Scotland vs. Ukraine

J_RFC87

Germany legend Franz Beckenbauer wants Scotland to qualify for the Euro 2008 finals. (Daily Mail)

Ukraine striker Andriy Shevchenko wants France and Italy to qualify for Euro 2008 ahead of Scotland. (Various)

hope we scud the Soviets now

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think we will turn over the Ukraine with a 3-0 victory to be honest, and this has nothing to do with the wave of optimism over recent results.

In the last game against them they were lucky to beat us, some poor refereeing and cheating from Schevy and an unfair dismissal was what beat us.

What makes you think they won't be diving and cheating again? With guys like McManus who tug at jerses inside the box I can see us concedeing a penalty.

I actually think we will turn over the Ukraine with a 3-0 victory to be honest, and this has nothing to do with the wave of optimism over recent results.

In the last game against them they were lucky to beat us, some poor refereeing and cheating from Schevy and an unfair dismissal was what beat us.

What makes you think they won't be diving and cheating again? With guys like McManus who tug at jerses inside the box I can see us concedeing a penalty.

it was the exact same against lithuania. i said to my mate during the first half that they would get a penalty and when they did i just turned to him and said "i told you". then i began hurling abuse at the ref with the rest of the crowd :lol:

Italy 13/10/07 Georgia

Scotland 17/11/07 Italy

Italy 21/11/07 Faroe Islands

Faroe Islands 13/10/07 France

France 17/10/07 Lithuania

Ukraine 21/11/07 France

Italy and France will get 6 points at the very minimum

To be fair, we always raise our game in the big ones, if this was Lithuania or Georgia at home, then maybe it could be seen as a bannana skin. But becuase its Ukraine, I think the boys will not have any shred of complaceny in them. Still very nervous(reason why im still up) heading off to hampden in 7 hours (tu)

2-1 Miller first.

Who the fuck cares what the tims or the rest of scottish football fans think to be honest mate :craphead:

should all be greatful to walter n eck for even getting them into contention.

il be there on saturday hoping for a great result.

But if we dont qualify - i will be proud of Scotland no matter what (tu)

fair enough, but my point is of the now over-expectation Scotland fans now expect, from the media to the fans to the SFA.

Dont know about anyone else, I am a big Scotland fan, and I think we are underdogs today - If you offered me 4 pts this week I would snap your hand off.

Not over expectation, just pride that we are a real team again who can stand up and give the best sides in the world a game.

According to the papers , the team is

Gordon

Hutton

Weir

Mcmanus

Naysmith

Brown

Ferguson

Pearson

McCulloch

McFadden

Miller

No Boyd :(

Nicholas wa on Soccer AM saying he expected Boyd and McFadden up front. That would be fun! :rangers:

Who the fuck cares what the tims or the rest of scottish football fans think to be honest mate :craphead:

should all be greatful to walter n eck for even getting them into contention.

il be there on saturday hoping for a great result.

But if we dont qualify - i will be proud of Scotland no matter what (tu)

fair enough, but my point is of the now over-expectation Scotland fans now expect, from the media to the fans to the SFA.

Dont know about anyone else, I am a big Scotland fan, and I think we are underdogs today - If you offered me 4 pts this week I would snap your hand off.

Not over expectation, just pride that we are a real team again who can stand up and give the best sides in the world a game.

I am more concerned with the fact that, in most ways, we dont appear to be underdogs today. We are far better when we are. We are above Ukraine in the group, and the Fifa rankings... hmmm It does sound nice that tho

I reckon we will get 6 from them both

its annoying cos at the start of the campaign, we figured if we had any hope of going through, we would at least 21-25 points... we could get that and not qualify and its a shame :(

i would go with this team, its very attack minded tho. I think we are going with the extra security and taking boyd out and putting in a def mid player. I would have Thomson over Dailly tho.

scotland-1.png