*****Official Irish League Thread*****

Linfield Glentoran on BBC and the iplayer tomorrow obviously 

Glentoran have fallen away entirely now in the league, their forms went right to fuck since the injury to McMenamin, and that hideous cunt Donnelly is off form aswell. Always an enjoyable fixture to watch though 

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

Is Linfield-Glentoran the biggest derby or is the Linfield-Cliftonville game bigger for obvious reasons?

Linfield - Glentoran would be the biggest derby, they're called Belfast's big two. 

Historically they'll be as much fighting between their fans, as say Linfield - Cliftonville, even though they're both Prod teams/supporters. 

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

Is Linfield-Glentoran the biggest derby or is the Linfield-Cliftonville game bigger for obvious reasons?

Linfield Glentoran is much bigger and draws a far bigger crowd. You'll get about double the attendance at Windsor for Glentoran than you would Cliftonville.

18 hours ago, Essandoh said:

The religion thing isn’t big in Irish football. Both Linfield and Cliftonville fans hate when politically driven songs are sang at their games

26 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Dundela v Cliftonville is on the iplayer atm for anyone that wants to put themselves through that torture 

Watching the 2nd half, first time watching Irish football. Cliftonville look quite strong physically.

4 minutes ago, 32Blue said:

Watching the 2nd half, first time watching Irish football. Cliftonville look quite strong physically.

Mate, that’s a terrible game to start watching with :lol:

Its the Irish Cup and Dundela are the league below. Cliftonville are quite a decent side 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Mate, that’s a terrible game to start watching with :lol:

Its the Irish Cup and Dundela are the league below. Cliftonville are quite a decent side 

I don't have a clue about Irish football tbh, just thought I'd give it a try. Yeah, there's a significant difference between them. That's number 5 now!

36 minutes ago, 32Blue said:

I don't have a clue about Irish football tbh, just thought I'd give it a try. Yeah, there's a significant difference between them. That's number 5 now!

Aye, the difference in quality will just keep widening with the bigger sides in the top half of the premier league being professional.

Top flight is quite competitive though in terms of a title race, it’s enjoyable to watch but it’s as raw as you’ll probably get in terms of professional football :lol:

On 06/01/2023 at 21:59, .Williamson. said:

Aye, the difference in quality will just keep widening with the bigger sides in the top half of the premier league being professional.

Top flight is quite competitive though in terms of a title race, it’s enjoyable to watch but it’s as raw as you’ll probably get in terms of professional football :lol:

You have piqued my interest now, will keep it on my radar.