When will Jim Denny get the respect he deserves?

The Widow's Son

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/09/2020 at 00:10, The Widow's Son said:

Fairytale Scottish Cup debut in a replayed final.  He tried very hard for us but didn't make too many appearances.  An old friend from long ago once commented that "Even the bad wans will wear the royal blue more often than we ever will".  I don't think that Denny was that bad.  Tin hat on.  Ducking down in the trench.

Hi Jims Mum! 

12 hours ago, tannerall said:

So which player more deserving of respect  was better than Law in that period ?

Absolutely none of them deserve my respect.   Pumped off hearts to the league finished below hibs aswell,  pumped off Motherwell over two legs, pumped out every cup including the diddy one after being 2-0 up against alloa and still getting beat and also including being beaten at home by Raith rovers in the Scottish cup. Absolutely no respect for anyone during that shambles.

On 14/09/2020 at 00:10, The Widow's Son said:

Fairytale Scottish Cup debut in a replayed final.  He tried very hard for us but didn't make too many appearances.  An old friend from long ago once commented that "Even the bad wans will wear the royal blue more often than we ever will".  I don't think that Denny was that bad.  Tin hat on.  Ducking down in the trench.

Do you cut about listening for people disrespecting him on a daily basis like? Are you expecting him to be in the hall of fame with 37 league appearances (66 in total) and zero goals in 7 years?

3 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Do you cut about listening for people disrespecting him on a daily basis like? Are you expecting him to be in the hall of fame with 37 league appearances (66 in total) and zero goals in 7 years?

To be fair you are spot on what did JD really do to deserve this.

13 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

No, I don't "cut about" doing anything - I'm an old codger who doesn't move that fast.  My dear old dad once told me never, ever criticise a 'Ger because "it's yer family" and I've tried to live this landmark.  Have not always followed the prescribed course but I still refrain for the most part.  In the "hall of fame"?  I think not but he did pull on the shirt more times than you and I and everyone on this list will ever do.  

11 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

No, I don't "cut about" doing anything - I'm an old codger who doesn't move that fast.  My dear old dad once told me never, ever criticise a 'Ger because "it's yer family" and I've tried to live this landmark.  Have not always followed the prescribed course but I still refrain for the most part.  In the "hall of fame"?  I think not but he did pull on the shirt more times than you and I and everyone on this list will ever do.  

Make your mind up, I never offered any criticism at all. He is a nice guy and used to treat me as a physio,

You are the one starting threads saying he should get more respect - more respect from whom? What's the problem? There isn't a problem and you just made the whole thing up.

Archived