The media

MacBoyd

12 minutes ago, Almacger said:

I keep looking through several posts and time and time again the forum member called the Dude keeps on appearing on multiple posts and by the looks of it pisses several  people off in the process.  Now, I come on to this platform to get news and opinions on all things Rangers and to read the different opinions from Bears. Can I ask you a question Dude, you state that you are a professional journalist and it appears to me that you like to correct people on their ill thought out comments.  Why would a sports journalist spend so much time on a Rangers fan  forum, especially in such a divided city?

I just don’t get this, surely you must have more appropriate direct contacts and sources for gathering your info from within the  corridors of the Scottish football world?  Would that not be a better use of your time instead of getting caught up in sometimes controversial forum posts on subjects that are quite sensitive for many fans regarding our club.  A journalist should not be wasting time on forums and I would expect them to be professional and stay away from these platforms.  Leave the forum for real Rangers fans to discuss all issues affecting our club and for us to have banter with each other without worrying about smart arse people who seem to be trolling fans.

I grew up knowing several sports journalist personally and all I can say is, they should never sign up to clubs forums as they are not representing themselves properly, they should also have no favourite club as once you sign up as a journalist you have to be  impartial. How can you be trusted to be fair and balanced if you start prancing about club forums with opinions. Leave the opinions to normal Bears and let the club provide us with any info.  Sadly football journalism in Scotland has been dreadful for several years now and I personally think people claiming to be journalist on club forums does their already tarnished reputation no good whatsoever. 

I have nothing against you as a person as I don’t know you. I have been on this forum for several years but do not post often, I prefer to enjoy reading other Bears comments and some of the banter is brilliant. It does upset me though when people talk fellow Bears down  and treat them like idiots. Our loyal fan base has been through a lot for many years and we now have testing times ahead,not only as Rangers fans but as human beings dealing with an unknown health crisis.

Let Rangers fans get on with debating current issues affecting our club on forums like RM.  Others really should be having their discussions elsewhere.

The easy answer is...he's the dis-honorary troll of the forum.

Bears have asked this question for years to no avail. He's the bad smell that lingers unfortunately.  

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Some do, some don't. I'm not going to write something just to pander to folk. 

Before I'd been furloughed all Rangers had said was they would look at taking action if the SPFL pushed ahead. 

There was little they had said to expand on. They'll threatened action. We covered that. Until there was something else from Rangers there wasn't a huge amount to add to it. 

Again, I'm not going to write an article arguing in favour of a position I disagree with just to curry some favour with folk. 

You're right I moan about folks apathy. I'm not bleating that they've taken over the whole world while I sit with my finger up my arse doing nothing. 

Pander to folk? Millions of pro taig articles coming from every direction but you wont lower yourself to do the same to promote a Rangers pov? 

Pretty sure they spoke about 38 games and integrity..https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18309299.Rangers-md-stewart-robertson-wants-38-game-premiership-season-honoured/&ved=2ahUKEwicqr_L9NnoAhUhaRUIHTa0AKcQFjAGegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw2r3lfAh3YW7h03jSYxMH3O

Rangers talk about 38 games, Lennon talks about points per game and theres nothing controversial, provocative, challenging you could write. And thanks for confirming you wrote as much as the apathetic folk you strive not to be.

Again, tarrier articles are wall to wall but the Rangers ST holding journo who talks down to us does the square root of fuck all to counter it. Bravo sir.

No you're sitting with your finger up your arse doing the same amount as folk sitting moaning about folk doing fuck all.  Is it worse to do fuck all and moan, or be in a position to do something but not do it and moan about those doing fuck all.......

Calling it a night. Need to work in the mornjng as I've not chosen to be a furloughed martyr allowing others to work full time whilst I sit at home.

2 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

The easy answer is...he's the dis-honorary troll of the forum.

Bears have asked this question for years to no avail. He's the bad smell that lingers unfortunately.  

I would say put me on ignore but we all know that seems to be beyond those who piss and whine about me for some reason. 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Pander to folk? Millions of pro taig articles coming from every direction but you wont lower yourself to do the same to promote a Rangers pov? 

Pretty sure they spoke about 38 games and integrity..https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18309299.Rangers-md-stewart-robertson-wants-38-game-premiership-season-honoured/&ved=2ahUKEwicqr_L9NnoAhUhaRUIHTa0AKcQFjAGegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw2r3lfAh3YW7h03jSYxMH3O

Rangers talk about 38 games, Kennon talks about points per game and theres nothing controversial, provocative, challenging you could write. And thanks for confirming you wrote ss much as tgecaostgetic folk you strive not to be.

Again, tarrier articles are wall to wall but the Rangers ST holding journo who talks down to us does the square root of fuck all to counter it. Bravo sir.

No you're sitting with your finger up your arse doing the same amount as folk sitting moaning about folk doing fuck all.  Is it worse to do fuck all and moan, or be in a position to do something but not do it and moan about those doing fuck all.......

Calling it a night. Need to work in the mornjng as I've not chosen to be a furloughed martyr allowing others to work full time whilst I sit at home.

'furloughed martyr' 😂 maybe I shouldve just taken a deferral and you could've called me a hero. 

Who gives a fuck about 'tarrier articles'? They've spent eight years writing about how we died. I couldn't care what moon howling pish they write.

Do fuck all if you please, but next time you moan the 'tarriers' are running the show, remember you done fuck all to stop them. 

25 minutes ago, Almacger said:

I keep looking through several posts and time and time again the forum member called the Dude keeps on appearing on multiple posts and by the looks of it pisses several  people off in the process.  Now, I come on to this platform to get news and opinions on all things Rangers and to read the different opinions from Bears. Can I ask you a question Dude, you state that you are a professional journalist and it appears to me that you like to correct people on their ill thought out comments.  Why would a sports journalist spend so much time on a Rangers fan  forum, especially in such a divided city?

I just don’t get this, surely you must have more appropriate direct contacts and sources for gathering your info from within the  corridors of the Scottish football world?  Would that not be a better use of your time instead of getting caught up in sometimes controversial forum posts on subjects that are quite sensitive for many fans regarding our club.  A journalist should not be wasting time on forums and I would expect them to be professional and stay away from these platforms.  Leave the forum for real Rangers fans to discuss all issues affecting our club and for us to have banter with each other without worrying about smart arse people who seem to be trolling fans.

I grew up knowing several sports journalist personally and all I can say is, they should never sign up to clubs forums as they are not representing themselves properly, they should also have no favourite club as once you sign up as a journalist you have to be  impartial. How can you be trusted to be fair and balanced if you start prancing about club forums with opinions. Leave the opinions to normal Bears and let the club provide us with any info.  Sadly football journalism in Scotland has been dreadful for several years now and I personally think people claiming to be journalist on club forums does their already tarnished reputation no good whatsoever. 

I have nothing against you as a person as I don’t know you. I have been on this forum for several years but do not post often, I prefer to enjoy reading other Bears comments and some of the banter is brilliant. It does upset me though when people talk fellow Bears down  and treat them like idiots. Our loyal fan base has been through a lot for many years and we now have testing times ahead,not only as Rangers fans but as human beings dealing with an unknown health crisis.

Let Rangers fans get on with debating current issues affecting our club on forums like RM.  Others really should be having their discussions elsewhere.

Real journalism is gone, now they let any cunt in.

https://www.nuj.org.uk/about/

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

'furloughed martyr' 😂 maybe I shouldve just taken a deferral and you could've called me a hero. 

Who gives a fuck about 'tarrier articles'? They've spent eight years writing about how we died. I couldn't care what moon howling pish they write.

Do fuck all if you please, but next time you moan the 'tarriers' are running the show, remember you done fuck all to stop them. 

You didnt get offered a deferral. You volunteered to stay at home and let others work. Uppa volunteer Dude. 

They've spent the last 8 years winning on and off the field. Theyve spent nearly a month now writing the narrative that culminated in the spfl vote. And they're the moon howlers? 

When the tarriers get a tainted 9iar, whilst running the show, and I moan that no cunt with a platform to speak out about it ever does,..... know that I include you in that 👍Remember that a journalist once said  "do something about it the rather than sitting on your arse complaining on the internet"  and yet did not a thing about it himself. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You didnt get offered a deferral. You volunteered to stay at home and let others work. Uppa volunteer Dude. 

They've spent the last 8 years winning on and off the field. Theyve spent nearly a month now writing the narrative that culminated in the spfl vote. And they're the moon howlers? 

When the tarriers get a tainted 9iar, whilst running the show, and I moan that no cunt with a platform to speak out about it ever does,..... know that I include you in that 👍Remember that a journalist once said  "do something about it the rather than sitting on your arse complaining on the internet"  and yet did not a thing about it himself. 

I did, because if I didn't the company was going to randomly choose folk to furlough and some of my colleagues expressed some real concern about it. I've got other shit to fill my time so am less worried about the impact of a. Month or two furloughed. 

Yes mate, celtic fans are moon howlers. Particularly many of their bloggers who you seem so concerned by. Phil, John James, James Forrest. All fucking moon howlers. If they want to write about winning then title then good for them. It makes no difference to me or my life. 

Embarrassed at you defending them on here. Isn't that the sort of shit etc etc. 

Good. I'm. Glad you'll think of me when you say it, I'll be right here asking what the fuck did you do? 

8 minutes ago, Quiet Jim said:

Nothing of quality stands out then.

Lots do. I wouldn't say any 'define' me however. 

If you're really want to look, I'd suggest any of my stuff covering the youths games, making the case for Colts in the league, obit for Bobby Brown and many, many others. 

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

I did, because if I didn't the company was going to randomly choose folk to furlough and some of my colleagues expressed some real concern about it. I've got other shit to fill my time so am less worried about the impact of a. Month or two furloughed. 

Yes mate, celtic fans are moon howlers. Particularly many of their bloggers who you seem so concerned by. Phil, John James, James Forrest. All fucking moon howlers. If they want to write about winning then title then good for them. It makes no difference to me or my life. 

Embarrassed at you defending them on here. Isn't that the sort of shit etc etc. 

Good. I'm. Glad you'll think of me when you say it, I'll be right here asking what the fuck did you do? 

More a trooper than a martyr then.

Are those moon howlers journalists too? Really? If that's who you consider their equivalent to you that explains a lot. I'd hope youd consider trying to get articles mainstream to counter all those in the MSM that seem pro taig perspective. Oh well.

Need to go back to the investigative part of your journalism course if you determine I'm defending them.

Then we both acknowledge we'll have done fuck all. You the journo and me a bloke that posts on a forum. How embarrassing that should be for you. That it isnt will come as no surprise to many.

I think the issue here is that journalism and the notion of it has changed over the years.

I have a fairly romanticized notion of what journalism should be compared to the reality. I believe that a real journalist should be above reproach. They should choose that line of work because they want to make a real difference, not just as a 'job'. They are in a unique position to go out and investigate in a way that normal how public and at times even the police can not. 

When I think of journalism i think of Woodward and Bernstein, guys who didn't want to just write gossip columns and local interest stories. To me, those types have gone and all we have are touts and gossip mongers, with every newspaper getting more and more sensationalist. It's lazy and I believe the number of journalists without formal training has increased and that is wrong. I believe in giving people opportunities but there are too many bloggers who have a position of influence in the national press for my liking. There used to be a kind of moral code with these guys and a mutual respect there but when you have the likes of the hag and ill Phil getting space, what hope is there for balance and impartiality when our own minded journalists are apathetic. 

I do hope we reach saturation point with the blogger types and properly trained journalists can be brought back out to the fore, ones coached with integrity and a bit of moral fibre. 

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

I was posting on here before I was a journalist. Why would I stop posting because I changed job several years after I started posting on here?  - because it is not appropriate due to your line of work.  I does not sit well with me that journalists get involved in forum debates, dangerous ground.

'Real Rangers fans' eh? I'l was going to Ibrox for some 20+ years before I was a journalist and given my primary role is writing on a Rangers News site, I'd quickly be found out if I wasn't a 'real Rangers fan'. There'd also be plenty of folk more than happy to out me if I wasn't. Yet here we are eight years on and still nobody has.  - delighted to hear that you had been going to Ibrox for years and that you also worked for the Rangers News site.  I’m not trying to out you as one of them by the way, I just don’t see your comments and input being helpful to fellow fans on a Rangers Forum at this time, especially as you have done several articles for outlets that are no friends of Rangers so how can there be trust. 

People can judge my stuff on what I write. I can quite easily write something objectively in my professional life and believe it or not, we also have opinions.  - absolutely agree with this and everyone is allowed to have an opinion. Stick to writing your articles but please don’t promote them from within a Rangers forum and wind up people who disagree with you. It does come across a little bit naive and attention seeking.

You've maybe not noticed but there are quite a few restrictions on people's movements etc and like many others, I'm currently sat at home furloughed.  - now you have let yourself down a little bit with this comment and wee bit insulting.  I am fully aware of the situation across the planet just now and totally aware of why the restrictions are in place.  So much so that I am now working from home this week and my wife was furloughed last week along with millions of other folks. Actually, since the beginning of March me,  my wife and two kids displayed COVID symptoms and three ago I thought I was up shit creek with the shortness of breath and chest problems worsening over a 4 day period. Thankfully all on the mend now and symptoms subsiding but still have issues with coughing, fatigue and lack of taste or smell. I consider myself and m6 family as lucky as many others are in a much worse situation than us.  This whole health crisis has brought things into sharp focus for me and my family so I know exactly why the restrictions are in place and we appreciate that health comes before anything. Be happy that you still have your health, yes, being furloughed is tough but it is not a dire situation compared to what many people are going through right now.

Lol at you thinking journalists don't use these places. They just aren't open about it. I can say with absolute certainty there are other journos on here who won't admit to it.  - then the ones who don’t admit it must be the clever ones, why would you, that is just stupid. Anyway, stay safe - more important things than football right now, that is my message to you and everyone else.

6 minutes ago, Almacger said:

Why wouldn't it be 'appropriate' to my kine of work? It's a football forum. I write about football - and more specifically its a Rangers forum and I write about Rangers.

I did indeed write for the Record and tbh, if people don't like that (or them) that's entirely for them to decide. It's not going to stop me from pursuing a career or using certain websites. There might be no trust from fans, but it certainly didn't stop Rangers fans reading my stuff in it. 

So being well aware of the circumstances, it's not much of a leap that given the restrictions on people's movements, and me being furloughed, I have some spare time on my hands. Shock horror that someone who spends much of their professional and personal life in normal corcumatances talking and writing about Rangers might continue doing that just now. 

I had little choice but to 'admit' it. Posters on here knew my real name long before I was writing as a job so there's not really any scope for me NOT to. Unless I'm supposed to just lie and insist that the James Black that posters on here knew absolutely wasn't the same James Black who was using my Twitter account and writing for the Record etc. 

Hope you and yours stay safe too - although while for most there are far more important things than football, when your personal and professional life utterly revolve around football, there aren't too many things that are more important. 

Archived