The media

MacBoyd

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Dude said:

Fucking wild, man

That link you sent earlier which you stated were articles you wrote in Rangers only had this carton willis name nxt to then so I assumed it was you. I apologise for getting that wrong. I owe you that 

Just now, pollok-bear said:

That link you sent earlier which you stated were articles you wrote in Rangers only had this carton willis name nxt to then so I assumed it was you. I apologise for getting that wrong. I owe you that 

Because I'm currently furloughed. There are several of us work full-time on the site. 

Just now, MacBoyd said:

Nae wonder 

Indeed. I volunteered to be furloughed to allow others to remain working if they'd prefer and minimise what the company have to pay out. I've also offered to take a substantial pay cut until this is all over. How terrible of me. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

So you want the status quo to continue?

I made the leap into journalism so I could write about football. 

With 26m page views over the last 14 months or so, I think my platform is working out just fine for me and the fan base. If people didn't like it, they wouldn't read in the numbers they do. 

What article in your platform would most define you?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Indeed. I volunteered to be furloughed to allow others to remain working if they'd prefer and minimise what the company have to pay out. I've also offered to take a substantial pay cut until this is all over. How terrible of me. 

I'm sure they will all miss you mate.

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Ive not written any opinion stuff challenging the view because all the information I have from people more qualified than myself is that the SPFL's position was one they could get through. It would also be hypocritical of me to write something I simply don't believe or particularly agree with. I think null and voiding the season would do far more damage than ending it now so I'm not going to champion null and void in articles. 

I'm not just going to write stuff to pander to people. 

I've probably written some news stories on it - but it's certainly not something I've looked to counter as it's simply something I don't agree with. 

So journalists never write provocative articles to stimulate debate?

There's no angles to any part of it all that appears hypocritical or simply wrong? Nothing Rangers argue could be defended and expanded?

Cunts moaning on forums have literally had as many pro Rangers articles re this whole shambles as the journalist who talks down to us all. Zero.

"it's certainly not something I've looked to counter as it's simply something I don't agree with"  - the Dude, April, 2020.

And you have the cheek to talk about apathy ffs.

3 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

😂 

I like that you have never clicked on any of his past links to not know his real media handle(not sure of its his actual name to be honest and don't really care either way). Used to think he was okay and felt bad for his previous issues...not really interested in anything he doesn't have to say. His excuses are consistently the same as always. 

He's a wet wipe and a bore. Still...people try to reason or argue the fudge with him - pointless effort by the way. I reiterate, he's a wet wipe. 

I keep looking through several posts and time and time again the forum member called the Dude keeps on appearing on multiple posts and by the looks of it pisses several  people off in the process.  Now, I come on to this platform to get news and opinions on all things Rangers and to read the different opinions from Bears. Can I ask you a question Dude, you state that you are a professional journalist and it appears to me that you like to correct people on their ill thought out comments.  Why would a sports journalist spend so much time on a Rangers fan  forum, especially in such a divided city?

I just don’t get this, surely you must have more appropriate direct contacts and sources for gathering your info from within the  corridors of the Scottish football world?  Would that not be a better use of your time instead of getting caught up in sometimes controversial forum posts on subjects that are quite sensitive for many fans regarding our club.  A journalist should not be wasting time on forums and I would expect them to be professional and stay away from these platforms.  Leave the forum for real Rangers fans to discuss all issues affecting our club and for us to have banter with each other without worrying about smart arse people who seem to be trolling fans.

I grew up knowing several sports journalist personally and all I can say is, they should never sign up to clubs forums as they are not representing themselves properly, they should also have no favourite club as once you sign up as a journalist you have to be  impartial. How can you be trusted to be fair and balanced if you start prancing about club forums with opinions. Leave the opinions to normal Bears and let the club provide us with any info.  Sadly football journalism in Scotland has been dreadful for several years now and I personally think people claiming to be journalist on club forums does their already tarnished reputation no good whatsoever. 

I have nothing against you as a person as I don’t know you. I have been on this forum for several years but do not post often, I prefer to enjoy reading other Bears comments and some of the banter is brilliant. It does upset me though when people talk fellow Bears down  and treat them like idiots. Our loyal fan base has been through a lot for many years and we now have testing times ahead,not only as Rangers fans but as human beings dealing with an unknown health crisis.

Let Rangers fans get on with debating current issues affecting our club on forums like RM.  Others really should be having their discussions elsewhere.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So journalists never write provocative articles to stimulate debate?

There's no angles to any part of it all that appears hypocritical or simply wrong? Nothing Rangers argue could be defended and expanded?

Cunts moaning on forums have literally had as many pro Rangers articles re this whole shambles as the journalist who talks down to us all. Zero.

"it's certainly not something I've looked to counter as it's simply something I don't agree with"  - the Dude, April, 2020.

And you have the cheek to talk about apathy ffs.

Some do, some don't. I'm not going to write something just to pander to folk. 

Before I'd been furloughed all Rangers had said was they would look at taking action if the SPFL pushed ahead. 

There was little they had said to expand on. They'll threatened action. We covered that. Until there was something else from Rangers there wasn't a huge amount to add to it. 

Again, I'm not going to write an article arguing in favour of a position I disagree with just to curry some favour with folk. 

You're right I moan about folks apathy. I'm not bleating that they've taken over the whole world while I sit with my finger up my arse doing nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Almacger said:

I keep looking through several posts and time and time again the forum member called the Dude keeps on appearing on multiple posts and by the looks of it pisses several  people off in the process.  Now, I come on to this platform to get news and opinions on all things Rangers and to read the different opinions from Bears. Can I ask you a question Dude, you state that you are a professional journalist and it appears to me that you like to correct people on their ill thought out comments.  Why would a sports journalist spend so much time on a Rangers fan  forum, especially in such a divided city?

I just don’t get this, surely you must have more appropriate direct contacts and sources for gathering your info from within the  corridors of the Scottish football world?  Would that not be a better use of your time instead of getting caught up in sometimes controversial forum posts on subjects that are quite sensitive for many fans regarding our club.  A journalist should not be wasting time on forums and I would expect them to be professional and stay away from these platforms.  Leave the forum for real Rangers fans to discuss all issues affecting our club and for us to have banter with each other without worrying about smart arse people who seem to be trolling fans.

I grew up knowing several sports journalist personally and all I can say is, they should never sign up to clubs forums as they are not representing themselves properly, they should also have no favourite club as once you sign up as a journalist you have to be  impartial. How can you be trusted to be fair and balanced if you start prancing about club forums with opinions. Leave the opinions to normal Bears and let the club provide us with any info.  Sadly football journalism in Scotland has been dreadful for several years now and I personally think people claiming to be journalist on club forums does their already tarnished reputation no good whatsoever. 

I have nothing against you as a person as I don’t know you. I have been on this forum for several years but do not post often, I prefer to enjoy reading other Bears comments and some of the banter is brilliant. It does upset me though when people talk fellow Bears down  and treat them like idiots. Our loyal fan base has been through a lot for many years and we now have testing times ahead,not only as Rangers fans but as human beings dealing with an unknown health crisis.

Let Rangers fans get on with debating current issues affecting our club on forums like RM.  Others really should be having their discussions elsewhere.

I was posting on here before I was a journalist. Why would I stop posting because I changed job several years after I started posting on here? 

'Real Rangers fans' eh? I'l was going to Ibrox for some 20+ years before I was a journalist and given my primary role is writing on a Rangers News site, I'd quickly be found out if I wasn't a 'real Rangers fan'. There'd also be plenty of folk more than happy to out me if I wasn't. Yet here we are eight years on and still nobody has. 

People can judge my stuff on what I write. I can quite easily write something objectively in my professional life and believe it or not, we also have opinions. 

You've maybe not noticed but there are quite a few restrictions on people's movements etc and like many others, I'm currently sat at home furloughed. 

Lol at you thinking journalists don't use these places. They just aren't open about it. I can say with absolute certainty there are other journos on here who won't admit to it. 

Archived