Rangers Women

Clemdog

4 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'd need to see it back as I was chatting to the guy next to me at the time when the initial ball was played.

I think what happened is someone played the free kick (didn't see if it was the defender or the keeper) but the other one may have thought they were just playing it back to them to then take it properly. Everyone was standing around confused and suddenly McCoy just took the ball, went round the keeper and passed it in :lol: 

Would need to see the second back too to judge whether their player played at the ball to keep Howat onside. I thought she did and that it was a goal under the rules, but must admit I hate that rule.

Seems quite a few folk missed the 4th goal for whatever reasons 😂 we can blame the distraction on it being absolutely baltic!! 

I thought at the time Howat's looked offside, certainly a fair few Motherwell players were complaining at the ref/linesman after it was given. We'll take it though. Looking like a tight top 3 already, albeit neither team has played one another yet 

9 hours ago, Madina said:

Seems quite a few folk missed the 4th goal for whatever reasons 😂 we can blame the distraction on it being absolutely baltic!! 

I thought at the time Howat's looked offside, certainly a fair few Motherwell players were complaining at the ref/linesman after it was given. We'll take it though. Looking like a tight top 3 already, albeit neither team has played one another yet 

Just seen it back now. Linesman flagged that McCoy was offside. Keeper came out of the box and threw the ball on the ground expecting a free kick. The ref never gave it.

Second goal was onside by a mile even without the touch of the Motherwell player.

1 hour ago, Madina said:

The game tonight is on Alba for anyone desperate enough to suffer through Gaelic commentary. Unsure if RTV are showing it on YouTube or not 

(1) SL Benfica (F) vs Rangers LFC - UEFA Champions League Women 2022 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 - YouTube

1 hour ago, Madina said:

The game tonight is on Alba for anyone desperate enough to suffer through Gaelic commentary. Unsure if RTV are showing it on YouTube or not 

Why do you have to be desperate to listen to Gaelic commentary? Turn the fucking volume down, a bhalaich.

No Danielsson, didnt think shed be involved as she was named on the bench on Sunday and was never out warming up and wasnt in the training videos from Benfica 

Thought Nolf merited a starting place after her performance on Sunday. Not liking the line up tbh

2 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Dunno how Benfica aren't in the lead! Keeper playing well tbf but getting a lot of breaks.

Aye it's a miracle its 0-0 

Benfica were probably the toughest (or 2nd toughest) team we could have got at this stage. Just our luck