Smith told to prepare for January bids for Hutton

Mad Dog

Guest orangpendek

a lot of people still need a reality check, even after these 4 years of financial misery. if another team came in for hutton, or anyone else, and they were epl/top tier in europe, no matter how much we're paying the guy will have the chance to double, maybe treble his weekly wage. plus play at a higher standard. plus, if its europe, live in a different/better culture. and you'd all turn that down coz 'i'm a big rangers man?' you might say you would...but i don't believe it's so.

that's the reality, and the cachet of playing for the bears is not, in the cold light of day, going to be enough to swing it for many players. esp if, like hutton, they have a chance at playing at the very top level, and we're talking man u here.

I feel that this is the start of murray park and the fruits of its labour starting to bear fruit, do you all think that ajax fans are happy when the likes of van der vaart are punted on for a few million quid?? of course they aren't but they realise that at the age groups just below thereare players ready to make tha step up just as we will have players ready to step up from the 21's or 19s, the fact that we merchandise a bit better will also mean that we have an income that means we can still splash the cash at certain points while not being in the sh!t when another team sees potential in one of our players!

a lot of people still need a reality check, even after these 4 years of financial misery. if another team came in for hutton, or anyone else, and they were epl/top tier in europe, no matter how much we're paying the guy will have the chance to double, maybe treble his weekly wage. plus play at a higher standard. plus, if its europe, live in a different/better culture. and you'd all turn that down coz 'i'm a big rangers man?' you might say you would...but i don't believe it's so.

that's the reality, and the cachet of playing for the bears is not, in the cold light of day, going to be enough to swing it for many players. esp if, like hutton, they have a chance at playing at the very top level, and we're talking man u here.

ure not wrong, but look at scottish players in the past who hav shown great ability and potential who wen down south. almost all of them found themselves on the bench and eventually forgotten, resulting the the talent just fading. how many players must scotland lose to the english prem league b4 they realise that they need to mature into the player b4 they move south. maloney for example, if he stayed at celtic even just for a yr more, could hav maybe landed a bigger club or maybe a more regular first team slot. at the end of the day in the english league, potenial is only any good if ure english or already a good player who is only gunna get better like ronaldo.