Euro squad - 17 + 4 + club trained

15 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

No there are a couple of spots left over and if fit both are more than good enough and will be in the squad. 

Granted Roofe is less likely to make it but a fit Roofe makes the squad before the likes of Hagi and Sakala any day of the week and I don't dislike any of those players.

Hagi and Sakala wont be in the squad either.

Have a look at my list above where I put the 17 players who will almost certainly make it. If you look at that, tell me what player you would drop for Roofe. Or more importantly, who do you honestly believe Beale will leave out of it for Roofe?

McCrorie looking to leave is a pain as it means we need to include someone like McLaughlin instead, the lad Wright just doesnt have the experience even to be the backup. At 23, he has played really mostly at L1 level, not even getting a prolonged spell in the Championship.

Even then, say McCrorie stays, that extra slot is more than likely going to go to Lundstrum who the manager still clearly rates.

5 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

With his injury history we'd need to be mental to give him a place.

With his history when fit we'd not quite be mental not to but he is worth serious consideration. If there are any worries over his fitness then Sakala takes his place.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Hagi and Sakala wont be in the squad either.

Have a look at my list above where I put the 17 players who will almost certainly make it. If you look at that, tell me what player you would drop for Roofe. Or more importantly, who do you honestly believe Beale will leave out of it for Roofe?

McCrorie looking to leave is a pain as it means we need to include someone like McLaughlin instead, the lad Wright just doesnt have the experience even to be the backup. At 23, he has played really mostly at L1 level, not even getting a prolonged spell in the Championship.

Even then, say McCrorie stays, that extra slot is more than likely going to go to Lundstrum who the manager still clearly rates.

Can see Lundstram leaving tbh.

My reply was to the original post not to what might or might not happen before the squads are announced 😂

Yes we could sell McCrorie but we could replace him with a player who qualifies through being association trained. 

Was Roofe not top goal scorer the season we won the league? If he is fit he will get game time. If he looks like he could play half a dozen games over a couple of months then he will make the euro squad. 

6 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Can see Lundstram leaving tbh.

My reply was to the original post not to what might or might not happen before the squads are announced 😂

Yes we could sell McCrorie but we could replace him with a player who qualifies through being association trained. 

Was Roofe not top goal scorer the season we won the league? If he is fit he will get game time. If he looks like he could play half a dozen games over a couple of months then he will make the euro squad. 

I simply went with the best 2 from the 10 (imo) - the risk in that would be opting for 2 players who have just missed almost an entire season

Beale really likes Roofe and he also seems to rate Lundstram so maybe Lawrence misses out?

Could make a case for Sakala and Balogun but I
'd struggle to make a case for Hagi, McLaughlin, Yfeko, Kamara or Matondo

9 hours ago, the cry was no said:

I simply went with the best 2 from the 10 (imo) - the risk in that would be opting for 2 players who have just missed almost an entire season

Beale really likes Roofe and he also seems to rate Lundstram so maybe Lawrence misses out?

Could make a case for Sakala and Balogun but I
'd struggle to make a case for Hagi, McLaughlin, Yfeko, Kamara or Matondo

I've basically done the same which is why I stipulated if fit. Sakala probably has the best chance of making it out of the rest.

Balogun isn't needed, we'll have Goldson, Souttar, Davies/New and King as 4 options for CB. 

People are kidding themselves on if they don't think Lundstram is going to be in it. 

The other spot will probably go to Hagi, Sakala or Lawrence depending on who is still here. 

We’ve not planned for this very well. Going into a group stage campaign with effectively 17 first team players (but if we lose McCrorie and Wright that drops even further) is suicidal. 

We struggled last year with a much bigger squad as soon as we got 3-4 injuries. Europes vital for our finances, but we say last autumn how it can derail a league campaign if you’re getting cuffed every other game. 

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

We’ve not planned for this very well. Going into a group stage campaign with effectively 17 first team players (but if we lose McCrorie and Wright that drops even further) is suicidal. 

We struggled last year with a much bigger squad as soon as we got 3-4 injuries. Europes vital for our finances, but we say last autumn how it can derail a league campaign if you’re getting cuffed every other game. 

Are Souttar Jack and McCrorie not first team players like? 

2 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

We have 17 players plus up to 8 more mate.