Flower Of Scotland

superally07

Flower Of Scotland At Ibrox  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Flower of Scotland be played at ibrox?

• Yes
    • No

I think if you were to start this thread on Follow Follow it would wield significantly different results.

Thats if you were allowed to stay long enough to view the results.

RM does not constitute the whole Rangers community and this poll is not anywhere near indicative of the full Rangers support.

FollowFollow is hardly representative of the entire support either though.

1. The majority of them hate Murray with such a passion that many personally abuse the man. Yet the last time he was on the pitch, he was roundly applauded. I realise many are unhappy with Murray, but that was the reality at Ibrox.

2. I witnessed a thread where a mod banned 3 posters whose only crime was to put up strong and passionate defences for Barry Ferguson. The mod in question hates Barry Ferguson with a passion.

3. And best of all, Follow Follow attempted to get a protest going outside Ibrox to get Murray out.........in the end not that many turned up and those that did were hounded down by other supporters, which showed that their desire for such action to take place was certainly a minority desire.

FollowFollow is extremist, not representative.

Man you've posted this shite before.

When exactly was Murray last on the pitch - other than to unveil a league flag - obviously applause on such an occasion could not rationally be claimed by even the biggest Murray fan.

And as for the demonstration - a peaceful demonstration against Murray was set upon violently by a bunch of thugs.

I can't believe any bear can take such apparent delight in that.

Best bit is they were singing 'The Billy Boys'. You couldn't make it up.

And you've posted the same shite reply ;)

So the extreme anti-Murray brigade only boo and protest when things are going wrong on the park.......fickle indeed, as I suspected.

Set upon by a bunch of thugs.......yeah, I've heard the followfollow party line before in an attempt to save face. Doesn't really wash though. It was just decent fans who felt it was embarrassing and uncalled for. And there haven't been any protests since. Why ? What's changed ? Why no banners ? Again, because we're winning ? :rolleyes:

i find it so sad that some of the rangers support of today bears no resemblence of the support of the older bears, when we looked after our own and if someone got in trouble, there was always other fans who would help them. but nowadays our support attack each other which murray loved when he got his rent a mob to attack decent fans,and thats because you are not allowed to say, that you hate murray and not allowed to be a dissenter or say that you want the club to be run by someone else. some of our own support would jump off a cliff if murray asked them to, and what annoys me is he does not care for the fans its only the money we spend is what the bold david is after.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think if you were to start this thread on Follow Follow it would wield significantly different results.

RM does not constitute the whole Rangers community and this poll is not anywhere near indicative of the full Rangers support.

:crab: agree's.

It looks good that we sing British songs, representative of the entire union, and i agree fos is shite. People talk about making our club more inclusive, what's more inclusive than singing songs which the whole of Britain can identify with, apart from the obvious tim fraternity. The amount of English guys that are down the gers bar in London, wearing west ham / chelsea tops and so on, love it.

Fact is, if they think singing some shite song winds us up, who gives a fvck? It doesnt.

"As for 'the extreme anti-Murray brigade'.......nor do I know anybody who could reasonably be described that way"

Basically just the fans, on FollowFollow for example, that all had Murray GTF in their avators, called him 'scum', the 'devil', a man that was going to 'kill our club'........you know, reasonable constructive criticism such as that.

Also, assault ? Get a grip. No assault took place. The banner was taken away and they were shouted down........nothing anybody should cry to their mammy over. It failed miserably, and now that it has finally sunk in that the majority don't want to see such protests, that will be the last 'Murray out' protest we will see I would think.

Assaults took place.

You asserting otherwise will not change that fact, no matter how often you assert it.

And no doubt you will continue........

1. The majority of them hate Murray with such a passion that many personally abuse the man. Yet the last time he was on the pitch, he was roundly applauded. I realise many are unhappy with Murray, but that was the reality at Ibrox.

2. I witnessed a thread where a mod banned 3 posters whose only crime was to put up strong and passionate defences for Barry Ferguson. The mod in question hates Barry Ferguson with a passion.

3. And best of all, Follow Follow attempted to get a protest going outside Ibrox to get Murray out.........in the end not that many turned up and those that did were hounded down by other supporters, which showed that their desire for such action to take place was certainly a minority desire.

When exactly was Murray last on the pitch - other than to unveil a league flag - obviously applause on such an occasion could not rationally be claimed by even the biggest Murray fan.

And as for the demonstration - a peaceful demonstration against Murray was set upon violently by a bunch of thugs.

So the extreme anti-Murray brigade only boo and protest when things are going wrong on the park.......fickle indeed, as I suspected.

Set upon by a bunch of thugs.......yeah, I've heard the followfollow party line before in an attempt to save face. Doesn't really wash though. It was just decent fans who felt it was embarrassing and uncalled for. And there haven't been any protests since. Why ? What's changed ? Why no banners ? Again, because we're winning ? :rolleyes:

i find it so sad that some of the rangers support of today bears no resemblence of the support of the older bears, when we looked after our own and if someone got in trouble, there was always other fans who would help them. but nowadays our support attack each other which murray loved when he got his rent a mob to attack decent fans,and thats because you are not allowed to say, that you hate murray and not allowed to be a dissenter or say that you want the club to be run by someone else. some of our own support would jump off a cliff if murray asked them to, and what annoys me is he does not care for the fans its only the money we spend is what the bold david is after.

Of course you have proof that Murray hired a mob to attack other Rangers fans?

What? you don't?

Tsk Tsk!

What? you don't?

Tsk Tsk!

you know i dont have proof murray is to clever for that. <_<

What? you don't?

Tsk Tsk!

So your accusations are unfounded? Glad we established that then

What? you don't?

Tsk Tsk!

i know but cant prove it but hey i should not say anything bad about your hero. :rolleyes:

I originally voted in favour of singing FoS but think i might have changed my mind due to some good comments.

First of all as a club we are proud to be scottish and british, the problem is FoS talks about sending "homewards to think again" - doesn't quite fit in with flying the Union Flag beside the Saltire.

Secondly in the climate of offensive songs being targetted, i think singing a song about fighting the English could be seen as offensive. If we started singing it, does anyone think the "offensive" nature of the song would be picked up on???? how ironic given that no-one complains about it at the moment.

Having said all that, i would love to sing some other scottish song at Ibrox along with Rule Britannia. Singing a scottish song really would wind up the other mob wouldn't it!!!!

What? you don't?

Tsk Tsk!

i know but cant prove it but hey i should not say anything bad about your hero. :rolleyes:

Again, a mistruth - you tell lies for a living

Hey, I dont like the idiot either but if you are gonna mouth off accusing someone you had better have some proof mate

The thing I didn't like about the whole Murray protest was the aftermath of it.

There was a page on the Rangers website bragging about how it was broke up, etc. Sheer arrogance, in my opinion.

Secondly in the climate of offensive songs being targetted, i think singing a song about fighting the English could be seen as offensive. If we started singing it, does anyone think the "offensive" nature of the song would be picked up on???? how ironic given that no-one complains about it at the moment.

Having said all that, i would love to sing some other scottish song at Ibrox along with Rule Britannia. Singing a scottish song really would wind up the other mob wouldn't it!!!!

well what about gstq? its also anti scottish. with the quote "rebellious scots to crush" and another thing she is qeII of england only q elizabeth the 1st of Scotland. Scottish 1st and last. No other nation means a thing. Saor Alba! 1314

well what about gstq? its also anti scottish. with the quote "rebellious scots to crush" and another thing she is qeII of england only q elizabeth the 1st of Scotland. Scottish 1st and last. No other nation means a thing. Saor Alba! 1314

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's never been in the official song, or ever published doh

Plus, it was written well before GSTQ was made the national anthem ( a good 50 years). Hardly representative :rolleyes:

It's a poor man's debating point anyway (td)

Saor Alba doh From what? doh

Quoted from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Save_the_Queen

"Around 1745, the anti-Jacobite sentiment was captured in a fourth verse, with a prayer for the success of George Wade's army then assembling at Newcastle. These words attained some short-term popularity, although they did not appear in the published version in Gentleman's Magazine:

Lord, grant that Marshal Wade,

May by thy mighty aid,

Victory bring.

May he sedition hush and like a torrent rush,

Rebellious Scots to crush,

God save the King.

This verse was abandoned soon after, and certainly before the song became accepted as the British national anthem in the 1780s and 1790s.[20][21] Despite the short-lived currency of this verse, it is still cited as a reason for the anthem causing great offence when sung in most parts of Scotland, even though the motive for its writing drew on what was essentially a religious divide (the Protestantism of the Hanoverians vs. the Catholicism of the Jacobites) rather than one between England and Scotland."

RULE BRITANNIA

still waiting for a answer why has it not been sung at ibrox by our support. :rolleyes:

It's not a traditional song. It's not part of the song book if you like.......yet.

But the desire for it to be sung is growing, polls such as this indicate this, my own experience chatting to felllow fans indicates this.......so it will happen sooner rather than later. You can't rush these things........ ;)

Will be great, not only for the fans at Ibrox who want to sing it, but will also be great PR for us. Will wipe away all of the stuff people try and throw at us about rejecting our Scottish identity. And THEY will hate it. :)

your right we should be proud about our scottish identity, but i dont think our support will ever sing it,maybe another scottish song like caledonia or something or something else. also i am not having a go at you as every poster is allowed their opinion, but as isay i cant ever see our support adopt flower of scotland. :)

Caledonia is a cracking song as well. (tu)

What? you don't?

Tsk Tsk!

Again, a mistruth - you tell lies for a living

Hey, I dont like the idiot either but if you are gonna mouth off accusing someone you had better have some proof mate

bauba dont call me a liar,remember we are still waiting for you to give us the proof when you accused rangers fans of racial abuse against mark walters, all you do is live in a dream world, and call me a liar, have a good look in the mirror.

but nowadays our support attack each other which murray loved when he got his rent a mob to attack decent fans,and thats because you are not allowed to say, that you hate murray and not allowed to be a dissenter or say that you want the club to be run by someone else.

In all the games I've been too, I cant say I've ever seen any people have what you would even describe as an argument over Murray, the only "attacking" I can think of is people having a go at others for singing sectarian songs, or arguing about players.

for fuck sake.

It's amazing how we're givin a doin by the press over anti Celtic and pro Protestant songs.Also singing about our fight against Roman tyranny in 1689/1690 yet it seems ok to sing about 1314 and th fight against the English.To gloat about the invasion of England and the rape ,murder and pillage of that country..

Double standards.

At least when we sing it's pro British and pro protestant and even pro Scottish as when fighting against King James there were thousands of Scots on the side of William...it was basically a European civil war and the final battlefield just happened to be on the banks of the river Boyne.