Lions Tour

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Great game of rugby. Play like this in a few weeks and we will get destroyed. 

Also gutted for Russell who's tour is probably over due to injury 

Cracking game indeed but too many errors on both sides. Russell should be back for the tests, that's if the tour even lasts that long. 

The Scottish contingent in the team are playing well which is encouraging. Watson lucky to avoid a yellow card though for his attempt at an off the ball tackle

32 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Put the foot down and are coasting now. Mind you the Sharks getting a man sent off has made it easier than it was. 

Ridiculous margin in the end. I think it was a soft red but its one where he's given the ref a decision to make... 

There's a good few who played today who have put their hands up for test selection and there's some who didn't. The two lions scrum halves threw some atrocious passes that got picked off. Ali price is in driving seat for the 9 jersey in the tests after today.

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

😂OK mate 

The Lion ran in 50 against their A team like 3 days ago, what are you talking about 😂😂 

it was pretty apparent where that game was going, the Sharks are pish - a “great game” of Rugby has never ever ended with a team scoring 70 points, fucking hell 😂😂😂

The Sharks barely knew a defensive set at this level, nearly every point they scored came from an absolutely howling error

Mate. 😂

4 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

The Lion ran in 50 against their A team like 3 days ago, what are you talking about 😂😂 

it was pretty apparent where that game was going, the Sharks are pish - a “great game” of Rugby has never ever ended with a team scoring 70 points, fucking hell 😂😂😂

The Sharks barely knew a defensive set at this level, nearly every point they scored came from an absolutely howling error

Mate. 😂

At the time I made the post it wasn't nearly 70 points 😂

That was a superb game of rugby, SA deserved winners, poor decision making cost the lions. All those tap and go penaltys with a 2 man advantage, when they should have gone for the scrum to use one example.

As above Fagerson won't be making the test squad, was a tall order with sinkler and furlong playing so well, but to give away a penalty and a knock on won't have done his chances any good. Harris had a good game though and he was the only other scot in the team.

The lions now know what level they need to get to, as that was a damn near full strength test side for the SA squad.

Bring on the tests!

8 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Fair fucked up a few Scottish players chances that game, hard to see that many changes when it comes to the first SA game. 

Aye , Fagerson fucked it at the end but I thought Harris did ok though . 

I think there'll be a few changes with Hamish Watson in with a shout . I'm not convinced with Farrell and would expect Dan Biggar in there , and possibly Josh Adams . Plenty of forwards in contention too . Interesting choices ahead . 

2 minutes ago, MisterC said:

That was a superb game of rugby, SA deserved winners, poor decision making cost the lions. As above Fagerson won't be making the test squad, was a tall order with sinkler and furlong playing so well, but to give away a penalty and a knock on won't have done his chances any good. 

So daft from Fagerson man, can’t believe he still does stuff like that, he was carrying up and scrumming well enough 

I would rather Watson (H) started but Curry was pretty immense, can only see Mish starting if they go with 2 7’s but can’t see Gatland doing that. 

Just now, gmcf said:

Aye , Fagerson fucked it at the end but I thought Harris did ok though . 

I think there'll be a few changes with Hamish Watson in with a shout . I'm not convinced with Farrell and would expect Dan Biggar in there , and possibly Josh Adams . Plenty of forwards in contention too . Interesting choices ahead . 

Harris was excellent aye

Sutherland and Harris have a good chance, Price the bench maybe, but I do think most of their stock is lower than it was. 

I think some of the wings are playing too well in other areas and will get a game before VDM - Watson, Adams - maybe goes Williams at fullback and Daly as a more flexible bench option, not convinced Hogg features first test now 

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

So daft from Fagerson man, can’t believe he still does stuff like that, he was carrying up and scrumming well enough 

I would rather Watson (H) started but Curry was pretty immense, can only see Mish starting if they go with 2 7’s but can’t see Gatland doing that. 

Curry was excellent to be fair, its a hard call between him and Mish but I think Watson brings a bit more intensity than curry. I think there will be 5 or 6 Scots in the test squad and that's assuming Hogg and Russell get back to fitness.

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Harris was excellent aye

Sutherland and Harris have a good chance, Price the bench maybe, but I do think most of their stock is lower than it was. 

I think some of the wings are playing too well in other areas and will get a game before VDM - Watson, Adams - maybe goes Williams at fullback and Daly as a more flexible bench option, not convinced Hogg features first test now 

Yeah , I think Hogg may struggle.  I was thinking Watson at FB but they have that many options  it really could be anything . 

Quite disappointed in Farrell . I wonder if he'll get picked with so many options . 

• 2 weeks later...