What is Causing the Drop in Attendance

Interesting, being at the game, I didn't think it was 35k but more just over 40k but nevertheless.

I think it is the entertainment factor but maybe money too. Especially if going with kids, prices can be quite dear at the tea bars and unhealthy I dare say

90 mins? :craphead:

Seriously though, it might be the prices... But I have to get transport from Dundee, the ticket, and my half-time snack, and a programme... Albeit, if I'm with dad, he buys the ticket, but i buy his half-time stuff as well... I save up just to see my beloved Gers... it's just sometimes I can't get down due to unforseen circumstances... or mum not wanting me to see dad <_<

Personal reasons aside... I can't understand it... the team is winning! :rangers:

(And not be entertained? I'd pay the money just to see the cheerleaders at half-time!!) :craphead:

PS - Don't know if they are there all the time :shifty:

Actually the attendance was pretty much packed out on Saturday iirc. I admit the RSB attendance wasn't great, but if the St Mirren game was full, it suggests a question of finance.

I would say its due to years of very poor fayre of Football.We are supposed to be a top European team, but have a way of playing thats out-dated & old fashioned & totally at odds with Champions league football.

Its actually embarrassing watching us.WS is not the man to take us forward.We were poor during 9IAR but also had no opposition.

Its frightening the football that the fans accept these days.

We play a conference style of football & it might work in the SPL but will only humiliate is in Europe

Guest Durham Loyal

distance and travel cost, plus the match itself. Not to mention a few beers and a bite to eat. I make it up when I can.

the thing is though, you pay your money to go and get behind the team, i noticed as soon as the fans started singing a little bit on tuesday, the players responded.

sitting in silence the whole game will help no one

I don't think it's anything to worry about. Prices, time of the match, poor football, people being away on holiday...anything could contribute to it.

The CL games (if we get there) will all be totally sold out, I gaurentee that.

I would say its due to years of very poor fayre of Football.We are supposed to be a top European team, but have a way of playing thats out-dated & old fashioned & totally at odds with Champions league football.

Sorry to say it, but we are not a top European teams in anybodys eyes bar our own support. A top European team makes the latter stages of The Champions League every year. We do not do that!

And in terms of the football we play, if it is so out dated and uneffective do you want us to appoint another PLG who has plans to modernise everything about the club and then have the fans bleet about it when he tries to make a significant change?

WS is not the man to take us forward.We were poor during 9IAR but also had no opposition.

5 games, 9 goals scored and 0 conceded says he is doing just fine, especially if you compare results now to last year.

And what type of football should we accept? You yourself have said we were poor during 9IAR, but I bet you didn't moan and groan about the football back then did you?

You think after the last couple of years we have had, our fans wouldn't be so fickle and they would just be happy that we appear to be back on track results wise wouldn't you?

Sorry to say it, but we are not a top European teams in anybodys eyes bar our own support. A top European team makes the latter stages of The Champions League every year. We do not do that!

And in terms of the football we play, if it is so out dated and uneffective do you want us to appoint another PLG who has plans to modernise everything about the club and then have the fans bleet about it when he tries to make a significant change?

WS is not the man to take us forward.We were poor during 9IAR but also had no opposition.

5 games, 9 goals scored and 0 conceded says he is doing just fine, especially if you compare results now to last year.

And what type of football should we accept? You yourself have said we were poor during 9IAR, but I bet you didn't moan and groan about the football back then did you?

You think after the last couple of years we have had, our fans wouldn't be so fickle and they would just be happy that we appear to be back on track results wise wouldn't you?

(tu) well said

Interesting, being at the game, I didn't think it was 35k but more just over 40k but nevertheless.

I think it is the entertainment factor but maybe money too. Especially if going with kids, prices can be quite dear at the tea bars and unhealthy I dare say

I am sure when we progress that the bang for your buck influence will increase. It is a nerve racking time with RFC right now. We are in a spell of prosperity...people are holding their breath?

Is it not a bit early in the season to be talking about a drop in attendance?

if no does anybody have statistics to justify the idea?

I remeber the early qualifiers last year being a lot less than packed as well.

Also for Tuesday pasts game, the forecast was absolutley terrible and there were maybe a lot of people didn't want to travel....

"

"We should be playing in a mid table EPL style-keep the ball & play quick aggressive football.I mean WS was a manager & assistant manager to Man.U-You would think he would have some sort of clue as to play modern British football"

"So in effect your saying this dire rugby type football should be the way forward.Because PLG failed does that mean an Advocaat did too.Your arguments very poor & typical of blinkered support."

"I used to claim regularly that WS & his style of play & tactics are very poor even during 9IAR.Why did The Scotland team play with a bit panache-although defensive-they at least kept the ball a fault common to Scottish failures in Europe."

"Good results admittedly, but we have been playing poor teams-the European games have been far more difficult-especially because we keep hoofing the ball up the park & lose it"

"As said earlier "I DID""

"Im not that easily pleased.And there is a long way to go.SPL fodder notwithstanding."