2years running

KingKirk

11 minutes ago, TMB said:

Did he run the team on to the ground?  Is there evidence to support this?  As I said, I don’t watch Rangers train in Dubai (I doubt anyone on here does).  If there’s something we’re doing differently to celtic or Liverpool then maybe I can understand the criticism.  

Watch the videos on rtv mate

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TMB said:

Did he run the team on to the ground?  Is there evidence to support this?  As I said, I don’t watch Rangers train in Dubai (I doubt anyone on here does).  If there’s something we’re doing differently to celtic or Liverpool then maybe I can understand the criticism.  

It was reported we were on 2 sessions a day whilst celtic only did one with no running drills.

It was even poked fun at by our RTV and twitter guys with shit like "the running drills are back!" captions.

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

So you've started another thread on our form, now please tell us the root cause of have no spark and so many players off it. 

It's like you're bursting to tell us somethng, so please share ffs.

Wit

15 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

It was reported we were on 2 sessions a day whilst celtic only did one with no running drills.

It was even poked fun at by our RTV and twitter guys with shit like "the running drills are back!" captions.

McGregor: Bhoys are refocused thanks to Dubai training camp

By: Tony Connelly on 10 Jan, 2020 11:23

AS celtic’s training camp in Dubai nears its conclusion, Callum McGregor said the quality training time has helped the champion’s refocus and has intensified their hunger for the challenge that awaits in the second half of the season.  

celtic will fly back to Glasgow on Sunday for the second half of the season after wrapping up their week-long warm-weather training camp in Dubai.

It’s the fourth successive year the squad have travelled to the Emirate to prepare for the season run in and McGregor highlighted the importance of the training time.

“With the amount of games in the calendar year, it makes the training time a lot shorter,” said McGregor. “We get pre-season to plan how we want to implement our style of play and getting the boys together on the grass as a group. As the season rolls on, you lose that and becomes more a case of recovering and preparing for games.

“It’s a good idea to come out here, get everyone together and refocus our idea in terms of our identity, how we want to play in terms of our press and passing and moving the ball. It’s been a valuable week in terms of getting everyone together and doing that style of training.”

The Hoops midfielder said the intense sessions in the heat have helped sharpen up the squad both physically and mentally, preparing them for the remainder of the season.

“It’s been tough. The last few seasons we’ve used it really well in terms of getting away for some good training time in the heat. The weather’s been nice and it’s been an intense week.

“The boys have been great. The standard’s been really intense. The coaches have asked for that in terms of really putting the work in and getting that fitness level for the second half of the season up.

“Everyone’s coped well and looked good. It’s nice to get everyone together for a change because there are some boys who’ve missed pre-season, so this gives them a chance to train fully with the group and let everyone see where we’re at.

“There’s a big challenge ahead in the second half of the season. We’ve trained well this week and they boys look hungry so it’ll stand us in good stead for the second half of the season.”

I'll take what he says before your hearing they did a session with no running drills 👍

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'll take what he says before your hearing they did a session with no running drills 👍

Take what you want mate, it was sky sports reporting from both camps the differences between the two.

Also, what you've quoted doesn't mention anything about them doing any running drills. Sky specifically reported celtic were not doing running drill sessions like we were. 

5 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Take what you want mate, it was sky sports reporting from both camps the differences between the two.

Also, what you've quoted doesn't mention anything about them doing any running drills. Sky specifically reported celtic were not doing running drill sessions like we were. 

Mate I seriously doubt you would have football training without any runnng drills. They had two weeks off, plus a week in Dubai, which I hardly think is going to kill them.

I have first hand experience of the training track athletes put in and believe football training doesn't come close and they're like coiled springs, so  I doubt a football training stint in Dubai isn't going to kill any professional player, particularly at our level. If it does, then they'd need to be laying off the booze and the fags, but I doubt we have any of them.

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Exactly.

Another thread of ifs, whys and what fors on wtf is supposed to be wrong with us.

Just say wtf is wrong with us. One post will will do and we can all stop going round in circles.

Is it wrong what I posted? 

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Mate I seriously doubt you would have football training without any runnng drills. They had two weeks off, plus a week in Dubai, which I hardly think is going to kill them.

I have first hand experience of the training track athletes put in and believe football training doesn't come close and they're like coiled springs, so  I doubt a football training stint in Dubai isn't going to kill any professional player, particularly at our level. If it does, then they'd need to be laying off the booze and the fags, but I doubt we have any of them.

That's just what the guy on sky sports said. 

It is what it is. Something isn't right, given the steep drop off in form and the odd coincidence of multiple players with the same injury too.

Whether it has fuck all to do with our winter training or not, we'll probably never know. 

3 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

That's just what the guy on sky sports said. 

It is what it is. Something isn't right, given the steep drop off in form and the odd coincidence of multiple players with the same injury too.

Whether it has fuck all to do with our winter training or not, we'll probably never know. 

You're right, something isn't right and fuck knows what it is and yes, we'll probably never know. I'd like to think it's nothing more than a collective dip in form and we get back to winning ways on Wednesday.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

You're right, something isn't right and fuck knows what it is and yes, we'll probably never know. I'd like to think it's nothing more than a collective dip in form and we get back to winning ways on Wednesday.

I really, really hope that's the case. 

35 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

It mentions intense a couple of times. 

Maybe intended sunbathing.

24 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Nope. Sky sports said otherwise. Kinda like ish.

Not intense. Like a player is quoted as saying.

Nope. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Nope. Sky sports said otherwise. Kinda like ish.

Not intense. Like a player is quoted as saying.

Nope. 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'd agree.

But theres no way they didnt go there and put a shift in. All I'm saying.

But they didn't put in two "intense" shifts a day. 

Archived