Stranraer...St Mirren...now Hearts...

Virtuoso

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The squad is not as strong as he thinks it is and that is his fault. When you have no recognized striker on the bench and you ask a 38 year old to play 90 minutes then it is a problem.

But picking that team and then 8 of them underperformed is hard to blame the boss. We have played 4-3-3 all year and because we lost, he got the tactics wrong? Playing Flanagan was wrong, I will give you that.

It's got shades of last season when we only had one fit striker in the Hampden semi. Ok, Defoe is 100x the striker Sadiq was but it's the same issue - we have no alternative on the bench if plan A doesn't work. The fact Stewart isn't fit right when we need him is infuriating for me if I am honest but it's obviously not his fault. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, chris182 said:

It's got shades of last season when we only had one fit striker in the Hampden semi. Ok, Defoe is 100x the striker Sadiq was but it's the same issue - we have no alternative on the bench if plan A doesn't work. The fact Stewart isn't fit right when we need him is infuriating for me if I am honest but it's obviously not his fault. 

Even when Stewart is fit, he is reluctant to play him. He would have been the perfect option for Defoe today.

16 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The squad is not as strong as he thinks it is and that is his fault. When you have no recognized striker on the bench and you ask a 38 year old to play 90 minutes then it is a problem.

But picking that team and then 8 of them underperformed is hard to blame the boss. We have played 4-3-3 all year and because we lost, he got the tactics wrong? Playing Flanagan was wrong, I will give you that.

The team underperforms it’s the manager fault, when was the last time you saw a team sacked and the manager stayed. The buck stops with him. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The team underperforms it’s the manager fault, when was the last time you saw a team sacked and the manager stayed. The buck stops with him. 

Then thank fuck we have a manager with a thick skin who will only grow from the negativity that come his way.

31 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The team isn’t performing and you don’t think that’s Stevies fault??

He trains them, he picks the team, he sorts the tactics and formation, he is the only man that can actually change the game during the 90 mins. 

But it isn’t his fault. 

It's never his fault, he's like a god on here😞

The amount of fuck ups he's made signing / tactical wise is horrendous

9 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

We can all see when the pressure is put on the mhanky mob they go in to meltdown. We come back from the winter break and have made it easy for them rather than coming back and sending a big message, sickening. 

When have they went into meltdown....any time we have been top or even close in the last 2 years it has been us that has capitulated. We have 3 games earlier than them in Feb so we will see what impact that has

9 hours ago, Ivybank said:

It's never his fault, he's like a god on here😞

The amount of fuck ups he's made signing / tactical wise is horrendous

He gets criticism. The scum home loss evidences that, as do many posts yesterday.

But there are some who opposed his appointment, appear restless waiting on reason to pounce with criticism. Who are anonymous when doing well but prominent when something goes wrong. 

You're in that camp.

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He gets criticism. The scum home loss evidences that, as do many posts yesterday.

But there are some who opposed his appointment, appear restless waiting on reason to pounce with criticism. Who are anonymous when doing well but prominent when something goes wrong. 

You're in that camp.

Yeah I love it when we fuck up just to say say I told you so, it'll be great when the tims win the league

dont talk utter shite. He makes mistake after mistake ,the list is endless since the Killie game last january

7 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Yeah I love it when we fuck up just to say say I told you so, it'll be great when the tims win the league

dont talk utter shite. He makes mistake after mistake ,the list is endless since the Killie game last january

1st paragraph. Very touchy. Not what i said at all. But you were one of the most vocal against him, you flit in and out of here, not particularly noticeable when we're winning but back with a bang to criticise him when we dont. Maybe you're not even aware you do it. But probably are.  So no I dont think you WANT us to get beat, but I do think you like to make the most of it when we do.

The 2nd para graph shows you're selective in what you want to read. You said he had god status, I said he gets criticism and gave examples. You then say its mistake after mistake as if he doesn't get criticised which he does.

He's erred in team selection, hes erred in recruitment, he's erred with being overly loyal to certain players. He's not God, no one thinks that not even him when he takes ownership of mistakes.

But overall given where we've came from to where we are hes revolutionised us. And that's the bit folk like you rarely give credit for, it's easier for you to be negative.

18 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

1st paragraph. Very touchy. Not what i said at all. But you were one of the most vocal against him, you flit I'm and out of here, not particularly noticeable when we're winning but back with a bang to criticise him when we dont. Maybe you're not even aware you do it. But probably are.  So no I dont think you WANT us to get beat, but I do think you like to make the most of it when we do.

The 2nd para graph shows you're selective in what you want to read. You said he had his status, I said he gets criticism and gave examples. You then say its mistake after mistake as if he doesn't get criticised which he does.

He's erred in team selection, hes erred in recruitment, he's erred with being overly loyal to certain players. He's not God, no one thinks that not even him when he takes ownership of mistakes.

But overall given where we've came from to where we are hes revolutionised us. And that's the bit folk like you rarely give credit for, it's easier for you to be negative.

"Revolutionised us"😀 What a stupid thing to say 

I dont understand why we went in with a setup yesterday that most people could see we had struggled with in 2 games at home against very limited opposition. You cannot play the way we do with Morelos but simply swap in Defoe. We showed during Morelos' lengthy suspension at end of last season that Defoe can be very effective with someone playing up there supporting him. At that time it was Arfield. We could have done the same yesterday or played Aribo in that role. Instead Gerrard played the usual system and it was like he was simply hoping a chance would fall to Defoe in the box and he would take it. That didnt happen because we were either putting in crosses to Defoe and 4 Hearts defenders or playing him through but too far out for him to be effective as he has no pace to keep ahead of the defender and carry the ball close enough to goal to get a shot away. We have proven we are a better team than celtic going head to head but I think they are proving they have a better squad to cope over the course with how they have handled Eduoard and FFS Christie being out.

5 hours ago, Ivybank said:

From where we were, to where we are, given the cards stacked against us? No wonder you appear to criticise, never praise, if you dont think the growth is incredible.

Probably defines you in a nutshell tbh.

13 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

I got slated on here last week for stating that our performances and results against lower teams (since the break) was unacceptable - yet the majority on here defended it.

No matter how you want to dress it up, our last three performances have been woeful.

Something is wrong and SG doesn't look like he has any idea how to change it - which is worrying.

ps: before anyone mentions Tav and Morelos - we should have a team able to comfortably deal with most Scottish teams...not a team built and solely reliant around two players and it's starting to look like we've failed to strenghen during this window.

Fucking scunnered.

100% spot on. 

As I said last night though...we have had a team without Morelos and Tav that have had no problem matching how they play when we do have them.

I don't buy into the excuses that we don't have a solid team that solely rely on these two players though. That's nonsense because we have ALL seen it done in the past. 

They have had zero desire to prove they are good without Tav and Morelos and that is a big problem.

Also, SG talks the talk after these type of matches...however, what has actually changed since that game against Stranraer? All I see at present is them going from poor to worse despite the previous 2 wins scraped before hearts. 

Whatever is going on, it needs sorted out now. We shouldn't be chasing our tails again. 

It wasn't just the fact we didn't have Morelos and Tav. Gerrard played the same team who vastly under performed against St Mirren.

Flanagan does not suit our style and there is no need for those three midfielders to be playing at the same time as each other. 

Also we adjusted our style to suit Defoe at the end of last season with Arfield playing closely to him, why was this not done again? 

He isn't often to blame, but Gerrard has to take this one on the chin. Terrible management. 

40 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

It's not really. 

We do have a good team compared to our previous Managers since 2012 - look where we are in Europe also? That wasn't just by chance. He has built us a team that we never imagined was ever going to happen again. Given us all a reason to actually hope. 

However, something isn't right at present for some reason...and that has to be put sorted quickly. 

31 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

It wasn't just the fact we didn't have Morelos and Tav. Gerrard played the same team who vastly under performed against St Mirren.

Flanagan does not suit our style and there is no need for those three midfielders to be playing at the same time as each other. 

Also we adjusted our style to suit Defoe at the end of last season with Arfield playing closely to him, why was this not done again? 

He isn't often to blame, but Gerrard has to take this one on the chin. Terrible management. 

THIS?

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Common denominator in those games, no Morelos! 

We badly need a striker to fill in when hes injured or, more likely, suspended. A physical presence that can hold up the ball preferably. 

We look pish and pansies without Morelos, even against the likes of Stranraer.  

Archived