*** The Official Cheltenham Festival 2022 Thread ***

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

By the time you placed the bet the race was win only......strange as their shouldn't have been an ew option 

Looks like it's a win single @CR3 has put on on 365. 365 lines always say "win and each way" which is confusing but it only relates to the price they're offering.

If it was each way it would say "E/W Single 2x £2.50" or "... 2x £5.00". Went through my betting history to find an example but I bet E/W about once a year. 

1 hour ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Looks like it's a win single @CR3 has put on on 365. 365 lines always say "win and each way" which is confusing but it only relates to the price they're offering.

If it was each way it would say "E/W Single 2x £2.50" or "... 2x £5.00". Went through my betting history to find an example but I bet E/W about once a year. 

Yeah that’s what happened, not sure how much I would have came out with 2.50x2 EW on a 50/1 shot that came second but it would have been not bad from a free and better than nothing. 

• 6 months later...

I'm gonnae put this in here as I believe this is the appropriate place, anyway I first went to the festival in 2003 where i met so many who would turn out to be great friends.....anyway we went year in year out until it became apparent that the festival had out grown the festival that we knew.....I was the youngest of the four who wen for religiously for 10 year.....even when we stopped going we still met up and our Cheltenham weeks back home.....unfortunately one of the boys has been battling cancer for over a year now.....he has had so many set backs it's a crying shame, he even had a leg amputated but he is still positive and is looking to the future.....the last bit of news was the cancer had spread and he now has cancer of the oesophagus....It is a cancer that is untreatable (Andy Goram) but yet the wee man still believes he has 4/5 years to live and is insistent that we do one more festival......my heart breaks as I know the reality is he won't have long to live....not sure why I'm actually writing this but it's easier to talk about to people I don't really know rather than close friends