Hatton Vs. Mayweather thread

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4:15 the fight starts I think.

One Fight to Rule Them All, Hatton vs Mayweather

'Undefeated' - the showdown between Ricky 'the Hitman' Hatton and 'Pretty Boy' Floyd Mayweather Jr. will be broadcast live and exclusive on Sky Box Office and Sky Box Office HD on Saturday Night – Seconds out for the Undefeated match is at 2:00 AM Sunday morning.

The fixture has already been talked up as being the fight of the decade, with each fighter standing to lose his undefeated run of victories, and standing to earn a place in boxing history. The Undefeated also has the distinction of being the first ever boxing match to be broadcast in high-definition in the UK.

I'm going to bed soon, when should I get up for it then?

'Undefeated' - the showdown between Ricky 'the Hitman' Hatton and 'Pretty Boy' Floyd Mayweather Jr. will be broadcast live and exclusive on Sky Box Office and Sky Box Office HD on Saturday Night �€“ Seconds out for the Undefeated match is at 2:00 AM Sunday morning.

The fixture has already been talked up as being the fight of the decade, with each fighter standing to lose his undefeated run of victories, and standing to earn a place in boxing history. The Undefeated also has the distinction of being the first ever boxing match to be broadcast in high-definition in the UK.

Follow the fight live on this website and BBC Radio 5 Live (starts at approximately 0400 GMT on 9 December

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7130304.stm

It goes to Vegas at 2am but theres 2 good undercard matches before the main event.

'Undefeated' - the showdown between Ricky 'the Hitman' Hatton and 'Pretty Boy' Floyd Mayweather Jr. will be broadcast live and exclusive on Sky Box Office and Sky Box Office HD on Saturday Night �€“ Seconds out for the Undefeated match is at 2:00 AM Sunday morning.

Follow the fight live on this website and BBC Radio 5 Live (starts at approximately 0400 GMT on 9 December

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7130304.stm

It goes to Vegas at 2am but theres 2 good undercard matches before the main event.

Thanks, I'll go to bed after the khan fight

Khan fight over in the first round... they need to get some non-shitty fighters for him to fight.

you should see my post in the Khan Earl thread, but Graham Earl is no bum fighter

ranked ahead of Khan in the British rankings, had what may be voted by the american press as fight of the year with Katsidis in february, losing out after being retired by his corner at the end of the 4th, Katsidis has since won a world title and defended it as well

so Earl was a good level opponent, and was destroyed by Khan

because people dont watch that much boxing and see him win in 70 seconds they seem to assume its the fact that the opponent is a waster, rather than the fact that Khan just decimated a good level opponent

Khan fight over in the first round... they need to get some non-shitty fighters for him to fight.

you should see my post in the Khan Earl thread, but Graham Earl is no bum fighter

ranked ahead of Khan in the British rankings, had what may be voted by the american press as fight of the year with Katsidis in february, losing out after being retired by his corner at the end of the 4th, Katsidis has since won a world title and defended it as well

so Earl was a good level opponent, and was destroyed by Khan

because people dont watch that much boxing and see him win in 70 seconds they seem to assume its the fact that the opponent is a waster, rather than the fact that Khan just decimated a good level opponent

Good post, ranking wise, Earl is the top lightweight in Britain but Gary Mcarthur is the best lightweight in Scotland IMO

so what time does coverage start then the hatton fight roughly? dunno if i should go for a kip or stay up because my bodyclock has shifted so much that 4am is easy enough atm

Hatton fight start at about 4am.

The programme starts in 10 minutes but theres British fights for 3 hours.

so what time does coverage start then the hatton fight roughly? dunno if i should go for a kip or stay up because my bodyclock has shifted so much that 4am is easy enough atm

Hatton fight start at about 4am.

The programme starts in 10 minutes but theres British fights for 3 hours.

Aye, my telly has been turned on at the live events channel and the coverage is there. Will go to bed now (tu) Hope to see you'se later

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7134002.stm

Angelo Dundee doesn't give Hatton much hope

Boxing legend Bernard Hopkins has tipped Ricky Hatton to defeat Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas this weekend.

Hopkins said he expected Hatton to "out-hustle Mayweather to a 12-round unanimous decision" in the early hours of Sunday morning, UK time.

"I see something in Hatton, I think he's the more focused fighter," Philadelphian Hopkins told BBC Sport.

"Hatton is going to throw more punches than Mayweather ever did. The busier, more aggressive fighter, will win."

Interview: Bernard Hopkins

Hatton and Mayweather front up

Hopkins added the 30-year-old Mayweather, who will be defending his WBC welterweight belt, might be under-estimating his opponent.

"I don't believe Floyd thinks Ricky has what Oscar de la Hoya had or Zab Judah had," said the 42-year-old Hopkins, now campaigning at light-heavyweight.

Mayweather has bad mitts, and when you have bad mitts, you're always thinking, 'If I punch this guy, I've got to go eight more rounds with a sore hand'

Bernard Hopkins

"But what Ricky has that neither of those fighters had is constant energy, punching and pressure - and he's got good whiskers.

"Ricky is willing to be a slugger, but to throw punches in bunches, and that's rare in boxing today, and that's a dangerous guy because you can't keep him off you.

"That will be the difference in this fight. There will be some exciting moments early on, but at the end of the day, Ricky Hatton out-hustles Floyd Mayweather to a 12-round unanimous decision."

Hopkins also suggested that Hatton, 29, might be the hungrier of the two and that Mayweather, a world champion at five-different weights, could be battling complacency.

"Floyd is considered to be the best fighter in the world, and I echo that. We all know he can fight. But can he still fight like a hungry man?" said Hopkins.

606: DEBATE

Amid the hubbub there was much chat about boxing returning to the good old days

BBC Sport's Ben Dirs

"Because I'm telling you, when that fire's not lit, you can't train the same, you go through the motions, you can't think the same, spiritually you're not the same.

"Who's going to be able to suck it up, forget about all the medals they've won, all the belts, all the pound-for-pound accolades and the 'zeros' on their records? That's going to be the biggest factor on Saturday night."

Mayweather has complained of fragile hands in the lead-up to the fight, and Hopkins said they could also play a big part in the outcome.

"Mayweather is a slightly bigger puncher, but he has bad mitts, and when you have bad mitts, you're always thinking, 'If I punch this guy, I've got to go eight more rounds with a sore hand'.

"Ricky Hatton throws so many punches, Floyd can't afford to hurt any knuckles on his hand."

Former light-welterweight king Hatton goes into the bout, billed "Undefeated", with a 43-fight unbeaten record, while Mayweather is unbeaten in 38 professional contests.

The fight is expected to start at about 0400 GMT, although it depends on the length of the fights on the undercard.

Hopkins does though :craphead:

From the Beeb

well that's the missus away to her bed and i've just started on the beers, so i'm staying up for it.

got to take her to her work @7am , so am gona be fucked the morn. :(

cani wait for it, been watching clips of FM on youttube and don't be fooled this guy can fight, it's gona be a bloody hard for hatton,

only one ricky hatton !!!!!

if Mayweather gets drawn or even thinks he can go toe to toe with ricky in a slug it out fest. Ricky will Murder him.

no Contest. However he may try to weave around and pick his punches like he does many times before really classy

. ricky must not let him do this altho he has the style not to and gets right in thier faces from the off wich hopefuly happens.

If mayweather gets to dictate the fight , i can probably see him winning on points quite easily. BUT if ricky gets his tactic right and spoils it up. i actually think Ricky Might K.o the pretty boy. you see Ricky is like the mexican fighter , duran, barrera, tough warrior. Mayweather wont k.o. him thats for sure i would be really surprised if this happen , he really tough .

if he go head to head and trade blows with ricky. Hatton will win it no danger.