***The Official Barcelona v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A great performance by Barca tonight and warmed up nicely for wed with a 3-0 win over Betis. One of the best team goals i've seen in a long time scored by Henry tonight too.

We're in good form too, after a domination of ICT :crab:

A great performance by Barca tonight and warmed up nicely for wed with a 3-0 win over Betis. One of the best team goals i've seen in a long time scored by Henry tonight too.

We're in good form too, after a domination of ICT :crab:

Yeah we were pretty good yesterday so this makes this game even more interesting

walter keeps you scratching yur heid with some of the selections good to see jcd back and along with cousins and hemdami and the lions heart of fergie; hutton; cueller and the belief in themseleves its there for the taking. as long as they give it their best in the true blue tradition its all we can ask for . cmon the gers.

walter keeps you scratching yur heid with some of the selections good to see jcd back and along with cousins and hemdami and the lions heart of fergie; hutton; cueller and the belief in themseleves its there for the taking. as long as they give it their best in the true blue tradition its all we can ask for . cmon the gers.

well said mate

welcome to the site :rangers:

I wasn't overly impressed by Barca tonight, i expected more. We wont play the same way Betis did, they went to the camp nou like lambs to a slaughter before they kicked a ball.

We'll have 9 outfield players behind the ball constantly, and Barca's backline will be 20 yards further up. They'll come at us at a higher tempo than tonight, but because of how deep we will be playing they'll have to either score from distance or bag a header, unless we make mistakes.

We'll probably lose, but this is the only way we can compete with Barca at Champions League level.

Mon the Gers :rangers:

Just watched Barca tear Real Betis a new one. Not too confident now, if they are in that happy, slick, free flowing football mood then they will murder us!

I fear the worst should they get an early goal, they will pump us. Toure and Zambrotta are back, Abidal is quality, Ronaldinho looked happy again, Henry got into great positions and missed a few sitters, Iniesta was quality and Messi was just World Class!

I just hope they dont thump us!

Just watched Barca tear Real Betis a new one. Not too confident now, if they are in that happy, slick, free flowing football mood then they will murder us!

I fear the worst should they get an early goal, they will pump us. Toure and Zambrotta are back, Abidal is quality, Ronaldinho looked happy again, Henry got into great positions and missed a few sitters, Iniesta was quality and Messi was just World Class!

I just hope they dont thump us!

True we need to keep it tight early doors

Shock results can happen in the UCL

We will need to ride our luck but who knows :rangers:

What the heck are we going to do with our midfield ? :unsure:

Thomson suspended, Adam possibly still out, Faye's a disaster zone, Whittaker seemed to have lost his confidence before he was dropped.........

__________________McGregor

Hutton_______Cuellar______Weir_______Papac

McCulloch____Ferguson____Hemdani____Beasley

________________Darcheville

__________________Cousin

Tempted to start Novo ahead of Beasley purely because while Beasley has it in him to work hard going backwards, Novo will undoubtedly bust a gut to run back and protect our defence as if his life depends on it. And we might need that in the Nou Camp with Zambrotta back in the side at right back this time, supporting Messi.

But Beasley is experienced at this level, he knows when to run with the ball and when to look to keep possession, and is probably the better option overall.

Can't think of a decent, natural midfield option to partner Barry and Hemdani, so would let those two protect the defence, and ask Darcheville to chase down their central playmakers when we lose possession.

Adam's fit (tu)

My head would probably say start him then, and drop Cousin.

But I don't know, I like the idea of playing Cousin and Darcheville, and I'm usually more safety first than most. If we can hold the ball better in the final third, they'll have less possession over the 90 mins, and therefore less chances hopefully.

All depends on whether or not Darcheville is capable of dropping deep to chase down their midfielders when we lose the ball. I think he is, even if we only get an hour out of him doing that, so I would probably still start him. I don't think Adam keeps the ball well enough to cement a place in midfield for this match.

Darcheville has showed that he can drop deep,

_____________McGregor___________

Hutton____Cuellar____Weir____Papac

__Ferguson____Hemdani____Adam___

Beasley__________________McCulloch

______________JCD_______________

Pretty much the best team we can send out unless we go for it. Maybe Faye will start instead of Adam or Novo instead of Beasley?

Pretty much the best team we can send out unless we go for it. Maybe Faye will start instead of Adam or Novo instead of Beasley?

*cries*

God I hope not!

Although I'd like to see Novo start, probably better to save him for later in the game if JCD starts, now that I think about it.

I hope JCD is sharp and ready for this one :rangers:

What the heck are we going to do with our midfield ? :unsure:

Thomson suspended, Adam possibly still out, Faye's a disaster zone, Whittaker seemed to have lost his confidence before he was dropped.........

__________________McGregor

Hutton_______Cuellar______Weir_______Papac

McCulloch____Ferguson____Hemdani____Beasley

________________Darcheville

__________________Cousin

Tempted to start Novo ahead of Beasley purely because while Beasley has it in him to work hard going backwards, Novo will undoubtedly bust a gut to run back and protect our defence as if his life depends on it. And we might need that in the Nou Camp with Zambrotta back in the side at right back this time, supporting Messi.

But Beasley is experienced at this level, he knows when to run with the ball and when to look to keep possession, and is probably the better option overall.

Can't think of a decent, natural midfield option to partner Barry and Hemdani, so would let those two protect the defence, and ask Darcheville to chase down their central playmakers when we lose possession.

Adam (tu)

good god, surely such a move will not even be in walter's mind?? could you imagine it??

Out of all of it though I was disappointed to hear that the Spanish Police (or Catalan police not sure if they're separate) are treating this as a high risk game, I hope there aren't any heavy handed tactics like last season.

Probably wise for the police to take precautions to prevent any disturbances.

We should get on better on Wednesday if someone points out to Puyol that he is supposed to be a centre half!

He was Barcelona's most dangerous attacker in the 1st half at Ibrox.

He is simply fantastic. Easily their best player in the first match, he was constantly asking questions of Weir and the rest of the defense.

was playing wide right most of the game :lol:

pitty we didnt push them more at the back, could have caught them out towards the end.

hopefully we have a few pops at goal on wednesday

Out of all of it though I was disappointed to hear that the Spanish Police (or Catalan police not sure if they're separate) are treating this as a high risk game, I hope there aren't any heavy handed tactics like last season.

Probably wise for the police to take precautions to prevent any disturbances.

I don't mind precautions, in fact I expect precautions but placing the game as "High Risk" I take offence at as it could have over policing. Even if Barca are a team who are more used to this type of game I hope the police behave themselves. Only thinking back to last season when the policing was a joke.