360 vs PS3

Poetry_In_Blue

There are so many arguments about which one is the best, but one thing for sure I do know the controls for the 360 are much better, the PS3 one is so small too much playing gives me sore wrists.

And it's playing with my PS3 that causes the sore wrists not playing with myself! :pipehorse:

XBOX Live is generally a main factor aswell, and the fact that there are a lot of top games coming out on xbox 360 helps to put one over but a lot of ppl see PS3 and blu-ray and go for it, I was a playstation owner growing up, then I got an xbox and converted, so im by no means a fan boy. however I would be more inclined obviously to say xbox 360 because ive got one... the new elite could have and should have had a HD-DVD built in and then im sure it would have triumphed

Over a third of 360s have been returned broken :lol:

Shite

Also i dont like the X Box controller, its too fat

The fragility and flaws in the console have nothing to do with the games, right ?

Xbox360 has far more superior games than PS3 and graphics are overall similar.

And the Elite is the shizznet :P

Sony have rested on their laurels. When the PS2 came out it was the only real contender for your cash. The Dreamcast was dying on it's arse so all the exclusives came to PS2. Sony had it easy in the last round.

This time Microsoft got the 360 out first and have established firm ( if not massive ) user base. Nintendo are selling the Wii at a great price and the controller is attracting new gamers.

The result of this is that the Playstation is no longer the first choice platform for developers. Consequently gamers have little reason to buy one at such a high price with so little exclusive games.

Sony should have used it's finacial brawn to secure exclusives instead of letting them slip through its fingers.

The console war is far from over, but Sony will have to pull its finger out and start making an effort.

Over a third of 360s have been returned broken :lol:

Shite

Also i dont like the X Box controller, its too fat

yep had my xbox 360 for just over 20 days,

then it just stopped working, you switched it on an the game would load, an then it would just freeze, whenever it went live it would automatically freeze, it just wouldnt work.

i took it back to game to be told "not another one you kidding me on?" no sir im most definitely not, got a full refund an a voucher book for game, coz i kicked up a stink coz they didnt have a replacement in store :craphead:

The PS3's sold almost half of what the 360's sold already with 4.3m vs 10.9m. In a year's time I'm sure the PS3 will be the #1 console considering the games that will be released by that point and it's online system will have have "Home" etc etc. You'll get that free GT game too.

You can't beat the PS controller too.

I dare to make a bet on it that half of the people who bought a PS3 bought one simply for the name. Playstation has a longer history than Xbox, hence a bit more famous. But that doesn't say anything about the quality of games though. The era of Console-exclusive games is almost over, a few classics still cling to it (Metal Gear for one), but most developers see that it makes no sense at all to only make a game for 1 Console.

And the PS controller is crap :D

You can't even throw it to the floor in anger :P

The xbox 360 has been out far longer than the ps3 so its hard to judge as developers have had more time with the 360 to get the best out of the games it has always been the same the first games for the ps2 were awful but once it had been out for a few months the games really started coming out of the woodwork

I dare to make a bet on it that half of the people who bought a PS3 bought one simply for the name. Playstation has a longer history than Xbox, hence a bit more famous. But that doesn't say anything about the quality of games though. The era of Console-exclusive games is almost over, a few classics still cling to it (Metal Gear for one), but most developers see that it makes no sense at all to only make a game for 1 Console.

MGS is maybe comin out on the xbox 360... :D

one of the developers for the game said the more consoles the more money... true though

yeh you can....i broke some of the buttons on it once :craphead:

trying to be objective.

the xbox360 is cheaper and does have alot more games(due to the fact it has been out longer) so is more appealing but the ps3 does have some xtra(blu-ray, free online gaming) and i believe will get the games soon but it is rather expensive. If you were to get either maybe go for the basic 360 and in 6 mths get a ps3.

ps3 rules though

Just ordered a new game for the 360 but I can't remember what I ordered, at this moment in time there doesn't appear that there is too many games available for the PS3 yet, looks like it will be later this year and early next year before we'll start seeing the better games, so my PS3 is gathering dust at the moment.

trying to be objective.

the xbox360 is cheaper and does have alot more games(due to the fact it has been out longer) so is more appealing but the ps3 does have some xtra(blu-ray, free online gaming) and i believe will get the games soon but it is rather expensive. If you were to get either maybe go for the basic 360 and in 6 mths get a ps3.

ps3 rules though

HD-DVD is already marching upwards :P