***The Official Motherwell v Rangers Thread***

Muff

He also needs to stop pulling people down, giving away needles fouls and mouthing off. He needs to start performing consistantly. No use doing it every so often. I thought he had maybe turned the corner, yesterday showed that he hasn't.

His passing is good but I agree with the stupid 3 yard ones, at times they dont even make our players. He needs to have a look up, hold onto the ball if there is not a pass on or even drive forward with the ball. He did this at times with Hibs so he has that in him.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His passing is good but I agree with the stupid 3 yard ones, at times they dont even make our players. He needs to have a look up, hold onto the ball if there is not a pass on or even drive forward with the ball. He did this at times with Hibs so he has that in him.

Same can be said of Steven Whitakker.

Sadly he has a lot more to work and focus on. He is just not a midfielder, Collins saw this and so did the Hibs fans. Yet Smith is trying play somewhere where he is not suited to.

£2million is a lot of money, how come we came straight up with that for Whittaker yet took months and months trying to sign Naisy????

Clearly Naisy, a Scotland International player, 2 YPOTY awards is a much better player than Whittaker even though they play different positions?

I agree..if Buffel doesnt get a game here , especially after that debacle yesterday, it would be a disgrace

is he ever going to go 4-4-2?

If Buffel doesn't play, words will fail me. Except very angry ones aimed at Uncle Walter.

What about Gow?

Havn't heard much. Why not though? Gow on the left, Beasley on the right and Naismith up-front with someone else

Didn't get positive noises from someone I spoke to today who knows him mind you but it sounded as if they hadn't spoke tbh so probably can't read too much into it.

What would you like to see ?

I know I'll be in the minority by not wanting to go back to a 4-4-2, but I still firmly believe the system we are playing can work IF we ensure that our wide men stay high up the park, play as forwards and not midfielders, and give sufficient support to Cousin. It should be 4-3-3 in the SPL, not 4-5-1.

_____________________McGregor

Hutton_________Cuellar________Weir_________Papac

_____________________Thomson

___________Ferguson_____________Furman

___Lennon____________Cousin____________Naismith

Personally, I'd like to see this team play. I've been hearing good things about Furman and Lennon for a while now, so lets see them !

With Cousin in the central role, just tell Lennon and Naismith to go out and play. Switch sides, drop in behind, pull wide, angle their runs through the middle.....whatever they want, just express themselves......and don't drop too deep, they should be playing in this system as forwards. It should be Thomson's job in domestic games to sweep across and cover when the full-backs need protection.

_____________________McGregor

Hutton_________Cuellar________Weir_________Papac

_____________________Thomson

___________Ferguson_____________Furman

___Lennon____________Cousin____________Naismith

Actually quite like the look of that team (tu)