Battered into submission

hammer93

When we failed to get 10iar it was a crushing blow at the time...no one really saw it coming.....by November we were so far in front we could almost taste it.....in April we were the underdogs but we still somehow crawled off the canvas to take it to the last day....yes we were an ageing team and they deserved their shot at trying to get 10 over the line !

By February we  knew Walter was moving on and within  2 month we knew the wee general was taking over......

In contrast to this season when the vermin meekly surrendered on the 17th of October....their bid for 10 died that day.....they are still scrambling as to when or who they appoint as manager let alone rebuild a fractured squad 

The reason we stormed back in 98/99 was due to forward planning.....something the papes seem to be void of....I will be astonished if in a years time we aren't celebrating back to back titles

32 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I will be astonished if in a years time we aren't celebrating back to back titles

Fingers crossed man. Now its all about the next one. For me it’s the Scottish Cup - we absolutely must go all out for it - I want it in the bag.

Slightly annoying that at this point could have had the title wrapped up, the league cup already in the bag and in the hunt for the Scottish.

Just need to settle for the double & I hope the players know that 🏆🏆

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

When we failed to get 10iar it was a crushing blow at the time...no one really saw it coming.....by November we were so far in front we could almost taste it.....in April we were the underdogs but we still somehow crawled off the canvas to take it to the last day....yes we were an ageing team and they deserved their shot at trying to get 10 over the line !

By February we  knew Walter was moving on and within  2 month we knew the wee general was taking over......

In contrast to this season when the vermin meekly surrendered on the 17th of October....their bid for 10 died that day.....they are still scrambling as to when or who they appoint as manager let alone rebuild a fractured squad 

The reason we stormed back in 98/99 was due to forward planning.....something the papes seem to be void of....I will be astonished if in a years time we aren't celebrating back to back titles

Key point is an ageing team. Them and Killie are being found out this season by teams that go for youth, speed and organisation. Both teams are full of players that are well past it

We have the benefit of youth, speed, organisation but also a massive desire and closeness in the team that Stevie has provided, I've never wanted to speak ill of Gerrard when it didn't work out, i loved him as a player through his years. Just happy i kept quiet tbh

With the late finish in the Scottish cup then the euros they will only have a very short time to get a new manager in, get players in and get them working together before cl qualifying starts. That would be a massive task for any club/manager. We’ve already added 3 players for next season and everyone looks settled. Hopefully once the titles officially done mcgregor, balogun and Davis sign for another season too. If we hit the ground running again what a massive advantage it’ll be starting the season with continuity compared with what might be a thrown together manager and squad at bheast fc.

5 hours ago, KingKirk said:

If the players want it enough we'll dominate for years. 

If the directors and management want it enough! We got complacent during our bid for 10 - they did as well - this time the club must remain vigilant financially and on the park and that drive comes from the top. But I agree this could be the start of a period of good times 

5 hours ago, JM1872 said:

Fingers crossed man. Now its all about the next one. For me it’s the Scottish Cup - we absolutely must go all out for it - I want it in the bag.

Slightly annoying that at this point could have had the title wrapped up, the league cup already in the bag and in the hunt for the Scottish.

Just need to settle for the double & I hope the players know that 🏆🏆

Double? I quite fancy a League, Scottish Cup and Europa League treble.

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

If the directors and management want it enough! We got complacent during our bid for 10 - they did as well - this time the club must remain vigilant financially and on the park and that drive comes from the top. But I agree this could be the start of a period of good times 

I don't agree that we got complacent.....from memory we signed Amorouso, Porrini, Negri & Stensass......they four alone were roughly £15 million....in truth Stensass was the only one I wasn't sure about.....we were unfortunate that big Amo spent the majority of the season on the treatment table aswell as the Negri incident....in truth we should have won 10 at a canter as the foundations were in place....it still wrankles with me that we lost 2 of our last 3 games

Archived