Hutton

Ryan

His positional sense is awful at times and he switches off too often for me but he has came on in leaps and bounds and is still a young player.

A few years with Walter and Ally will see him as the best RB in Scotland and one of the best in the UK.

Decent player going forward yes..

but what I've noticed is that he hardly ever stops a cross going into the box, anyone else realise this?

I noticed it once or twice tonight. I was appalled to see him giving the winger some distance and not closing him down on one occasion.

But he was still very good overall and didn't commit this mistake every time.

but what I've noticed is that he hardly ever stops a cross going into the box, anyone else realise this?

A few times tonight he was "got the better of". But I think you're miles off the mark saying he hardly ever stops a cross coming in. Hutton stops crosses all the time. You been on the tinnies?

If you are referring to this season in general, I think you are very much mistaken.

As for tonight's match, he didn't seem to tackle as much, but I think he had been warned that the Ref's eyes would be on him due to the fact that Red Star had singled him out in press releases and was wary of their diving tactics considering he had already been given a red in a European match this season.

Guest orangpendek

the FB should not be trying to stop the cross, if the winger is in position to cross. by that point, should the FB dive in, he gives the winger the option of beating him and getting that much closer to the goal/line/whatever. his job is get between the winger and the best angle for him to cross, a cross which should be dealt with by the CBs. if the cross hits him, all well and good but its more down to the winger. the time for a FB to stop a cross is when the ball is coming to the winger, get the ball or get the man. 'cut out the angle and show him inside' must be the mantra.

hutton is a shit-hot rb who is only going to get better. good going forward and tough as old boots. 1st decent right back i've seen since gary stevens.

the FB should not be trying to stop the cross, if the winger is in position to cross. by that point, should the FB dive in, he gives the winger the option of beating him and getting that much closer to the goal/line/whatever. his job is get between the winger and the best angle for him to cross, a cross which should be dealt with by the CBs. if the cross hits him, all well and good but its more down to the winger. the time for a FB to stop a cross is when the ball is coming to the winger, get the ball or get the man. 'cut out the angle and show him inside' must be the mantra.

hutton is a shit-hot rb who is only going to get better. good going forward and tough as old boots. 1st decent right back i've seen since gary stevens.

You put it well but I don't completely agree. Yes, when the winger has the ball and he isn't close enough to him because he was covering a space in between him and Cuellar or Weir then yes, it is damage limitation in relation to the space he has to cross into which is why McGregor had the chance to take so many crosses. In saying that he relies on the man in front, Whittaker tonight, to stop a runner option which didnt always happen especially second half when W tired.

He was also skinned for showing the outside to Kuroman a few times and out wide was where we were weak, inside was where the cover was. Think of the cross across the goal first half, the ball inside him first half and the 2 times he was beaten on the outside second half. Decent performance, much to improve.

A more committed man you will not find and a very very good player tho.

evens

how many foreign fb's do you see dive in compared to how many jockey the player into making a mistake? we've only seen 3 goals go past us this season and how many have been the fault of the rb? just enjoy the forward runs of him and we will see much more positive aspects of his play than negative imo!

I wasn't criticising him guys, I'm a fan of him, but he maybe stopped about 2 crosses out of 10 tonight. not good enough.

I agree with whoever said he sometimes get dragged to centrally.

I wasn't criticising him guys, I'm a fan of him, but he maybe stopped about 2 crosses out of 10 tonight. not good enough.

I agree with whoever said he sometimes get dragged to centrally.

AH has been great, but a bit off tonight for the reason stated above. He is allowed an off night, but CAN be crticized too.

I've been saying for a while that Hutton needs to up his performance as a defender. One thing that winds me up about him is when he looses possession he has a tendency to lard arse it back while watching the opposition build an attack. Last night was not a good performance but if he can learn from these games, I still think he has the ability to go on and become a Rangers stalwart.

Yeah, he wasn't as good of late last night. However, I felt he was being exposed slightly by Whittaker who was being drawn in-field too much.

In the second half though Hutton stood off the winger and did allow too many crosses in.

Briton,

He like every single player in the team had a good game/performance last night.

He did not and not every single player had a good game. I think you must be confusing individual performances with the result.

Yeah, he wasn't as good of late last night. However, I felt he was being exposed slightly by Whittaker who was being drawn in-field too much.

In the second half though Hutton stood off the winger and did allow too many crosses in.

I felt the same for your first point.

Although he wasn't at his best I was impressed when he did win the ball, choosing to find a man to pass to rather than just lump it up the pitch to invite more pressure.

That, accompanied by the wee triangles of passing across the pitch in VERY close proximity to their players said to me that the team wasn't as nervous as I expected them to be...

Great post mate and 100% correct, Hutton is a class act, many on here would have had him hunted out of Ibrox a year ago