too it must be said.

Did McGregor make a save apart from the outstanding one from the offside effort?

3 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Did McGregor make a save apart from the outstanding one from the offside effort?

I take your point.......  however that save was world class and came at a vital time during the game. He never knew it was offside so he deserves credit for such an outstanding save nevertheless.

It's also the assurance he gives the defense....... he breeds confidence with his handling and organising of the backline should not be under estimated.

He played his part in a famous win tonight, make no mistake imo.

3 hours ago, TopCat said:

I take your point.......  however that save was world class and came at a vital time during the game. He never knew it was offside so he deserves credit for such an outstanding save nevertheless.

It's also the assurance he gives the defense....... he breeds confidence with his handling and organising of the backline should not be under estimated.

Leighton played I am sure way beyond that age, ALlan has it in him to play like that, I say he can do CV similar añd better 👍

3 hours ago, TopCat said:

Any one got a clip or an action shot of it ! would be amazing if some one got one of it ! like one of the photographers in the ground!

5 hours ago, TopCat said:

The midfield tracking back is something that defo shouldnt be overlooked, i did have concerns that they were too deep last night, but in a way that does help us defensively, jack and kamara never gave a porto runner any time whatsoever

Archived