Union Bears statement

Siam69

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just another attempt by the Union Bairns to look like the hardmen ultras they dream to be.

I'm not a big fan of the police, but the ACAB shit is just cringe, never mind the fact that there are plenty of polis who support Rangers.

The people they should be targeting are the SFA and the SNP, calling all polis bastards and making it them against us won't do the club or the UBs any favours.

Even if you support the message surely people should realize this is just giving out haters more ammunition.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Ah, so @Willis’ real problem is he’s not a fan of the UB. 

I actually quite like the UBs these days, disliked them for a good while a few years ago but have totally supported and backed them in recent years

I just think they're fucking daft doing this shit

7 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

It's like a trafick jam, when you're already late :lol:

😅

A no smooookimg sign on your cigarette break!

The song should have been called "a load of minor inconveniences" instead of Ironic 😅

At the end of the day the Union Bears seem to act or at least try to act as the representatives of the fanbase, they might claim thats not their intention but thats the way they act and are perceived by some

They try to get the club to accommodate them, they make requests to have their section increased and it gets denied 

Then they go and do shit like this and then wonder why the club doesn't back them? They're shooting themselves in the foot 

In my opinion they have every right to say whatever they want but they also have to fave criticism and they can't really claim that the Club or the police treat them unfairly when they draw attention to themselves like this when its totally unnecessary. Its just bloody daft and helps no one.

2 hours ago, Willis said:

😅

A no smooookimg sign on your cigarette break!

The song should have been called "a load of minor inconveniences" instead of Ironic 😅

Something ironic about naming a song ironic when nothing she suggests in the song is ironic 

5 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Something ironic about naming a song ironic when nothing she suggests in the song is ironic 

Nah mate, if the examples in the song had been the opposite of ironic then it would be ironic

I think

To be honest I've got as much of an idea of what Ironic means as wee Alanis does 

3 minutes ago, Willis said:

Nah mate, if the examples in the song had been the opposite of ironic then it would be ironic

I think

To be honest I've got as much of an idea of what Ironic means as wee Alanis does 

Think it’s open to interpretation but that’s for another thread and another day (hopefully not anytime soon)

44 minutes ago, Willis said:

At the end of the day the Union Bears seem to act or at least try to act as the representatives of the fanbase, they might claim thats not their intention but thats the way they act and are perceived by some

They try to get the club to accommodate them, they make requests to have their section increased and it gets denied 

Then they go and do shit like this and then wonder why the club doesn't back them? They're shooting themselves in the foot 

In my opinion they have every right to say whatever they want but they also have to fave criticism and they can't really claim that the Club or the police treat them unfairly when they draw attention to themselves like this when its totally unnecessary. Its just bloody daft and helps no one.

That’s far to sensible a post for this time in the morning

and @TamCoopz do you never sleep ?  😂 

26 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Think it’s open to interpretation but that’s for another thread and another day (hopefully not anytime soon)

I think a thread like that is just what the OT needs, I'm not starting it though,  as ironic as that may or may not be

1 hour ago, Willis said:

What does probable cause mean in the UK?
Probable Cause UK Definition 
Note: The definition of probable cause in the United Kingdom may differ to other countries. As a rule, having probable cause means police officers can make an arrest based on suspicion. They must believe the probability that a crime got committed and their suspect probably committed it.

harassment
[həˈrasmənt, ˈherəsmənt]
NOUN
aggressive pressure or intimidation.
"they face daily harassment by the police"

Harassment covers a wide range of behaviors of an offensive nature. It is commonly understood as behavior that demeans, humiliates or embarrasses a person, and it is characteristically identified by its unlikelihood in terms of social and moral reasonableness. In the legal sense, these are behaviors that appear to be disturbing, upsetting or threatening. They evolve from discriminatory grounds, and have an effect of nullifying a person's rights or impairing a person from benefiting from their rights. When these behaviors become repetitive, it is defined as bullying. The continuity or repetitiveness and the aspect of distressing, alarming or threatening may distinguish it from insult.

What do you mean unnecessary? Don't you think that these guys have the right to shine a light on shoddy police tactics to protect their rights in law? 
The police are duty bound to follow the laws of the land. Where do they get the authority to harass a person with no probable cause - a crime has to have been committed for them to have suspicions? Their actions smack of harassment -seven times in 48 hrs-, intimidation -threatening to inform the employer-, and issuing unlawful orders -report to the police station.
In fact, it just smacks of them doing the will of their political masters - the SNP.

Having said that, I don't think anyone of a Rangers leaning should voluntarily visit the midden or its grounds on Sunday.

54 minutes ago, 72barca said:

What does probable cause mean in the UK?
Probable Cause UK Definition 
Note: The definition of probable cause in the United Kingdom may differ to other countries. As a rule, having probable cause means police officers can make an arrest based on suspicion. They must believe the probability that a crime got committed and their suspect probably committed it.

harassment
[həˈrasmənt, ˈherəsmənt]
NOUN
aggressive pressure or intimidation.
"they face daily harassment by the police"

Harassment covers a wide range of behaviors of an offensive nature. It is commonly understood as behavior that demeans, humiliates or embarrasses a person, and it is characteristically identified by its unlikelihood in terms of social and moral reasonableness. In the legal sense, these are behaviors that appear to be disturbing, upsetting or threatening. They evolve from discriminatory grounds, and have an effect of nullifying a person's rights or impairing a person from benefiting from their rights. When these behaviors become repetitive, it is defined as bullying. The continuity or repetitiveness and the aspect of distressing, alarming or threatening may distinguish it from insult.

What do you mean unnecessary? Don't you think that these guys have the right to shine a light on shoddy police tactics to protect their rights in law? 
The police are duty bound to follow the laws of the land. Where do they get the authority to harass a person with no probable cause - a crime has to have been committed for them to have suspicions? Their actions smack of harassment -seven times in 48 hrs-, intimidation -threatening to inform the employer-, and issuing unlawful orders -report to the police station.
In fact, it just smacks of them doing the will of their political masters - the SNP.

Having said that, I don't think anyone of a Rangers leaning should voluntarily visit the midden or its grounds on Sunday.

The union bears have highlighted none of that with their ACAB post, not a single issue.

I don't really care to debate the issue any more I've said my piece

But the next time the UBs complain about getting denied permission for marches or the club not extending their section or backing them then they won't have a leg to stand on

This may be the day and age where major corporations and even elected officials get behind this nonsense but thankfully Rangers FC at least haven't sunk that low yet

The UBs should have realised the baggage a daft post like that carries these days and they'll probably face consequences for it and it'll serve them right

45 minutes ago, Willis said:

The union bears have highlighted none of that with their ACAB post, not a single issue.

I don't really care to debate the issue any more I've said my piece

But the next time the UBs complain about getting denied permission for marches or the club not extending their section or backing them then they won't have a leg to stand on

This may be the day and age where major corporations and even elected officials get behind this nonsense but thankfully Rangers FC at least haven't sunk that low yet

The UBs should have realised the baggage a daft post like that carries these days and they'll probably face consequences for it and it'll serve them right

So your puke-filled post fails to see peoples' rights being violated, and according to you they should not be defended.

Muscles are like rights, use them or lose them.

Being over the sea and far away means out of sight and out of mind for you.

Archived