Allan McGregor - Hearts On Fire

6 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

"Haha"

Classic angry old man on RM pretending he's not angry move tbh. Outed yourself here.

Who you talking to ya lanky streak a pish.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, tm91 said:

McGregor is no where near being 'miles ahead' of Goram even if you think he's the better keeper, there's probably not much between them. I still think Goram was better but I'm open to the idea that it's McGregor. The fact I'm even considering that there's a better keeper than Goram in Rangers history is the highest compliment I can give McGregor.

'Miles better' is easily the most wrong thing in this thread, and I include the idea of me being capable of being angry in that. 

Just now, Inigo said:

You're in the moment.

Goram played at a time when we played better players in our league, and when we played in the CL. Goram also played in top class international tourneys when Shagger hasn't. Half the time Shagger has barely any shots against him these days.

Goram was a marginally better shot stopper and clearly better with cross balls and distribution.

Bwe can both can play these games. Having seen them, Goram was a better goalie. 

Ive seen them both as well, you are not the only one who has been a supporter when they both played. McGregor is better, he has also done it over a far longer period.

So what, Goram played in international tournaments, he never once got through the first round. Why does Scotland being pish reflect poorly on how good a goalie McGregor is? Thats just silly.

The Motherwells and Dundees were pish back then as well. The idea that Scottish Football was filled with talent in the 90s is just silly. We were regularly handing out scuddings back then as well. Celtic were even worse than a Neil Lennon side for half that era also.

Having grown up with the 9iar team, I never thought we'd have a better keeper than Goram. Klos wasn't far behind. Have to say though that McGregor last 3 seasons has been sensational, some of the saves man!

I'd put Greegsy slightly ahead of Goram now. 

Great video and excellent song choice!

10 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Ive seen them both as well, you are not the only one who has been a supporter when they both played. McGregor is better, he has also done it over a far longer period.

So what, Goram played in international tournaments, he never once got through the first round. Why does Scotland being pish reflect poorly on how good a goalie McGregor is? Thats just silly.

The Motherwells and Dundees were pish back then as well. The idea that Scottish Football was filled with talent in the 90s is just silly. We were regularly handing out scuddings back then as well. Celtic were even worse than a Neil Lennon side for half that era also.

It's not about Scotland being pish. You mentioned about McGregor playing during more competitive times. Can only assume that alludes to the standard of opposition. Goram played in 2 x top international tournaments, proving himself there. As well as in the CL several times.

Not sure why you feel the need to use exaggerated terms like 'filled with talent'. Putting exaggerated words in people's mouths is usually quite telling mate. Nobody said I was the only fan that had seen them both either. Take a breath, old boy.

But anyway, the teams we faced were generally better, yes. As were the later Celtic teams than the one now.

Seeing them is the best judge. The rest can be massaged. Seeing as I'm clearly the more considered and wiser of the two of us, I think we can all accept Goram was better.

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It's not about Scotland being pish. You mentioned about McGregor playing during more competitive times. Can only assume that alludes to the standard of opposition. Goram played in 2 x top international tournaments, proving himself there. As well as in the CL several times.

Not sure why you feel the need to use exaggerated terms like 'filled with talent'. Putting exaggerated words in people's mouths is usually quite telling mate. Nobody said I was the only fan that had seen them both either. Take a breath, old boy.

But anyway, the teams we faced were generally better, yes. As were the later Celtic teams than the one now.

Seeing them is the best judge. The rest can be massaged. Seeing as I'm clearly the more considered and wiser of the two of us, I think we can all accept Goram was better.

:lol:

You are absolutely raging about this. Deary me 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

You are absolutely raging about this. Deary me 

Don't know how to be ragin m8. Even if I wanted to. It's alien to me.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Seeing them is the best judge. The rest can be massaged. Seeing as I'm clearly the wiser of the two of us, I think we can all accept Goram was better.

I think we can agree that things are 'more competative' when we are just winning our first title in decade and that even in his first spell, celtic were winning the odd league title and matching us on spending.

For most of the 90's we were cruising to titles at a canter. Even with our failed 10 in a row season, celtic were largely pish, we were just worse. They only really became half decent after Goram left.

Goram did indeed have some great games in Europe, such as against Leeds, he also had some absolute shockers. Over the piece McGregor has been more impressive in Europe IMO.

I agree, I have seen them both and it is clear that McGregor is better. You are going senile, so cant be trusted.

12 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think we can agree that things are 'more competative' when we are just winning our first title in decade and that even in his first spell, celtic were winning the odd league title and matching us on spending.

For most of the 90's we were cruising to titles at a canter. Even with our failed 10 in a row season, celtic were largely pish, we were just worse. They only really became half decent after Goram left.

Goram did indeed have some great games in Europe, such as against Leeds, he also had some absolute shockers. Over the piece McGregor has been more impressive in Europe IMO.

I agree, I have seen them both and it is clear that McGregor is better. You are going senile, so cant be trusted.

Not sure this season being one of our more competitive bears much scrutiny. Nor does cruising to titles. We cruised twice in Goram's time and didn't 4 times. Points margins... small in 4, large in 2, (2nd place in one).

Goram had a couple, and I mean a couple, of dodgy moments in Europe. That's all. So has Shagger. 

I get McGregor's your favourite, but let's be objective about this, my man.

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Not sure this season being one of our more competitive bears much scrutiny. Nor does cruising to titles. We cruised twice in Goram's time and didn't 4 times. Points margins... small in 4, large in 2, (2nd place in one).

Goram had a couple, and I mean a couple, of dodgy moments in Europe. That's all. So has Shagger. 

I get McGregor's your favourite, but let's be objective about this, my man.

If McGregor was in goal, we would have cruised to every title and got 10 in a row.

Folk getting agitated about who our best goalie of all time is 😂

Goram was phenomenal. Even more so given his boozing and general condition. Flying pig wasn’t meant to be complimentary. 

In his peak season for us I think he was the best goalie in the world and at a time when Schmeichel was at his peak that is saying a lot. 

But McGregor has done it for longer and more often than Goram did now, and I think he still has more in him. He has just gotten better and better. Goram deteriorated quite significantly. 

Is Peak Allan McGregor a better goalkeeper than peak Andy Goram? That’s a very hard call to make. But has McGregor been a better goalkeeper over the piece? I don’t think that’s in doubt anymore. 

if there was a poll today of Rangers best ever goalkeeper I would vote McGregor by a baw hair 

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

If McGregor was in goal, we would have cruised to every title and got 10 in a row.

Ha. Now I know you're at it. The 9 team ran out of steam, and that had nothing to do with the goalie. Goram didn't have a bad year that year, we lost that league because we threw it away with some horrendous late results that had nothing to do with goalkeeping.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Cunts that claim that Goram is a better keeper are the same type of cunts who claim that George Best was better than Messi. 

Auld cunts.

19 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I'm still leaning towards Goram but this is the post of the thread. Goram was genuinely extraordinary and a world-class keeper on his day and people shouldn't forget it. Comparing peak to peak, I'd still say Goram was better - but I think you're probably right that if you compare them over their whole careers rather than say, McGregor 20/21 v Goram 92/93, the case for McGregor might well be stronger.

I genuinely think you could say the same of McGregor.

17 minutes ago, Henders82 said:

Fair enough!

Boring, repetitive, annoying, really really weak lyrics, just generally a bad song.

Hurt my ears. 

My subjective opinion on this entirely subjective topic is that the song was pish.

However I am sure some people may have the opposite opinion, they might even have strong deeee-ziiiiii-urrrrrrr for the song.

Archived