Stranraer...St Mirren...now Hearts...

Virtuoso

14 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The set-up and Tactics are his fault.

i’ll never understand the need for Kamara, Jack and Davis at home to St Mirren.

Tend to agree with that. We become too passive.

It's easy to say in hindsight but, considering how Defoe, Kent and Arfield linked up last year at Tynecastle, I'm surprised he didn't use them as a front three yesterday. Having said that, the whole team looked lethargic and lacking in leadership/direction yesterday.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I still think we should have put out a full strength side against Stranraer, needed to get competitive match fitness up as soon as possible. That game was a perfect opportunity after the break. Today's game proved how sluggish and disjointed we were after it. Next season we should do exact what a "break" is for, and rest up at home. Get some training and a couple of friendlies on the schedule.

No need for jetting across the world (with family in tow) for essentially a holiday, it hasn't worked in two seasons and has to stop. A complete waste of time and money and we are worse for it.

Absolutely spot on.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Common denominator in those games, no Morelos! 

We badly need a striker to fill in when hes injured or, more likely, suspended. A physical presence that can hold up the ball preferably. 

Alfie  is a huge miss and no mistake, ive criticised tav on and off for years but I would argue we missed him even more yesterday. Especially if the player we pick to replace him is Flanagan. We effectively hand the whole right hand side of the park to the opposition . We certainly need a back up striker for sure though.

Archived