Union Bears statement

Siam69

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Genuine question, how is it a negative to the UB or Rangers?

For one thing there's a bunch of Bears arguing over it now

Personally I think the polis are fucking arseholes for the most part, I just think the UBs did themselves no favours by making the post.

If they want to shout ACAB then that's fine, its clearly a very divisive issue in the current political climate, if they want to be divisive that's up to them are they aren't appointed by the club and while I said that they sometimes appear as representatives of the fanbase it only appears to be that way.

They can say what they like, but they also have to deal with the fallout from what they say.

I don't think its right for the polis to be going to their door 7 times, in fact I don't think the polis should be going to anyone's house over covid restrictions but that's another argument 

The UBs could have tried to work with the club to address this issue, they could have raised some awareness about it and got fan support and made a complaint against the police. Instead they chose to post some cringe graffiti that's not even particularly well done. And now fans are arguing over it. Which is the UBs problem and if they want to stand behind it that's totally up to them. 

But they've basically given the Club every excuse to not comply with them now, the next time they feel they're being mistreated by the Club or don't get their section extended or don't get in to put their displays up then they don't really have a leg to stand on if they complain about it.

My issue isn't cause I have love for the police I just think its brings nothing but negative attention

What positive outcome will there be from their ACAB post?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Willis said:

For one thing there's a bunch of Bears arguing over it now

Personally I think the polis are fucking arseholes for the most part, I just think the UBs did themselves no favours by making the post.

If they want to shout ACAB then that's fine, its clearly a very divisive issue in the current political climate, if they want to be divisive that's up to them are they aren't appointed by the club and while I said that they sometimes appear as representatives of the fanbase it only appears to be that way.

They can say what they like, but they also have to deal with the fallout from what they say.

I don't think its right for the polis to be going to their door 7 times, in fact I don't think the polis should be going to anyone's house over covid restrictions but that's another argument 

The UBs could have tried to work with the club to address this issue, they could have raised some awareness about it and got fan support and made a complaint against the police. Instead they chose to post some cringe graffiti that's not even particularly well done. And now fans are arguing over it. Which is the UBs problem and if they want to stand behind it that's totally up to them. 

But they've basically given the Club every excuse to not comply with them now, the next time they feel they're being mistreated by the Club or don't get their section extended or don't get in to put their displays up then they don't really have a leg to stand on if they complain about it.

My issue isn't cause I have love for the police I just think its brings nothing but negative attention

I never said there was any positives, I just don’t see any negatives.

They had banners saying it 5 year ago, had many a banner against the police as well, just because some gimps have started to use it more and make it more prominent doesn’t mean they shouldn’t.

Fans ‘arguing’ on a forum or Twitter isn’t a negative, otherwise absolutely everything they do is a negative

39 minutes ago, Willis said:

For one thing there's a bunch of Bears arguing over it now.

Isn't that a good thing?
Would anyone have known of the police tactics used here if the UB did not make their statement?
1. harassment- disturbing the repose of a young family 7 times,
2. intimidation- threatening to inform their employer,
3. curtailment of liberty- issuing unlawful orders for them to attend the police station at the time of the game.
As to your point that the UB should have worked with the club to help their case - we know from Mr. Park's statement last week that the club had proactively worked with the SNP and Police Scotland prior to the fan gatherings at Ibrox and George Square and Swinney lied in his attack on Rangers about these gatherings - so where would the UB have been better off to work with the club and have their story lost in the political backlash that will follow the game?
As for ACAB, agree with them on this or not but free speech is not yet dead. 

Just now, 72barca said:

Isn't that a good thing?
Would anyone have known of the police tactics used here if the UB did not make their statement?
1. harassment- disturbing the repose of a young family 7 times,
2. intimidation- threatening to inform their employer,
3. curtailment of liberty- issuing unlawful orders for them to attend the police station at the time of the game.
As to your point that the UB should have worked with the club to help their case - we know from Mr. Park's statement last week that the club had proactively worked with the SNP and Police Scotland prior to the fan gatherings at Ibrox and George Square and Swinney lied in his attack on Rangers about these gatherings - so where would the UB have been better off to work with the club and have their story lost in the political backlash that will follow the game?
As for ACAB, agree with them on this or not but free speech is not yet dead. 

The UBs statement and the ACAB post are two different things mate.

I'm in complete agreement that the polis harassing them is out of order, however the UBs response to it was just daft imo, if they'd made the statement alone without the acab post then I would have no issue whatsoever 

The police issuing orders to attend the station at certain times is bullshit, I get that they can make convicts do it, not that I agree with it, but the fact they're asking people that AFAIK haven't been charged with anything is ridiculous

I'm not taking the cops side here i just think the UBs could have handled it better

23 minutes ago, Willis said:

I'm in complete agreement that the polis harassing them is out of order, however the UBs response to it was just daft imo, if they'd made the statement alone without the acab post then I would have no issue whatsoever 

The police issuing orders to attend the station at certain times is bullshit, I get that they can make convicts do it, not that I agree with it, but the fact they're asking people that AFAIK haven't been charged with anything is ridiculous

I'm not taking the cops side here i just think the UBs could have handled it better

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't see a post from the UB about ACAB. The first post I see is from CR3 on the first page and this is referencing art from the past, so I don't see why the UB are being sullied at this time for the ACAB business. 

8 minutes ago, 72barca said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't see a post from the UB about ACAB. The first post I see is from CR3 on the first page and this is referencing art from the past, so I don't see why the UB are being sullied at this time for the ACAB business. 

It was posted on their Facebook page the other night, don't know if its still up, but when I saw it most of the comments were against it saying it was daft so I wouldn't be surprised if they've taken it down

On 15/03/2021 at 06:35, eejay the dj said:

Absolutely spot on .Anyone taking  a walk from one end of our City centre to the other .The place is a hovel with dodgy foreign beggars  scouring our fucking streets .It is a worrying site and I’m not including the scum from barrowlands 

Sounds like we could be doing with our own reclaim the streets peaceful protest....

3 hours ago, Willis said:

Sounds like erosion of civil liberties and freedoms using covid. Always said that was what would come out of these police behaviours. The guys should refuse to attend any station and tell them they have zero respect for their authority.

Archived