Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Just now, Kylegib said:

Do you not think the money that was front loaded was recovered by how well we were performing in the EL. I do agree we should've been good enough to beat a very average 10 man Malmo team however we'd have improved our chances had we strengthened prior to playing them. Regarding being backed more if we made the group stages I wouldn't be too sure of that as GVB got us there and wasn't backed after getting us there.

van Bronckhorst had already made 7 signings last summer and was on record that he was happy with the squad.

Just now, Kylegib said:

He was also on record as expecting more signings after getting us to group stages.

Quotes aint your strong point, are they?

"It feels great to win this game and to finally hear the whistle.

"I really feel we achieved what we wanted and that's to be in the Champions League.

"Of course it will impact us.

"You're only thinking about competing with the best. We have the opportunity to do so.

"There are many positives we take away from this game.

"The club and the board are happy with the financial opportunities and we are always having good conversations in how to spend the money.

"It's seven days. Anything can happen but we have to be prepared."

10 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

You not like the truth?

Are you happy watching celtic dominate?

Your not posting any truth its just the same shite on repeat , you arent and never have been a rangers fan 

No but thats life , i had a great childhood knowing nothing but success and now just have to take it on the chin 

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Quotes aint your strong point, are they?

"It feels great to win this game and to finally hear the whistle.

"I really feel we achieved what we wanted and that's to be in the Champions League.

"Of course it will impact us.

"You're only thinking about competing with the best. We have the opportunity to do so.

"There are many positives we take away from this game.

"The club and the board are happy with the financial opportunities and we are always having good conversations in how to spend the money.

"It's seven days. Anything can happen but we have to be prepared."

Would that not suggest he was expecting money to be spent?

5 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Your not posting any truth its just the same shite on repeat , you arent and never have been a Rangers fan 

No but thats life , i had a great childhood knowing nothing but success and now just have to take it on the chin 

I'm not a Rangers fan because I agree with our largest shareholder that Gerrard was forced out after putting us in front of celtic when we had been trailing them for years.

6 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

I'm not a Rangers fan because I agree with our largest shareholder that Gerrard was forced out after putting us in front of celtic when we had been trailing them for years.

Remember when you insisted the board 'asked him to leave'?

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Remember when you insisted the board 'asked him to leave'?

As you had stated you were in the room when that all took place and it was because the board failed to honour financial backing they had promised. 

10 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

Surely that shows just how far behind we were at the time.

Bollocks, Gerrard was given money to bring players in to close the gap, we were in the title race up until the winter break.....the same thing happened the following season....Bar one league cup final appreance his record in cups was fucking laughable....why you fail to see or understand this is actually fucking embarrassing 

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Bollocks, Gerrard was given money to bring players in to close the gap, we were in the title race up until the winter break.....the same thing happened the following season....Bar one league cup final appreance his record in cups was fucking laughable....why you fail to see or understand this is actually fucking embarrassing 

How much money was he given after winning the title?

I've never denied his cup record was poor all I've said is he won the trophy that mattered most.