Best right back in the country - Lewis McCann?

J_RFC87

“I’m hoping Kevin will start against Lithuania as I honestly think there is no better right-back in the country at present,” Collins said.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle2626112.ece

Even eclipsing our own Alan Hutton?

The guy is 20, and played very well at Ibrox last week (albeit he was up against Charles).

Maybe he can play left back for Scotland, coz he's no better than Alan :rolleyes:

JC has every right to talk up his own players, as it will obviously make them believe in themselves.

But in the past year there have been very few players who have had the consistancy in there play that Hutton has had and for that reason I think Collins was a bit off the mark with that comment.

Alan Hutton in my opinion had developed into Scotlands finest full back.

If he isn't in the starting eleven for Scotland I will be seriously perplexed, Eck can't use the excuse of experience as Hutton has played at a consistantly high level for Rangers in Europe.

Phil Neville :rolleyes:

I hope you mean Gary Neville....

Their dad has one of the best names ever, Neville Neville. :lol:

As for Kevin McCann, looks a good prospect, but he's barely even played 20 times for Hibs yet, give it time before arguing for a call up. Especially after the last few times of unproven youngsters getting into the team, Mo Ross and Stephen Crainey. doh

Fair enough speaking up your own players, but the guy doesn't have the experience of European football like Hutton has, until Hibs qualify for Europe and do well then maybe Hutton will have a fight on his hand, but I can't see him giving up his spot as the right back for Scotland for a long time now.

Hutton is head and shoulder's above any other right back in the league. There is no doubt McCann will become a very good player, but just now he doesn't have the experience. I can actually see the tims going for McCann in January as they have diddly squat for right back. I also really like Lewis Stevenson, he will become a great player as well, maybe a Barry replacement in a few years time.

Hutton is head and shoulder's above any other right back in the league. There is no doubt McCann will become a very good player, but just now he doesn't have the experience. I can actually see the tims going for McCann in January as they have diddly squat for right back. I also really like Lewis Stevenson, he will become a great player as well, maybe a Barry replacement in a few years time.

looks good but no thanks. Old firm need to quit there obesssion with hibs ! :P

I don't think its an obsession, they just seem to be producing the best youngsters at the moment.

I don't think its an obsession, they just seem to be producing the best youngsters at the moment.

Seriously though, how many have went on to prove themselfs at a higher level?

Quite a few to be honest.

Ok Riordan isn't getting a game with the unwashed, however, Caldwell, Brown and Killin seem to be doing well over there. Whether or not you class that as a higher level is a different issue. :)

Thomson is getting a regular game for us, Kenny miller seems to have carved out a decent career and Garry O'Conner is doing pretty well for Brum.

A few have probably slipped by but that's the ones that i can think of just now.

Quite a few to be honest.

Ok Riordan isn't getting a game with the unwashed, however, Caldwell, Brown and Killin seem to be doing well over there. Whether or not you class that as a higher level is a different issue. :)

Thomson is getting a regular game for us, Kenny miller seems to have carved out a decent career and Garry O'Conner is doing pretty well for Brum.

A few have probably slipped by but that's the ones that i can think of just now.

Their youth system is something to admire don't get me wrong, but Caldwell hasn't done anything to suggest he's a quality player, an accident waiting to happen in the CL

Brown, too early to tell, but not too early to see that £4.5million was a ridiculous fee

Killen, I'm not to worried about this guy to be honest, Jan vinegar of Castlemilk will keep him out the team, that should really tell us something about the boys talents

O'Connor, again I'll wait and see, though he is one player I reckon will go on to prove himself

Miller failed with us, had a good stint in the Championship then failed at Celtc

Thomson still has a hell of a lot to prove in my opinion, If Hemdani ships out at the end of the season I fear we'll have to spend heavily to replace him as Thomson wont fill the void

Whittaker, well I'd be better off not saying anything there

Hibernians youth policy is an aggressive one where youngsters are played above their level, they develop quicker but in the long run in individual cases I question if it rarely works

Best right back in the country?

That'll be Hutton then! Collins can come back and say that when his player has played in International and Champions League football and shone!! Tbh it wasn't really that hard to be impressive against us last week, we were utter dire. He's a good player but another one of those "Hibs superstars"

“I’m hoping Kevin will start against Lithuania as I honestly think there is no better right-back in the country at present,†Collins said.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle2626112.ece

Even eclipsing our own Alan Hutton?

The guy is 20, and played very well at Ibrox last week (albeit he was up against Charles).

Maybe he can play left back for Scotland, coz he's no better than Alan :rolleyes:

In comparison with Hutton he is as much use as Gerry McCann :rolleyes: