Burke and Adam - have they missed their chance at Rangers?

Canadaready

I was thinking about this last night when going over the team list for the Champions League.

They are players who had last season and this training camp to put together a nice run at a first team place. It hasn't worked out for them this year, but, do you think that they have a future outside of role players?

Has the opportunity to start passed them?

Players really have to burst a gut when a new manager comes in and Burke in particular doesn't seem to have done that

Even though I'm not a big fan of Burke, I think that might be a bit unfair to the lad, I'm sure he got picked for ICT on the first game of the season then picked up an injury and it's only in the last two to three weeks that he started playing again in the reserves.

Anyway, can anyone post a list of who was submitted for the CL?

Players really have to burst a gut when a new manager comes in and Burke in particular doesn't seem to have done that

Even though I'm not a big fan of Burke, I think that might be a bit unfair to the lad, I'm sure he got picked for ICT on the first game of the season then picked up an injury and it's only in the last two to three weeks that he started playing again in the reserves.

Boab put this on last week;

Goalkeepers

No Name

1 Allan McGregor

16 Graeme Smith

25 Roy Carroll

31 Callum Reidford *

58 Scott Gallacher *

Defenders

No Name

2 Alan Hutton

3 David Weir

5 Saša Papac

21 Kirk Broadfoot

22 Andy Webster

24 Carlos Cuéllar

28 Steven Whittaker

32 Alan Lowing *

37 Jordan McMillan *

45 Ross Perry *

47 Ross Harvey *

50 Michael Donald *

54 Nicholas Gallagher *

Midfielders

No Name

7 Brahim Hemdani

8 Barry Ferguson

8 Kevin Thomson

11 Charles Adam

16 Alan Gow

17 Chris Burke

20 DaMarcus Beasley

27 Lee McCulloch

33 Steven Lennon *

34 Paul Emslie *

39 Amdy Faye

42 Andrew Shinnie *

46 William McLachlan *

49 Steven Kinnisburgh *

53 Stephen Stirling *

55 Alistair Park *

Forwards

No Name

4 Thomas Buffel

9 Kris Boyd

10 Nacho Novo

19 Jean-Claude Darcheville

29 Daniel Cousin

38 Steven Naismith

48 Christopher Craig *

KEY:

Player list B

I hope I'm wrong, I just know if I had the chance he has, with the undoubted talent he has I really would run through brick walls to stay at Ibrox.

Also I Can't help feeling that the Italians have it right where they make sure their young players don't get too much too soon. That's how we got Gattuso, although of course in his case his hunger for success was never in doubt.

Hopefully Burke can get back to fitness and get back to his old ways.He turned half the Inter Milan team inside out when we played them.Maybe injuries and confidence is getting to him.(Hutton was crap at first when he returned from his broken leg, but he finally turned it round).

Burke has more skill in his big toe than Charlie Adam thats for sure.

As for Adam, I don't rate him at all.A few lucky free kicks kept him in team last year.He is slow,overweight,crap touch, and gives away posession to many times with slack passes and crazy attempts at goal.I think he found his level at St Mirren! We will struggle to get him off wage bill now that he got his 5 year contract!

How do we lose players like Barry Robson and keep crap like Adam??

Both are simply not good enough to be playing for Rangers!!

20 year old 14 Spl goals,rookie season,not good enough?get real Muffger. :rolleyes:

Slow, poor fitness, distribution is awful the majority of time, can't tackle/defend, leaves the LB exposed and it's like playing with a man less. He found his level when on loan at St. Mirren and is simply not good enough to be a 1st team player at Ibrox.

McCulloch, Beasley, Naismith etc are all ahead of him, he has no chance.

Both are simply not good enough to be playing for Rangers!!

20 year old 14 Spl goals,rookie season,not good enough?get real Muffger. :rolleyes:

Slow, poor fitness, distribution is awful the majority of time, can't tackle/defend, leaves the LB exposed and it's like playing with a man less. He found his level when on loan at St. Mirren and is simply not good enough to be a 1st team player at Ibrox.

McCulloch, Beasley, Naismith etc are all ahead of him, he has no chance.

mid-fielder 20 years old,rookie season,14 goals.you guys can come up with all sort of excuses for a guy who, all he does is stand in the box, and only gets 5 goals more than Charlie.I'll say it again get real Muffger :rolleyes:

I'll say it again get real Muffger

And so will I, Charlie Adam is p*sh!

Thread has nothing to do with Boyd so why bring him up? You can say all you want about Boyd, but one thing's true, he's a goal-machine and his scoring record proves that (tu)

Thread has nothing to do with Boyd so why bring him up? You can say all you want about Boyd, but one thing's true, he's a goal-machine and his scoring record proves that (tu)

Sorry PB but I must side with Muffger on this one.

Boab put this on last week;

Goalkeepers

No Name

1 Allan McGregor

16 Graeme Smith

25 Roy Carroll

31 Callum Reidford *

58 Scott Gallacher *

Defenders

No Name

2 Alan Hutton

3 David Weir

5 Saša Papac

21 Kirk Broadfoot

22 Andy Webster

24 Carlos Cuéllar

28 Steven Whittaker

32 Alan Lowing *

37 Jordan McMillan *

45 Ross Perry *

47 Ross Harvey *

50 Michael Donald *

54 Nicholas Gallagher *

Midfielders

No Name

7 Brahim Hemdani

8 Barry Ferguson

8 Kevin Thomson

11 Charles Adam

16 Alan Gow

17 Chris Burke

20 DaMarcus Beasley

27 Lee McCulloch

33 Steven Lennon *

34 Paul Emslie *

39 Amdy Faye

42 Andrew Shinnie *

46 William McLachlan *

49 Steven Kinnisburgh *

53 Stephen Stirling *

55 Alistair Park *

Forwards

No Name

4 Thomas Buffel

9 Kris Boyd

10 Nacho Novo

19 Jean-Claude Darcheville

29 Daniel Cousin

38 Steven Naismith

48 Christopher Craig *

KEY:

Player list B

Cheers for that.

Good morning Nvager!just making a comparison,the way I see it is,The ginger genius didn't want him,LeGuen wanted him,and Walter definately sees something in him(new five year contract was it?)and didn't Mcleish call him into the Scotland squad earlier this year?It may turn out he's not up to snuff,but let's give the kid a chance,and another thing he definately isn't Pish like some suggest.As for Burke,he's ran out of chances. (td)

Good morning Nvager!just making a comparison,the way I see it is,The ginger genius didn't want him,LeGuen wanted him,and Walter definately sees something in him(new five year contract was it?)and didn't Mcleish call him into the Scotland squad earlier this year?It may turn out he's not up to snuff,but let's give the kid a chance,and another thing he definately isn't Pish like some suggest.As for Burke,he's ran out of chances. (td)

I think they will both get chances yet, but we have better than ADam for midfield and Burke???? Who knows?

I think they will both get chances yet, but we have better than ADam for midfield and Burke???? Who knows?

Better with 14 goals? I'm pretty sure we haven't.