Goodbye to success in Europe...

if Smith is installed as manager. I love the guy, but he has a terrible track record in European competition and i think in that sense it would be a step in the wrong direction. I would rather see Davies come in, as although it would be more risky, i believe he would have the hunger to succed in both the SPL and Europe

I think the guy has learned a lot from his involvment with Scotland. You don't get the sort of results hes managed to achieve recently without having some insight of the European mentality and that experience can only benefit us.

if Smith is installed as manager. I love the guy, but he has a terrible track record in European competition and i think in that sense it would be a step in the wrong direction. I would rather see Davies come in, as although it would be more risky, i believe he would have the hunger to succed in both the SPL and Europe

No? where are Scotland in their qualifying group right now.Although Davies is a good shout what has he done in Europe.Im not totally disagreeing with you ,im just looking at it from both sides of the coin.

I think Walter and Ally would make us a good side in Europe. Hard to beat at Ibrox and good away from home. Walter has certainly learned and became wiser since he was the Rangers manager.

Who knows, McCoist and Smith back at Ibrox and playing in the UEFA cup final at Hampden Park in May...Nice dream tho!

I think Walter and Ally would make us a good side in Europe. Hard to beat at Ibrox and good away from home. Walter has certainly learned and became wiser since he was the Rangers manager.

Who knows, McCoist and Smith back at Ibrox and playing in the UEFA cup final at Hampden Park in May...Nice dream tho!

What i night that would be. (beer) (spl)

When is the UEFA cup final?

We could make that the RM meet day? :D

Will be even better if Rangers get to the final! :D

I was thinking along the same lines as you as well.

We could end up doing well at home but not in europe.

Truth be told you get more recognition for doing well in europe than for winning the SPL

I wouldn't want to go back to winning everything here and comming up short in europe I want us to do well in both we are starting to get some credibility back in europe.

On the other hand he has transformed the national team and looks like he wants to give young players a chance now so maybe i am being to negative.One thing is for sure anyone who is not seen to be up to playing for Rangers will not play for Rangers with Walter in charge.Walter knows what the club is all about and has the club at heart.

Weighing it all up i think the positives outweigh the negatives and he would be a good choice and remember he has experience at international level as well now.

I'm sure PLG will be sucsessful back in france as Scotland and it's football was to much of a culture shock for him wish him all the best.

just my opinion and at the end of the day it is not my opinion that counts

When is the UEFA cup final?

We could make that the RM meet day? :D

Will be even better if Rangers get to the final! :D

Good idea ill book the time off work tomorrow just incase. :lol:

<heresf***inghopingsmiley>

walter is wrong choice it will end up in tears, we should be going forwards not back in time.

I tend to agree with you Minstral

The old saying "never go back"

There are not to mant sucessful second comings, lets hope this one is if it happens

I think Watty going back is one of the situations where going back IS a good move. He will not be in charge of Rangers for the next 5 years if he returns, but merely act as a relatively short term measure to oversee the building of a McCoist, Durrant & possibly McCall partnership that will be seen as the longer term plan for the club.

Foreign managers at Ibrox I think will be very much a thing of the past for long time to come as with the 2 we have had, we have put ourselves in a bad position. Advocaat was given too much to spend and achieved far too little, while le Guens 200 days were shocking.

I think the appointmment of Wattuy and Ally will bring the club back to the fighting Scottish mentality, raise team morale and provide a good short-term structure that can be used to develop a management team for the future.

Said it a million times. Walter should NOT be Manager. Let McCoist do it under guidance from Walter.

Walter perhaps, for the (very) short term only.

I think that is what will happen, Watty likes the Scotland job and technical director or whatever would allow him to maintain the Scotland role.

I think this set-up could lead to an "Anfield Boot Room" scenario which could only be good for Rangers.

Goodbye success in Europe? Not definately but more than likely. The Livorno and Haifa games were brilliant to watch and I genuinely thought "we`re going places here" None of the usual `backfoot` `see if we can sneak a result` carry on. But , hey, who cares? As long as we beat the tims.

I think it would be a great move for all concerned.Iwouldn't even mind if he came back just long enough to kick all of their bollocks in for being a disgrace to the jersey.In fact if you look at all the national managers in the British Isles, Walter easily comes out on top in terms of respect. He has done a magnificent job with scotland. Let's face it,nobody on earth could have done a better job, not even sir alex, with that pile of pish, we call the national team.The whole of europe knows it.He has gained so much credibility. Also surrounds himself with a great management team full of people with different personalities,with different strengths. Which begs the question? If he is getting that extra 20%from pish players,i wonder how Kenny Miller and Pressley are feeling just now?

Also Baz is shit scared of him, that should be WS first job. Punch the wee bastard(although my hero) as hard in the fuckin mouth as hard as he can,show him who's boss,give him the armband back,tell him to get on with it and shut his fuckin mouth. This partnership would be great for Gers.Leading to ,who would have guessed it all them years ago, Durrant and MacCoist,passing the management job to each other every week. Isn't that what football is all about. Them 2 cheeky wee bastards in charge of the team.Can you imagine the atmos at ibrox?"Go on Coisty,you can shout at them at half time! I did it last week!"Ha Ha! Every supporter would respect and love them, because like walter,they really are the people. Just like us! <tankkk> partay partay (willy) (willy)

I think it would be a great move for all concerned.Iwouldn't even mind if he came back just long enough to kick all of their bollocks in for being a disgrace to the jersey.In fact if you look at all the national managers in the British Isles, Walter easily comes out on top in terms of respect. He has done a magnificent job with scotland. Let's face it,nobody on earth could have done a better job, not even sir alex, with that pile of pish, we call the national team.The whole of europe knows it.He has gained so much credibility. Also surrounds himself with a great management team full of people with different personalities,with different strengths. Which begs the question? If he is getting that extra 20%from pish players,i wonder how Kenny Miller and Pressley are feeling just now?

Also Baz is shit scared of him, that should be WS first job. Punch the wee bastard(although my hero) as hard in the fuckin mouth as hard as he can,show him who's boss,give him the armband back,tell him to get on with it and shut his fuckin mouth. This partnership would be great for Gers.Leading to ,who would have guessed it all them years ago, Durrant and MacCoist,passing the management job to each other every week. Isn't that what football is all about. Them 2 cheeky wee bastards in charge of the team.Can you imagine the atmos at ibrox?"Go on Coisty,you can shout at them at half time! I did it last week!"Ha Ha! Every supporter would respect and love them, because like walter,they really are the people. Just like us! <tankkk> partay partay (willy) (willy)

:D:D:D(tu)

Can't decide if I agree with you or not, if Walter can get the national team into gear over his fairly short tenure as manager and beat teams such as France, then why can't he continue this with the Rangers team?

I don't think many Rangers fans will be too happy with playing a 4-5-1 at home!

Post of the day in my book, well said rab. (tu)