Wanted to see Tav and Gerrard Lift that Trophy

RockwellGers

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I see last night as strengthening our resolve to take that title. A timely reminder not to be complacent and victories need to be earned. 

Even with last night's defeat, we remain a far different proposition from last season. We are well capable and Gerrard and Tav will be there lifting it at the end of the season I have no doubt.

I hope you are right mate, personally I will be waiting to see how Sat goes, we certainly should win at home, then onto Perth on Wed, that will be a huge game after last night and how they have been playing. 

We did not treat the game last night as we should have IMO, it was their Cup Final especially for all the tarriers who play for them. How we fucked up in the last few minutes after getting out of jail on 89 minutes is really bad, surely SG and his backroom guys and Tav & Goldson should have been demanding that things were kept simple and get to extra time and then regroup, our attempts to win cups is hellish.  

Roll on Sat we need to get back on track. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

With the benefit of hindsight we can say Barasic should have started 

Up until last night but bassey hasn't done anything wrong. I feel he's getting made a scapegoat when the whole side wasn't at it. 

Bassey had done very well for us in every game up until last night.  When that team sheet was announced last night nobody complained.  The overwhelming sentiment was that Rangers had put out a strong side.

People are using the benefit of hindsight to point at Bassey and say ‘if Barisic started we would’ve won’.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing and even with Barisic on the pitch last night we conceded the 3rd goal and lost the game.

2 hours ago, TMB said:

They do.  They're separate tournaments.  Are you telling me no team has ever won the league without winning the League Cup first?  We don't NEED to win the League Cup it would simply have been a bonus.  what we NEED to win is the League title and become Champions of Scotland again.

Yes, they are separate tournaments and, no, you don’t need to win one to win the other. However, no one can seriously deny the boost we would have got by winning our first trophy in years - the same boost we got in 86-87 when we won our first title in years.

But if you want to pretend that winning a trophy won’t give us a boost, and won’t increase the players’ and management’s confidence, go for it.

Archived