*****Official Irish League Thread*****

7 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

If you were local youd understand, that flags a mates, Its an SPB flag...

Local rivalry

Yeah I guessed that, and I'm guessing it's a protestant/catholic thing. Seems stupid to say "you dont hate us" when both sides of the religious divide mostly hate one another 🤣

1 minute ago, Madina said:

Yeah I guessed that, and I'm guessing it's a protestant/catholic thing. Seems stupid to say "you dont hate us" when both sides of the religious divide mostly hate one another 🤣

It’ll be rivalry between flute bands, not Protestants and Catholics 

Just now, Madina said:

Flute band rivalry? Heard it all now 

Pretty common throughout the country, im sure it’ll be the same with Scottish bands aswell. You’ll get multiple bands from areas close together and they’ll strive to be the best, I don’t really see why you think that’s weird. 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Pretty common throughout the country, im sure it’ll be the same with Scottish bands aswell. You’ll get multiple bands from areas close together and they’ll strive to be the best, I don’t really see why you think that’s weird. 

I get people wanting to be the best at what they do, but "hate"?! They're all one and the same (I'm guessing its protestant flute band rivalries) 

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t think I have ever seen a good game of football televised from Solitude and I mean against any side, not just Linfield.

Dogshit camera height and angle doesn’t help 

best bit about going to that shitehole, is if its a sat game, we get bussed right into the back of the stand right into the turnstyle, its going to be tight this season, more teams spending now.

1 minute ago, Madina said:

I get people wanting to be the best at what they do, but "hate"?! They're all one and the same (I'm guessing its protestant flute band rivalries) 

You get rivalries in all walks of life, just because you’re from the same community doesn’t have any bearing on that. 

A lot of flute bands will have allegiances to various paramilitaries aswell, and I’m not sure if you’re aware but followers of the UVF, UDA and LVF aren’t exactly best pals.

Irish league football doesn’t actually have the same level of sectarianism as Scottish football though. The majority of supporters across the clubs can’t be bothered with political and religious songs being sang at the football.

3 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

best bit about going to that shitehole, is if its a sat game, we get bussed right into the back of the stand right into the turnstyle, its going to be tight this season, more teams spending now.

Larne would need to win something soon to show for their spending in recent years 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

You get rivalries in all walks of life, just because you’re from the same community doesn’t have any bearing on that. 

A lot of flute bands will have allegiances to various paramilitaries aswell, and I’m not sure if you’re aware but followers of the UVF, UDA and LVF aren’t exactly best pals.

Irish league football doesn’t actually have the same level of sectarianism as Scottish football though. The majority of supporters across the clubs can’t be bothered with political and religious songs being sang at the football.

Yea, where i grew up there were 3 flute bands, all striving to be the biggest and best. 

Huge rivalry, and as you say, some were sponsored/had allegiances to different loyalist paramilitaries, so made it more of a rivalry.

Protests after the Glentoran game with fans calling for Mick to leave. Club released a statement today saying they were appalled by acts of violence and intimidation after the game and will be watching cctv this week to address it.

Police monitored the situation at the time and made no arrests :lol:

Mick is Glentoran

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Protests after the Glentoran game with fans calling for Mick to leave. Club released a statement today saying they were appalled by acts of violence and intimidation after the game and will be watching cctv this week to address it.

Police monitored the situation at the time and made no arrests :lol:

Mick is Glentoran

Get it round them, what happens when you fill your team with provos.

All that money there spending too.

Talk about them having to use H & W new pitch for a few games to let there mudbath shitey oitch recover.... 

Micks a glencairn man too, top of the shankill.