*****Official Irish League Thread*****

2 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Like who ?

I don’t know the level of player he is but I am sure there are sides that would willingly pick him up. Cliftonville I would imagine wouldn’t see issue giving him a contract. Newry? A few sides across the border even? 

Jay Donnelly found a new club after what he did and it imo was a lot worse.

16 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Glentoran have roman catholic/Republican ideology now.

All facts wully

That’s not a fact at all, their fan base was and remains largely Protestant/Unionist. In the Irish league with most players coming from NI you will always get players of both Unionist and Republican backgrounds. There is virtually no chance Linfield has no republicans that have played with the club, they just haven’t been caught voicing it.

Linking Herron to Glentoran now because of what’s happened when he actually plays for Larne is fucking embarrassing 

17 hours ago, wully said:

Singed for belfast celtic.

Not even the real Belfast celtic. They fucked off out of existence in 1949. This current one was a name change in 2018

They’ve really been establishing themselves as a proper celtic football club since then though, between this and being the club to give Jay Donnelly a chance :lol:

A5CF7319-1293-4887-BD5F-ADEF9C267A4D.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Glenavon gave a 13 year old boy his first senior appearance a couple of nights ago in the league cup, and he now holds the record in the UK for youngest senior appearance.

Stupid and an attention seeking exercise if you ask me. Could have been clattered and ended up badly hurt 

53 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Glenavon gave a 13 year old boy his first senior appearance a couple of nights ago in the league cup, and he now holds the record in the UK for youngest senior appearance.

Stupid and an attention seeking exercise if you ask me. Could have been clattered and ended up badly hurt 

It's really stupid. He's not physically that big either. Even if he was physically big enough kids that age shouldn't really be playing at that level, it does no good for their development. 

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It's really stupid. He's not physically that big either. Even if he was physically big enough kids that age shouldn't really be playing at that level, it does no good for their development. 

Hasn’t been received well by most people for that reason.

There’s also the awkward position you’re putting the opposition players in aswell. I’m sure you’re very aware you’re about to challenge a literal child for the ball in that scenario 

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Crusaders v Linfield on the Iplayer this evening

Thankfully not at Windsor Park as I wouldn’t bother my arse watching if it was. I think I actually hate that ground since it’s redevelopment :lol:

I really like Windsor but it doesn't feel right as an Irish League ground :lol: 

15 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I really like Windsor but it doesn't feel right as an Irish League ground :lol: 

I preferred when it looked a bit of a shitehole tbh, it’s never suited the Irish League though. There simply isn’t the crowds to justify that size of ground in the league. 

It’ll be a shame when The Oval eventually goes. Said it before but it’s probably my favourite ground in the league and in an ideal world they would just renovate what is already there, but it’s probably beyond that now.

Plans look decent though. At least the terracing is being kept in the plans 

93C3D99C-A4A5-4D30-8015-E01F5F36729B.jpeg

0C0D6843-3363-4FF2-B428-0343FD699223.png