Rangers interested in Ross Stewart

RangersMedia

1 hour ago, don logan said:

Were you enthused when we signed Tavernier from Wigan? Bassey from Leicester reserves? Morelos from Finland? Did Ryan Jack from Aberdeen excite you? Kamara for £50K from Dundee? What is a first team pick anyway? We thought Ramsey from Juventus was one? Diallo from Manchester United too.

We were going into the Scottish Championship when we signed Tavernier

- I still think Bassey is shite
- Morelos - had no idea about him tbh but he was young and came with a decent reputation from a team that has historically developed players
- Jack was a good signing and I said it on here at the time despite our usual fan snobbery about other Scottish players
- Kamara was a very good performer in any game against us and them then Gerrard took him to a new level

The key thing about every signing above is age

Ross Stewart would be 26 by the time he signs for us (if we sign him), has had 1 decent goalscoring season in his career and that is at League One level + Sunderland would want £2-3m minimum for him if they don't get promoted and more than that if they do get promoted

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

- Morelos - had no idea about him tbh but he was young and came with a decent reputation from a team that has historically developed players
- Jack was a good signing and I said it on here at the time despite our usual fan snobbery about other Scottish players
- Kamara was a very good performer in any game against us and them then Gerrard took him to a new level

Ross Stewart would be 26 by the time he signs for us (if we sign him), has had 1 decent goalscoring season in his career and that is at League One level + Sunderland would want £2-3m minimum for him if they don't get promoted and more than that if they do get promoted

It also took Jack, Kamara, Morelos, Tav etc collectively 3, 4, 5 seasons to develop into players that were capable of winning a league title. 

We need to sign a few players that can be at that level now.

8 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Regan-Cook has scored more goals in a season at SPFL level, is younger and free in summer. 

Issue is we need more Scottish players in the squad for Europe. I’d rather we promote from within, as I still get the fear over the summer of 19/20 where we just filled the squad wish pish SPFL signings

10 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Have you even read what he said?

Alex Neil was pretty direct to the point where Stewart could even take it the wrong way :lol:

There is no way he has 'leaked' this to try and make any sort of money out of his main player whilst they're in a promotion battle

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

Josh Maja wasn't 26.

I think we will be linked with Maja again this Summer.

Had his early hype, got his big deal in France and didn’t particularly impress, has had a couple of loans back to England which haven’t worked out.

Got year long loan to us with an option to buy written all over it.

2 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Have you even read what he said?

read the first few words where he said "stewarts future is not at the forefront of his thoughts" and chucked it,as he's a boring bastard.
but it will not be the 1st time alex neil has mentioned one of his players "will not be going to Rangers" and it gets boring reading the same pish.
from the 4 clubs he has managed i'm positive we've never even asked about any of his players.