Nae Luck Scotland, nae luck.

bigmarvloyal

where i stay most of the english are lovely people, apart from the usual nutcases you find in any town or city, who call me scotch this and that, but they hate it when you say its scots not scotch,and that makes them worse. but to be honest most of the english in my town were cheering for scotland yesterday,and yes i know its the english media who would send you mad and they really wind me up,but to me i will always want england to do well apart from when playing scotland, and if we are good enough to fight in wars together then i will always give them my support, scottish british and proud.

Minst respect thought I was the only person who corrected people about Scotch and Scots, think we are the only 2 left who know the difference ! :sherlock:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where i stay most of the english are lovely people, apart from the usual nutcases you find in any town or city, who call me scotch this and that, but they hate it when you say its scots not scotch,and that makes them worse. but to be honest most of the english in my town were cheering for scotland yesterday,and yes i know its the english media who would send you mad and they really wind me up,but to me i will always want england to do well apart from when playing scotland, and if we are good enough to fight in wars together then i will always give them my support, scottish british and proud.

Minst respect thought I was the only person who corrected people about Scotch and Scots, think we are the only 2 left who know the difference ! :sherlock:

You'd be surprised BD, have just been on a Bolton forum where a guy used the word 'scotch' and the other guy admonished him by saying "it's no wonder the Scots think we're all idiots when you use words like that" :rolleyes:

I dont support England due to their media.

I find anyone supporting nations that are not their country of birth quite strange, each to their own though.

As an aside Rangers will always come before Scotland for me.

Dado, are our mhedia any better?

Seriously, are any nations media any different

I'd agree with your second point but England is part of the UK, they are our fellow countrymen, as hard as that may be for misty eyed so called Uber Scots to understand that is the bottom line

I find anyone supporting nations that are not their country of birth quite strange, each to their own though.

Agree completely dado, I'm English so i support England just as everyone else should support their country of birth.

Wanting other countries to do well is different than supporting them, i always look out for the other home nations results especially Scotland (the mood is better towards me when i come to Ibrox :rolleyes:) AND Northern Ireland.

Don't want a warning here but i detest the ROI and always have done, i have a theory that explains why but can't say it because i will definitely get a warning!

I detest the ROI as well, I dont think that needs any explanation!

I dont mind seeing the ROI or Wales for that matter do well, but im fairly indifferent towards them.

Dado, are our mhedia any better?

Seriously, are any nations media any different

I'd agree with your second point but England is part of the UK, they are our fellow countrymen, as hard as that may be for misty eyed so called Uber Scots to understand that is the bottom line

No they are not, its embarrassing but its not enough to make me stop supporting Scotland.

Its enough to put me off England though, especially when its in our face 24/7.

They are our oldest sporting rivals I dont think its unreasonable to want them to get beat, I dont hate English people or England as a nation, its just sporting rivalry!

the only thicko is you and rab is a better supporter than you will ever be, he knows what the club is all about not like you who would sell our old support down the river.

You just used the words 'better supporter than you will ever be' and 'knows what the club is all about' in the same sentance and that IMO is one of the biggest factors when it comes to dividing our support.

The people who opt not to follow the 'traditions' of this club are not seen as being true Rangers fans as they are ill informed when it comes to 'knowing what the club is about' and the more tarditional bears would rather patronise and bellitle them about not being true bears with this talk of selling them down the river just because they don't agree with following the attitides and opinions of a mindset that in the opinion of the majority is seen as being better suited to decades ago.

They can't bring it upon themselves to embrace the 'new breed' for what they are...supporters of the same football club, who just happen to have a different attitude and opinion to them.

Wether the old gaurd want to admit it or not, they believe that there is a criteria that must be adhered to if you are allowed to support rangers and until these people stop taking trying to pin the blame on the newer generation for the death of the olden days, when it truth it is actually society that has moved on, then there will always be a division among our fans as one group wont truly accept the other and the others don't truly feel wanted.

the only thicko is you and rab is a better supporter than you will ever be, he knows what the club is all about not like you who would sell our old support down the river.

You just used the words 'better supporter than you will ever be' and 'knows what the club is all about' and in the same sentance and that IMO is one of the biggest factors when it comes to dividing our support.

The people who opt not to follow the 'traditions' of this club are not seen as being true Rangers fans as they are ill informed when it comes to 'knowing what the club is about' and the more tarditional bears would rather patronise and bellitle them about not being true bears with this talk of selling them down the river just because they don't agree with following the attitides and opinions of a mindset that is better suited to decades ago.

They can't bring it upon themselves to embrace the 'new breed' for what they are...supporters of the same football club, who just happen to have a different attitude and opinion to them.

Wether the old gaurd want to admit it or not, they believe that there is a criteria that must be adhered to if you are allowed to support rangers and until these people stop taking trying to pin the blame on the newer generation for the death of the olden days, when it truth it is actually society that has moved on, then there will always be a division among our fans as one group wont truly accept the other and the others don't truly feel wanted.

ricardo may well be a good supporter but he goes about it the wrong way, calling people every name under the sun, his language is a joke and he argue his point without all the abuse,and if he is the new age rangers fan then we are in trouble.

You just used the words 'better supporter than you will ever be' and 'knows what the club is all about' in the same sentance and that IMO is one of the biggest factors when it comes to dividing our support.

The people who opt not to follow the 'traditions' of this club are not seen as being true Rangers fans as they are ill informed when it comes to 'knowing what the club is about' and the more tarditional bears would rather patronise and bellitle them about not being true bears with this talk of selling them down the river just because they don't agree with following the attitides and opinions of a mindset that in the opinion of the majority is seen as being better suited to decades ago.

Sorry mate... but you are missing the point. It's not that these new age "fans" are different in all aspects of life from the True Rangers men that's the problem... you'll never find a true Ranger belittling someone who is not a True Ranger...

The fact is that this new breed of Rangers fan are coming along with all these high and mighty ideas of the Rangers for the future and the majority of the support will not tolerate them. It's their inability to understand our standpoint and our heritage that is the downfall of these people.

It's their arrogance and their total lack of understanding on the history of our club and it's followers since the days of it's inception.

That's the problem here.

Is that not the story of our lives? Just never have any good old fashioned LUCk when we NEED it the most.

TBH, I knew we wouldn't qualify but we came close and gave our all... just got lucky in the wrong games and times...

nae luck boys (literaly) and better luck next time.

Thank Christ there is one Home Nation to cheer on next summer.

You do know that Scotland were robbed don't you? :rolleyes::craphead:

Aye see them pure bastardin refs cheatin an aw rat... pyoor does ma nut right in! There is a bias against Scotland going on here i tell you.

UEfa are some corrupt Bastardin' c**ts.

When it comes to football the English can gtf, the same as ever other country who isnt Scotland

Theres nothin better than beatin a local rival and to me thats what England are, rivals.

Sure ive been on holiday there a few times, got english relatives, english friends but when the footballs on i'll support whoever England are playing

When it comes to football the English can gtf, the same as ever other country who isnt Scotland

Theres nothin better than beatin a local rival and to me thats what England are, rivals.

Sure ive been on holiday there a few times, got english relatives, english friends but when the footballs on i'll support whoever England are playing

agreed (tu)

Great viddy. Also, it shows a boatload of class not to show the blatant foul by Chiellini before the FK and "goal" (which I will never, EVER recognise as legit) - certainly front runner for the worst decision I have ever witnessed!!!

id never support england....im scottish....plus i doubt the english would ever support us

You would be amazed how many English support us. I personally think the anti English stuff is so outdated. I never used to feel like this and remember cheering when Germany scored their last minute equaliser in the '66 World Cup and was so surprised when my old man nearly wacked me for suporting the the people we fought in the war. I've lived in Bermuda for 37 years now and thankfully I'm away from all the sectarian bile and when you work with the English you soon realise how pointless and childish it is to keep all that anti English dislike.

id never support england....im scottish....plus i doubt the english would ever support us

Well the pub I watched the game in (Royal British Legion) was filled with at least 50+ English chaps of all ages who were cheering us on... one even went more mental than the Scots when Fergie struck his goal.

So all this "England wouldnt support us" nonsense is paranoia.

Too many people in this country suffer from the small town mentality of "Them Bad, Us Good - They Tried To Fight Us Centuries Ago... Wankers To A Man"

Get over yourselfs and show some respect for your country... the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Three Cheers for The Red White And Blue,

Three Cheers For The Red White And Blue,

For the Army And The Navy And The RAF

Three Cheers For The Red White And Blue.

Well said my friend, some of our Rangers fans sound more like the other side, I thought we had more class.

Scotland VS England...Sporting Rivalry? Lol...

THAT explains why, when I was out in town after the Scotland game, a couple of my mates (who don't support Rangers) were wanting to fight with an English guy across the road at the kebab shop. Why? Apparently when they were singing We'll be coming - The English guy was booing. First of all, I didn't hear this and secondly, woopdee fucking doo!

Och, just Sporting Rivalry. Doesn't really matter does it? Sounds like the tims and just their craic eh? It's all good...

As for the English media hyping up their team...Yeh, it is annoying. Makes me just as annoyed as I was when I seen the Scottish media hype up our team then after we lose, blame the ref and the Italians.

I have no problem with people not supporting England. But the anti-English stuff that goes with it is just out of order.

Ricardo - You're a twat.

Is that not the story of our lives? Just never have any good old fashioned LUCk when we NEED it the most.

TBH, I knew we wouldn't qualify but we came close and gave our all... just got lucky in the wrong games and times...

Which home nation is there to cheer on?

England... once they clinch it on Wednesday... you see... better teams ALWAYS make the finals of major tournaments one way or another... so I'd plump my mortgage on our brothers south of the border getting there.

:craphead:

England... once they clinch it on Wednesday... you see... better teams ALWAYS make the finals of major tournaments one way or another... so I'd plump my mortgage on our brothers south of the border getting there.

You offering a room for a night?

You offering a room for a night?

:lol: :lol: :lol: