My Wife's Reaction To Pictures of Ibrox and Parkhead

My wife is a Canadian, like me. But she has no Scottish blood at all. Came from a French-Canadian family. Doesn't follow football.

I showed her the pics in this thread:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=210325

Here's her reaction:

Wow. The Celtics club looks more like a prison!! Who'd actually WANT to hang out there?

My wife is a Canadian, like me. But she has no Scottish blood at all. Came from a French-Canadian family. Doesn't follow football.

Here's her reaction:

Wow. The Celtics club looks more like a prison!! Who'd actually WANT to hang out there?

:lol: your wife got it bang on...

Here's her reaction:

It makes them feel at home.

Here's her reaction:

:BELM:

Here's her reaction:

They aren't called celltic for nothing :craphead:

I think your photos are a bit biased as Govan is a shithole like Parkhead is and there are terrible views of ibrox stadium depending where you stand outside the ground.

I think a lot of you are obsessed with septic and all to do with them.

This is one thing about (and i use this lightly) the majority of gers fans which makes us look bad in the press and from outside perspectives.

We need to concentrate on our own club instead of theirs.

I think your photos are a bit biased as Govan is a shithole like Parkhead is and there are terrible views of ibrox stadium depending where you stand outside the ground.

This is one thing about (and i use this lightly) the majority of gers fans which makes us look bad in the press and from outside perspectives.

I'd lighten up a bit mate, it is just a bit of fun after all, that is what rivalry is all about, or are you hugh keevins in disguise, he does not agree with rivalry!

Here's her reaction:

Naw...looks like a shitehoose in a an auld communist prison fae years ago :pipegreen:

Laughed at the pics but one of the comments below is accurate 100% about something falling off and nearly getting the game called off. The story is fact as i was involved in the panic of trying to get it fixed.

The construction company who are well known and named after our other national drink had a major problem when some cladding that was fixed by the wrong method, saving costs or bad workmanship i dont know, came away from the top of the stand. I worked for a well known plant hire company in Glasgow at the time who supplied cherry pickers and had been chasing work with the contractor at the time.

And the phone call went something like this.

Hey Stevie its Gordon from ----- we have an emergency and need the biggest cherry picker we can get to Parkhead the roof is falling off can you get it there asap, as he laughed, he explained if it wasnt fixed the game coming up would have to be cancelled. Now i was visiting the rellies in Rothesay at the time and thought can i help or not, the rest is open for discussion.

And another occasion comes to the surface, whilst working for another company in the same line of business i was asked to look at a job inside the ground to do with the telly gantry, i had a look at the problem which had arisen and was shocked at what i saw. If it is still the same i wouldnt be surprised but here we go, standing in front of the main stand to the right hand side of the tunnel at the foremost right hand corner nearest the pitch the roof was jammed up by a piece of four by two between the steel pirlings, quality. The main problem was that the gantry frame was made of box section and was fitted to tubular section with minimal contact and did not pass the building licence requirements. To get into the box you have to climb onto the roof of the stand climb down into a walking gantry and then into the box itself. I was amazed at what i saw the power points were not fixed properly and there were dangerous wires lying about everwhere, the steel sections were not welded to any great standard. Again there was a crucial champions league game coming up and they were under pressure to get it done or no game. I measured it up and explained that they had to take a certain size truck in to do the job but would need to encroach on the corner of the pitch, the groundsman said no way i said no game see you later. My client shit himself as i walked away saying that they had ten minutes to resolve the problem as i was commiting the only truck in Scotland that could do the job to Ibrox for maintenance, not major repair. FCUK did i have a smile on my face when i walked away, best ten minutes i had in some time. Other than the time with the blonde from penilee but that for another time. Greetings from Adelaide Australia bears. :rolleyes:

Remove the exterior pictures of each and the result is still the same. Ibrox is beautiful. Celtic Park is a shit hole.

What a strange post. My nose is twitching