Beasley could miss rest of season

kkennedy

Rangers have suffered a huge blow with the news that DaMarcus Beasley could miss the rest of the season.

The 25-year-old winger hurt his knee against Stuttgart last month and he flew back to America for surgery.

Rangers feared the worst and now US Soccer Federation spokesman Michael Kammerman has revealed that it will be four to six months before Beasley recovers.

Beasley has made a big impact at Ibrox since his move from PSV Eindhoven in the summer - bagging four goals in 19 games so far this season.

It's a blow, he was just starting to play well. I really wish we'd landed that Pascal Feinduono in the summer. He's setting the French league alight and is scoring for fun. Exactly the type of player we need.

I think he's just too weak to recover properly. The guy needs a good feed. Forget the medics, send him round to my mums house for a fortnight, she'll see him right.

'Mair neeps, De Marcus ?'

'Well hell yeah, Mrs ScotBear, right on !!' :)

CHICAGO -- American midfielder DaMarcus Beasley will be sidelined 4-to-6 months following surgery on his right knee.

The 25-year-old Beasley was hurt while playing for Scotland's Glasgow Rangers in a European Champions League game against Stuttgart on Nov. 27.

U.S. Soccer Federation spokesman Michael Kammerman said Monday that the operation had taken place and gave the time frame for Beasley's expected recovery.

Beasley will miss most, if not all, of the rest of Rangers' season. He could return for the U.S. team's opening World Cup qualifiers in June.

Beasley scored four goals in 19 games this season for Rangers, who acquired him from PSV Eindhoven.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...605&cc=5901

been posted already m8, kind of accepted the fact that hes out for so long, cant wait till hes recovered and hopefully it hasnt hurt his career in the long term.

sorry. saw out for season posted, but didn't see the actual time frame. my bad.

big blow for us... anyone else gutted by this?

Sorry but I'm not gutted by this..bad timing with others sidelined for Lyon, but to be honest I don't think he's got the strength to make the really top flight and add European standard quality into the side. Nice and nippy but all too often he goes missing when there's work to be done - especially if we're behind... in Barca I had a great seat near his position and he shat it from 3 tackles in the first 30 minutes..

Nothing against the lad, but don't think he has all it takes to take RFC to where it needs to go.

:craphead: