Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

As the title says. If Gerrard goes (either now or in the relatively near future), who would you like to see replace him? Who do you think *will* replace him?

Before anyone wants to moan about 'negativity', it's being discussed in another thread and a few posters have mentioned they'd be interested to see the sort of names mentioned.

Personally, I don't think Gerrard will go anywhere before the summer (at least) but it's an interesting discussion to have.

So who do you see being touted to replace Gerrard if he goes?

Just to throw some names out there, lets start off with Mick Beale or Callum Davidson.

Don't think SG will go , but I always thought Graham Potter would have been a good choice before Gerrard arrived . Think he was doing well in Sweden at the time . Dont know if thats still a realistic option .

If Gerrard leaves us mid-season, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the club at least interviewed Callum Davidson and Jack Ross. I'm not saying I want either of them. I just think it's likely. I'd personally like to see Beale given a chance if he doesn't leave with Gerrard. I'd also like to see McCann come in as Assistant Manager. 

As everyone else is alluding to, a lot depends on wether Gerrard leaves alone or he takes all his staff with him. 

If the former then we would need a figurehead manager who handles the media well and commands the respect  of the players

if it’s the latter then we need very strong coaching and tactical awareness brought in. 

I fear for the latter scenario tbh