Transfer window thoughts

I came away from the transfer window fairly disappointed, particularly because we didn't sign a DM.

But - I've seen enough now to feel that Jefte, Barron, Igamane and Bajrami are all good signings.

Jury still out on Cerny and Propper and we haven't seen much of Kasanwirjo but they may also prove decent.

We also re-signed Cortes and brought in Liam Kelly and Clinton Nsiala

I think because we're still seeing Tav struggling and players like Dowell and Raskin getting game time, there's a feeling that there isn't much of a rebuild going on.  But there is

Still don't like the formation, though

8 minutes ago, Southsider said:

I came away from the transfer window fairly disappointed, particularly because we didn't sign a DM.

But - I've seen enough now to feel that Jefte, Barron, Igamane and Bajrami are all good signings.

Jury still out on Cerny and Propper and we haven't seen much of Kasanwirjo but they may also prove decent.

We also re-signed Cortes and brought in Liam Kelly and Clinton Nsiala

I think because we're still seeing Tav struggling and players like Dowell and Raskin getting game time, there's a feeling that there isn't much of a rebuild going on.  But there is

Still don't like the formation, though

A significant lack of quality throughout the team. Think we’re particularly weak through the centre, and really missing not having a CM that controls a game.

Think we’ll get really found out in Europe.

Jefte has had a few good games, as has Barron. The rest the jury is out on. 

We are now in the, time will tell period. PC has got some half decent players in by the look of it, now he needs to coach them in to a proper team. As Kayser says Christmas. That is when we will truly know if he is a dud or if the players were that bad.

I think it’s been a reset and it’ll take time, but it’s a big step in the right direction. 

The lack of a CDM signing was a shame, but we were only really linked with McLean (who would’ve cost a decent fee and wages, with no return as a 31 y/o) and the guy from Sevilla who didn’t want to join. 

Not selling Tav and Yilmaz when we reportedly had £6million on the table in offers (combined), was a mistake in hindsight. That probably stopped us doing a bit more, but we obviously felt we weren’t getting enough money in for them. 

If we can replace the likes of Lawrence, Dowell, Tav etc over the next 12 months with quality (that’s mobile as well as talented), we will look a much a stronger side. 

11 minutes ago, ZZed said:

We are now in the, time will tell period. PC has got some half decent players in by the look of it, now he needs to coach them in to a proper team. As Kayser says Christmas. That is when we will truly know if he is a dud or if the players were that bad.

Don't disagree.  The thread is whether the transfer window was any good.  

Whether Clement can coach them into a decent team is another matter.  I still think that our formation is a gift to celtic's midfield and we do lack a proper controlling CM

There’s an imbalance in middle of the park.

An experienced head should’ve been a priority signing in there but club decided otherwise.

Barron has been fine as the 6 but the big issue is who partners him. Mental that Clement played Sterling there against Dundee at home. Sterling should be played in there in games where we will be on back foot and need a destroyer.

The bigger issue is Diomande. He brings basically nothing to the team and at the moment looks completely lost as if he doesn’t know what he’s supposed to be doing.

15 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

There’s an imbalance in middle of the park.

An experienced head should’ve been a priority signing in there but club decided otherwise.

Barron has been fine as the 6 but the big issue is who partners him. Mental that Clement played Sterling there against Dundee at home. Sterling should be played in there in games where we will be on back foot and need a destroyer.

The bigger issue is Diomande. He brings basically nothing to the team and at the moment looks completely lost as if he doesn’t know what he’s supposed to be doing.

Diomande was a big improvement on Sterling on Saturday, night and day second half. 

I think the Sterling as a CM experiment needs to end. It hasn’t worked now for a good while and he either needs to focus on getting Tavs spot, or seriously improving if he wants to play midfield.